Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 3:48:34 PM EDT
FoxNews is reporting that Israeli tanks have once again entered Chairman Y.askY. Arafat's compund in Ramallah.

I'll see if I can find pics from 'over there.'

Eric The(Tee-Hee!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems to me that if this had happened to US, we would have already squashed Arafat and his cronies like a bug.  

If I were King (lucky us, I'm not!) I would tell Israel to do what they need to do and warn the other Arab countries, if they stepped in,  we'd squash them like a bug.

There.  I feel much better now!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a blurb from the Jerusalem Post:

[size=4]Short-term incursions into Area A to be widened[/size=4]
By HERB KEINON

Short-term incursions into Area A in response to terror attacks will continue, although the scope following yesterday's bombing will likely be wider than at any time since the end of Operation Defensive Shield, senior officials said last night.

A senior official in the Prime Minister's Office said no new policy was adopted at a meeting of the security cabinet just after the Megiddo attack.

That meeting was planned before the attack to deal with intelligence information about the likelihood Hizbullah will try to escalate tensions along the northern border.
After the meeting, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon huddled with Defense Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer and Foreign Minister Shimon Peres to formulate a response to the bombing. The meeting broke up without a statement being released.

Ben-Eliezer ordered the speeding up of the process that will allow construction to begin next month on a fence that will act as a security barrier between Israel and the Palestinian Authority-controlled area. Electronic fences, obstacles, cameras, and other technical equipment will assist in preventing Palestinians from entering Israel so easily. The first portion of the fence is planned between Salem and Kafr Kassem.

Last night, Islamic Jihad identified the terrorist who perpetrated the attack as Hamzi Samudi of Jenin. Security officials are seeking to determine how Samudi, whom they believe entered Israel late Tuesday night or early yesterday morning, escaped detection. They are also seeking to determine who was responsible for preparing the bomb and dispatching Samudi, and if he received assistance from people inside Israel.

Shin Bet chief Avi Dichter has been lobbying for a move deeper into the PA areas and remaining there until a buffer zone, including a fence and other obstacles, is set up along the Green Line.

Sharon and Ben-Eliezer have instead favored pinpointed incursions based on hard intelligence, a policy the security cabinet did not change.

According to an official in the Prime Minister's Office, Sharon did not come out in favor of expelling PA Chairman Yasser Arafat, as he has in the past. Other security cabinet members, specifically National Religious Party leader Effi Eitam, advocated eliminating or expelling Arafat.

[b]"The question of whether to expel Arafat will be subject to consultation with, and recommendations of, the security forces," the official said.[/b]

Dichter has in the past argued that expelling Arafat would make the security situation worse.
[b]However, the official said, there are other ways to respond against Arafat short of expelling him, such as once again laying siege to his Ramallah compound, [u]but this time ensuring his isolation is more complete[/u].[/b]

See remainder of article at:[url]http://www.jpost.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/Full&cid=1022691089793[/url]

Eric The(PicsNext!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't it funny that none of the official condemnation of this latest bombing from the White House has mentioned Arafat?  I think he's finally outlived his usefulness.  Damn, I need to make some kettle corn.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oops, me think someone has stirred up a hornets nest and the hornets are ready to open a can of name brand whoop-@ss.
View Quote

Nawwww - both Arafat and Sharon are just searching for PEACE !  (Yeah, right, LOL)
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
This from Yahoo!

[size=4]Israeli Forces Enter West Bank Town[/size=4]
Wed Jun 5, 7:40 PM ET

RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - Israeli armored vehicles entered the West Bank town of Ramallah early Thursday and surrounded the office of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, witnesses said.

Israeli military sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, would say only that a military operation was in progress there.

At least two tanks and three armored personnel carriers took up position around the Palestinian leader's headquarters and sounds of gunfire could be heard.

[b]It was not immediately clear whether the Israelis planned to renew their siege on Arafat's office or even try to expel him.[/b]

The incursion followed a Palestinian attack on a bus in Israel's north on Wednesday in which 17 Israelis were killed. A Palestinian drove a car with about 42 pounds of explosives next to a bus and exploded the bomb, hurling the bus into the air and setting it on fire.

At the beginning of a large-scale invasion of the West Bank on March 29, following an earlier string of Palestinian suicide bombings, Israeli tanks crashed through the outer wall of the large compound and surrounded Arafat's office, trapping the Palestinian leader inside for 34 days.

There has been speculation in Israeli media that another major Palestinian terror attack would bring the Israeli government to a decision to expel Arafat.

See remainder of article at:[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020605/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_incursion_9[/url]

But no really good pics! I'll go elsewhere!

Eric The(Crazy)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#9]
While I was looking, I found this little article:

[size=4]Thanks, America[/size=4]
By Nissan Ratzlav-Katz  June 4, 2002

Thank you, America. As an Israeli, I want you to know that I appreciate it.

I don't mean for foreign aid packages or joint projects. I don't mean for military supplies. I don't mean for timely vetoes in the United Nations Security Council. I don't mean for walking out of the Durban Conference on Racism, when it ceased to be "on Racism" and became "for Racism against the Jews." I don't even mean for taking an Israeli astronaut into outer space on a NASA flight. In fact, I don't mean anything that involves U.S. government institutions.

