Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Texas is going through a drought and welfare shitheads are dumping water.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Stop public dispursement of public funds using welfare programs.  If people want to donate to the needy, then they will do so.  Let private charity deal with it, and then nobody will feel like they got fucked over as they all had a choice in the matter rather than being forced to give to those who don't even appreciate it (dumping expensive bottled water to get a minute bit of cash back is ridiculous).
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:43:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Water is free from a goddamn tap, food stamps have no business paying for fucking WATER.

You use water to make bread! and cook pasta!  If you're gonna have a food stamps system it should cover water.

You don't have a goddamn SINK?

Hey man, a brotha need some water, ain't like the rich white folk with their fancy sinks!
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Water is free from a goddamn tap, food stamps have no business paying for fucking WATER.

You use water to make bread! and cook pasta!  If you're gonna have a food stamps system it should cover water.

You don't have a goddamn SINK?

Yea they have a sink and again we are paid for the water from that tap.  It is a system and they know all the parts to the system.  Those of us that work have no idea about what they are doing with] our[/b] money that is put into their system.  We pay for their food, water, electric, house, car, and for them to do what they want.

If they would only put that much into getting a JOB.   My take-home pay is going down and the low life people who don't work are making more and living better???  
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What the hell! Around these parts the Paki convience stores give you $.50 on the dollar for your Obama bonus buck food coupons. No need buy something and then return it.

We had exactly that happening at a mini mart in town.

That is until the police raided it and shut it down.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
you only get like 5 cents a bottle.

the average 24 pack costs about $4.00

I'm not math wiz but...

5 x 24 = 120 or $1.20

You spend $4.00 of food stamp money to get a $1.20 in cash?

In who's fucking mind does that make sense?

Food stamps = FREE

FREE x dumping bottles = $1.20

GET IT?

Get it. Got it. Good.

See above.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:52:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
End welfare.

Problem solved.

You could also remove the cash-back-redeemable bottles.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:53:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I never thought of that, but it does explain why I see a certain demographic at the bottle machines with two or three cart loads clog up the whole area and no one can get in with their lousy two bucks worth of cans for forty five minutes
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:54:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not math wiz but...

5 x 24 = 120 or $1.20

$4 that you have to spend on food that you don't need or want (and is free to you anyway), vs. $1.20 that can be spent on booze, cigarettes, crack, etc?

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Having worked at wal mart for a while before the Army, I assure you, after they pay for prime rib, lobster, cheetos "super fructose sugary shit" soda and XXXL marshmallows, they still have an impressive wad of "benjamins" to buy the booze, smokes, and crack. I seen't it, first hand.

Great..........really glad to hear it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 4:58:14 AM EDT
[#10]
What is really aggravating, is when Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton gets on TV crying a river about the starving black children in America, and how we need more programs to feed them. That is what foodstamps and free school meals are for. Plus all the other hand outs. The only reason a single black child in America is hungry, is because their dumba** parents are doing stupid stuff like pouring out water to get booze and cigarette money. They do not give a d*** about their kids food money being literally poured down a drain (or parking lot).
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:01:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Food stamps should be done away with completely.  Instead, you get a weekly allotment of basic staples –– flour, sugar, butter, dry beans, peanut butter, cheese, in-season fruit and vegetables (or canned, whichever is cheaper), etc.  You won't starve, but you won't love it either.

My tax dollars going to buy steaks, frozen pizza, fancy bakery cakes, and bottled water is freakin' bullshit.

I agree but it'll never happen.
You know, they stopped issuing the monopoly money and issue instead a debit type 'dignity card'.
From the gov. side, it's a money saver. They no longer need to print, stuff and mail millions of envelopes full of monopoly money. Plus they don't have to pay disability to the postal carrier who gets robed on the first of every month.
Also, this would require 'soup kitchens' the lines outside of which would be a visible testament to the failure not only of the individuals in the line but also of the failure of government policy.
Then, from the street, can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth if they were forced to stand in a line?
For things that they have to learn, spend time and work to cook.  
There would be welfare queens swinging cacti.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Food support for the poor should consist entirely of staple items like Rice, Beans, Sugar and Cooking Oil.

Limit the support to its true purpose, to keep the recipient from malnutrition/starving.  Let them get jobs if they want to enjoy eating.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:09:08 AM EDT
[#14]
In Michigan only carbonated beverages have deposits.

The recycle value of water bottles is so low that you'd have to dump six months worth of welfare purchases to get a couple rocks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:09:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe they could make extra money by selling the water to farmers?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:11:33 AM EDT
[#16]
You can buy water with food stamps?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:13:40 AM EDT
[#17]
<cough>workfare<cough>.
You know, the concept that if you're going to receive money from other peoples work, that in turn you actually work for it.
Clean up a park, a city, paint benches, collect garbage off the side of the road....anything that actually contributes something in exchange for the money.
But critics say that would be humiliating (and of course racist) to the recipient class.
Free, non-obligatory money from the work of others?