I don't mean for private American ventures, either, like McDonald's or Microsoft. I don't mean for exporting, slowly, your fantastic customer service oriented business culture. I don't mean for the many private investments in Israeli firms and technologies. I don't mean for the idea of do-it-yourself stores or shopping malls. I don't even mean for exporting some of the world's best classic rock n' roll music. I certainly don't mean for outdated reruns of 18 Wheels of Justice or All My Children.

I don't mean for hundreds of Jewish and Christian pilgrims willing to visit Israel at the best of times and the worst of times. I don't mean for the many cultural events with the ubiquitous participation of American entertainers. I don't mean for the American basketball players on our National League teams. I don't even mean for the famous Israelis who were born or bred in America, like former Prime Minister Golda Meir, former Defense Minister Moshe Arens, basketball star Tal Brody, singer Achinoam Nini (Noa) or Rabbi Shlomo Riskin.

I don't even mean for the huge pro-Israel rallies in cities across America, most notably in Washington, DC. Nor do I mean the overall support for Israel among Americans and their Congressional representatives.

[b]I am thankful to America for its patriotism.[/b]

Every Israeli reporter stationed in America since that terrible September 11th has commented on Israeli television or radio about the incredible patriotism of the American people. American flags everywhere. Flag pins on every lapel. Patriotic themes appeared in every media outlet. Every store, every religious institution, every school had patriotic signs up. Every caller and every host on radio talk shows felt the need to verbally wave the flag, too. Ceremonies, ecumenical and otherwise, were created out of whole cloth, just to express patriotism and unity of purpose. It was awesome to behold. Domestic anti-American sentiment was given its fair hearing relative to its size - i.e., virtually none.

- continued -
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#10]
This made a deep impression here, you should know. We have the distinction of being one of the world's most self-critical nations, more so even than Americans, but seeing the outpouring of American patriotism did something to us, I think. At first, it was just a vague sense of change. Average Israelis commented to one another wistfully, "If only we had the patriotism of Americans." And then, we had it. Sure, the soldiers refusing to serve in the IDF initially got the inordinate amount of press that might be expected from the Leftist media, but, when push came to shove, the story of the more than 100% response to army reserve duty call-ups (meaning that Israelis who were not called for duty went to volunteer anyway) captured the domestic media's attention. Today's Israeli media talking heads are more likely to ask challenging questions of foreign reporters and politicians who come here with prejudices against the IDF or against the unity government's policies.

This year, starting after Passover through Independence Day and until today, it seems to me that there are a lot more Israeli flags out there. Seven out of ten cars sport at least one Israeli flag. Most houses, also, are flying the Jewish Star and Stripes. And have you noticed the little Israeli flag lapel pin worn by our Prime Minister nowadays? I am convinced that it is due to the inspiration of American politicians in the wake of September 11th.

[b]So, in short, thank you America for being yourselves: patriotic, confident, proud and determined. We needed that.[/b]

See article at:[url]http://web.israelinsider.com/bin/en.jsp?enPage=ViewsPage&enDisplay=view&enDispWhat=object&enDispWho=Article%5El1062&enZone=Views&enVersion=0&[/url]

Eric The(AndWeNeededToHearIt)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I have something to say;

TERMINATE ARAFAT,

NUKE THE MIDDLE EAST,

SIEZE MIDDLE EAST OIL,

FREE ISREAL !!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Ah, I was wondering where this thread was...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Eric,

Thank YOU, for posting the "Thanks America" article.  Once again we here in the USA have set an example that others in this world find inspiring and adapt to their own needs.  I keep hoping that all of our fellow Americans will come to understand that, of all the countries in this world, none so admire and respect us as the Israelis.  Despite what the cynics (and anti semites) think, it's not about the aid money.  I was there at a time, in the 50's, when there was no US government money going to the Israeli military, and damn little development aid, and while I took some kidding about being a "chocolatnik" (soft living), it was done with affection and even a little bit of envy.

Once again, thanks for the article.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I really wish they would just squish the qauck and get it all over with.  Well, arafat anyways.  

Keving67
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Is he dead yet?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is he dead yet?
View Quote

The news just reported that they moved out of his compound after 6 hours of shelling.  It's unclear what his status is.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Shit they let him go AGAIN!

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=578&ncid=578&e=1&u=/nm/20020606/ts_nm/mideast_dc_2480[/url]

Why does this reek of Washington interference?
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#19]
[img]http://www.boomspeed.com/winston_wolf/Hakim.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#20]
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020606/mdf46027.jpg[/img]

Hun Caption: 'omigod, did those rascally Israelis pizz in my bed again?'

Caption: Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat inspects the damage to his bedroom, in the West Bank city of Ramallah, June 6, 2002. Israeli military sources denied there was any intention to harm the Palestinian leader during the raid on his Ramallah headquarters, which followed a Palestinian car bombing on June 5 that killed 17 Israelis. (Ammar Awad/Reuters)

Eric The('BringMeAnotherCleanTowel,Now!')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks Eric...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top