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:13:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe they could make money working on farms?

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, that's too much like work.

It's bad enough they'd have to drive all the way out to the farms.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:23:50 AM EDT
[#20]
If we have to have any sort of  .gov welfare, it should be only basic food items.  We really don't need them going to a warehouse, because that would probably just make us have 4 more agencies to run it.  I'd rather have this taken care of privately, but if it is public make them get only stuff like rice, dry beans, whole chicken, ground beef and so on.  Restrict it so it isn't easy.  There is so much easy processed garbage at the store it is ridiculous.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I never thought of that, but it does explain why I see a certain demographic at the bottle machines with two or three cart loads clog up the whole area and no one can get in with their lousy two bucks worth of cans for forty five minutes

Part of the reason why around these parts they will kick you out if you have more than 250 cans/bottles.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:33:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that will go over well.

The media coverage of your idea will look like this:
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:33:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm not math wiz but...

5 x 24 = 120 or $1.20

They don't end up on Welfare for nothing, brother.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:37:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Many food stamp recipients get them under 87 fraudulent names. Thats a lot of food stamps to be turned into free cash.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:41:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not math wiz but...

5 x 24 = 120 or $1.20

You have to have cash to buy drugs.  These days "food stamps" come in the form of a debit card so they can't be traded directly for drugs.  Don't forget, the money is free to the food stamp user so they don't care how much they "lose" on the transaction.  It isn't their money.  All they know is that if they buy enough bottles of water and dump them out then they can buy a rock with it.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you suggesting that these leeches are actually baking bread? and cooking pasta?

And they are doing this someplace that does not have a faucet?

I guess I really need the "Not sure if Serious" picture here.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:48:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not math wiz but...

5 x 24 = 120 or $1.20

They have a100 percent profit.

They didn't pay anything to get the $1.20.

I get that, but that's the stupidest money laundering scheme ever. There a lot better ways to make a buck without working.

Coupon fraud is real easy, and can net a lot more money than $1.20.

You are forgetting that we are not talking about ex-NASA employees here.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:49:28 AM EDT
[#28]
American ingenuity and innovation.

That's why we're the envy of the world!!!  

"Give us your tired, your poor yearning masses struggling to be leeches".
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

the average 24 pack costs about $4.00 THEM NOTHING

I'm not math wiz but...

5 x 24 = 120 or $1.20

FIFY

To them it's all profit.

What do they care? it's not their money.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:54:59 AM EDT
[#30]
This fits nicely into lobama's economic stimulus plan because there is a dual benefit.  Water company sells water, and consumer gets extra money to spend.  It's actually a better plan the Cash for Clunkers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:01:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This fits nicely into lobama's economic stimulus plan because there is a dual benefit.  Water company sells water, and consumer gets extra money to spend.  It's actually a better plan the Cash for Clunkers.

And, to follow-up...........I can imagine some dumba** libtard economist like Krugman saying.........."this is better for the economy because $5.20 gets taxed instead of $4.

Of course, the dumba** libtards who listen to people like Krugman will go "well, geez, I never thought a that".
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:09:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Has this been sent to the Arfcommer withh the food stamp abuse site?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Never ends. The low always find a way to go lower.  GET A FUCKING JOB you losers
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#34]
What is the impetus to reduce welfare fraud? The more money the agency gives away the more it justifies their positions. Think job security. Besides they don't give a fuk about savings or fraud. It's "Free Money".
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It gets worse.

In Michigan, soda bottle/can deposit is 10¢ each.  The leeches by a cases of the cheapest stuff, usually store brand cans, then them & their herd of welplings crack them open right in the parking lot.

I watched it happen.  The obese queen & her brood did right in the handicap parking space.  They just dumped the soda right onto the pavement right near the store entrance.  They didn't even have the courtesy to empty the cans into a drain.  Ya, driving an Excalade too.

If you didn't open up on them with a belt-fed, you don't have a hair on your ass.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Don't give them food stamps at all. If you want to feed people, distribute welfare-grade food from a government run warehouse. The present system practically begs to be abused.

Brilliant idea!

Oh but you'll disenfranchise people, and take away their right to choose, and so on... you're clearly racist.

I really think distributing food is the best idea. Hands down.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:15:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Perhaps one of the requirements for food stamps should be demonstrated malnutrition.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

What is really aggravating, is when Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton gets on TV crying a river about the starving black children in America, and how we need more programs to feed them. That is what foodstamps and free school meals are for. Plus all the other hand outs. The only reason a single black child in America is hungry, is because their dumba** parents are doing stupid stuff like pouring out water to get booze and cigarette money. They do not give a d*** about their kids food money being literally poured down a drain (or parking lot).

Al Sharpton now has a permanent spot on MSNBC, so not only can he lecture whitey daily,

perhaps he can get a Glenn Beck chalkboard and instruct his followers on beating the system.

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#39]
I never knew that they could buy bottled water with food stamps. It makes me wonder where the water I buy standing in lines for concerts in downtown Austin comes from, those people look pretty shady....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Simple fix: Bottled Water should be prohibited like alcohol and cigarettes.

Better fix: End foodstamps. Bring back government cheese.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Food stamps should be done away with completely.  Instead, you get a weekly allotment of basic staples –– flour, sugar, butter, dry beans, peanut butter, cheese, in-season fruit and vegetables (or canned, whichever is cheaper), etc.  You won't starve, but you won't love it either.  And you'll actually have to learn how to freakin' cook for yourself.

My tax dollars going to buy steaks, frozen pizza, fancy bakery cakes, and bottled water is freakin' bullshit.  

I fully agree.

We don't even have to open up a .gov food shelf. Cut deals with local Grocery stores to provide the distribution points and have them come pick up their allotment of staples. Get the local food shelf/Charities involved.

It is time we make people realize that we are not going to let your starve, but you are not getting prime rib. lobster, booze, crack, big screen TVs, high end cars, etc off the backs of the taxpayer. If you want the better things life, be prepared to work for it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#42]
This is a really easy fix. Change the rules so that food stamps doesn't cover the deposit. The person on the food stamps pays the deposit, and then gets the deposit back upon returning the bottles and cans.

It is a non-essential item if the leeches bitch and moan about it. They are lucky that they can even buy water, juice, and soda with food stamps.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
End welfare.

Problem solved.

No argument from me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not math wiz but...

5 x 24 = 120 or $1.20

It makes sense to these leeches who paid NOTHING for the food stamps to begin with so in their parasitic, little minds they got $1.20 cash for alcohol, cigs and dope for FREE courtesy of tax paying chumps like you and me

Even that doesn't make sense. You could sell you're "benefits at like 85% of the value for cash and make a shitload of money.

Lets say you get $250 of food stamps, and sell them to someone for $200, that's better than getting like 30% of the value and having to go through the trouble of the whole water scheme...

There's no IQ requirement to get on food stamps, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Ever wonder why the price of good prime rib steak is so high? This is the answer.

Also, I believe if they don't 'use up' all their monies on the dignity card, it goes away at the end of the month. So the incentive is there for them to 'cash out' before that happens. I bet the water pouring is cyclical in the month, with the end of month seeing the highest abuse.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:52:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

What the hell! Around these parts the Paki convience stores give you $.50 on the dollar for your Obama bonus buck food coupons.  No need buy something and then return it.

You still have the coupons?  I thought everyone had to go to the EBT cards to stop that scam?

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So they're just getting back the 5 cent deposit?  Seems like it would not be worth the effort.

Makes absolutely no sense why not stick with the old standard of selling them for $.50 on the dollar?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 8:02:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ever wonder why the price of good prime rib steak is so high? This is the answer.

Also, I believe if they don't 'use up' all their monies on the dignity card, it goes away at the end of the month. So the incentive is there for them to 'cash out' before that happens. I bet the water pouring is cyclical in the month, with the end of month seeing the highest abuse.

According to several articles earlier this year, WM said that usage is highest at the beginning of each month since the cards are replenished on the first.  Remember, the folks who use these cards aren't exactly bright when it comes to doing math and managing money.  Typically their cards are emptied in a week or so.  This is why you need to avoid WalMart until after the 15th...
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#49]
the solution should either be set up like a WIC check.  You get a list of stuff you can buy at the grocery store, they get rung up, and anything not on the approved list is on you to pay for.  Just make that list staples.  Bags of beans, flour, cornmeal, canned or frozen veggies, whole chickens, stuff like that.  Just the sheer basics.

Either that or put a central distribution point in each county.  Each family has a meeting with a dietician and then gets exactly what the family needs for a month at a time.  Run out before the month is up?  Not the taxpayers problem.  Again, only staples.  No energy drinks, no scrimps, not two inch thick steaks, none of it.  Don't want to wait in line to get a box full of good you have to cook?  Don't.  I won't mind if you starve to death because of your "dignity" issues.

What I'd like to see if we have to have welfare, is barracks housing (one family to a room with bunk beds), dining facility, clothing handed out as needed, school supplies issued once per year, computers only for work and education, and nobody gets to stay in doors between 8am and 4pm.  Nobody would be without a roof over their head, clothes on their back, or food in their bellies, but it wouldn't be a paid lifetime vacation either.  It would be uncomfortable enough to encourage the lazy to do something..
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 8:10:22 AM EDT
[#50]
LOL, wtf

that's got to be a great exchange rate.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top