This just give me the willies.

I feel sick, really sick.

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm.
i dunno, this guy could be a whacko.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I was about to post the same link.  Yes you have the right to say whatever you want on these boards under the 1st amendment, etc etc., but do you want to be the one to take the issue all the way up to the appeals courts and possibly the supreme court before they decide what your fate is?  I don't have the resources to do that, so the only thing I'm going to say that could possibly get me in trouble with any of the feds who could be reading this is,

MOLON LABE!  My guns are legal and my words are legal!  Taking one is akin to taking the other, you do so at your peril and the peril of our nation!

Please don't kick down my door.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[url]http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/226987.html[/url]

This just give me the willies.

I feel sick, really sick.

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WOW !!!!
Maybe Blaze of Glory was right all along.

He still may be irresponsible.
But we all are in someone else's eyes.
View Quote

[rolleyes]

hmmm...

BOG = Rebel

????
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not surprised. Not happy I'm right, but not surprised.

-legrue
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Does this mean they know about my upcoming bitchtit surgery? NOOOOOOOOOO[shock]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Does this mean they know about my upcoming bitchtit surgery? NOOOOOOOOOO[shock]
View Quote

Good luck with that, by the way, SHTFman.  Were you going for the enlargement or the reduction?

Please post pics!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was about to post the same link.  Yes you have the right to say whatever you want on these boards under the 1st amendment
View Quote

Not quite. This board, being privately owned, isn't protected by the 1st amendment. The owners don't have to allow anything they don't like to remain posted, and can make rules saying what is and isn't OK.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was about to post the same link.  Yes you have the right to say whatever you want on these boards under the 1st amendment
View Quote

Not quite. This board, being privately owned, isn't protected by the 1st amendment. The owners don't have to allow anything they don't like to remain posted, and can make rules saying what is and isn't OK.
View Quote

NH2112, I understand and agree with your distinction.  The owners of the board have the right to regulate their own board as the 1st amendment only applies to governement agencies.

However, it was not the moderators whom I was referring to in my post, but the FBI, a government agency which falls under the restrictions of the Constitution.  That being said, federal conspiracy is a very easy charge to prove, and with the guns we all have in our closets they are a step closer to being able to show that people not only talk anti-government, but have acquired the equipment to act upon their communications.  

Dangerous stuff.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]
AR15.com is nothing like AssWeb.

AssWeb has a bunch of bitter hillbillies who are just itching for the next "revolution". Some of them, like Steve Anderson and Charlie Puckett have committed overt criminal acts to further their political views. That is why AssWeb draws the attention of The Feds.

When AR15.com members start ambushing cops like Steve Anderson did, or burglarizing grocery stores & jumping bail like Charlie Puckett did, then we will have to watch what we say here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#15]
All I can say is, WOW!

Of course, we don't know what was in the email that started it either.  That coupled with the fact that they have had members lose it and shoot at cops, on the run, etc.  

If they are doing this, there HAD to have been UC agents at the BRC.  I hope they had as much fun as I did, and maybe learned something in the process!
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
AR15.com is nothing like AssWeb.

AssWeb has a bunch of bitter hillbillies who are just itching for the next "revolution". Some of them, like Steve Anderson and Charlie Puckett have committed overt criminal acts to further their political views. That is why AssWeb draws the attention of The Feds.

When AR15.com members start ambushing cops like Steve Anderson did, or burglarizing grocery stores & jumping bail like Charlie Puckett did, then we will have to watch what we say here.
View Quote

I hope the federal government sees the same distinctions between the websites that you do.  But I'm not going to assume that they do.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I think people have a need to feel important... They're so important the govt spies on everything they do.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#18]
He stated that there was a "email" and not public posts or threads........

Yet, there is no commentary on why a private communication was intercepted by the FEDS.

The_Beer_Slayer may be correct.

Note that a email would (should) have no affiliation with AssWeb and it's other membors. The tone of this guy's post suggests that "all" are being watched.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmm , email from 1999 , most people don't realize most corporations archive all email ever sent through its servers . So if they got a search warrant today , they could legally request copies of ALL archived email sent by such and such . I also wouldn't trust the version of PGP sold by NAI (Can you say backdoor !) , I would download a copy of the free internatonal version of PGP .
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Might be a good idea to operate as if the information is TRUE...............  Ass Web - LOL !!

I received a strange email maybe three or four days ago about an 'IBF' comment I posted here on the board - my post contained no threat of violence or anything like that. I responded and then deleted the email.  Wish I hadn't.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I would download a copy of the free internatonal version of PGP .
View Quote

please tell me where i can get this.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Where is Blaze of Glory posting these days............................

Someone search assweb by user name I bet that guy talks about paintball shooting attack robots, somewhere...............
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Might be a good idea to operate as if the information is TRUE...............  Ass Web - LOL !!

I received a strange email maybe three or four days ago about an 'IBF' comment I posted here on the board - my post contained no threat of violence or anything like that. I responded and then deleted the email.  Wish I hadn't.
View Quote

I should have added that the email came from some person here posting on the same topic.
Don't know about you guys but getting an email regarding a casual post is unusual for me.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Does this mean the BATF knows I like strippers and strip clubs ?

I thought I saw someone who look unconfortable in there last week. Of course I just figured he was gay.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Let's assume the Assault Web posters are on the up and up. It would seem the Feds are turning their sights away from the non-resident, ethnic, potential terrorists and looking to hunt down "militia types" instead. What's up with that? How many non-US citizen Arab nationals belong to these sites anyway?

Why would they go and provoke people who are truly law abiding people by initiating this witch hunt? All they are going to accomplish is pissing off what would otherwise be their allies and brothers in arms. For one, I will stand with any man or woman against the true enemies of the state. But I will have less desire to do so if the Feds start harassing me in any way for simply owning legal firearms.

For the most part, I try to ignore the conspiracy theorist tinfoil hat types. But maybe these sorts of things are real after all. Hell, I couldn't tell you where the nearest militia group was located. I don't know a single person who belongs to such an organization. But if the Feds simply want to pigeon hole me as part of that group just because I legally own superior firepower, then I guess my attitude will probably start to change.

I do sincerely hope the Feds don't start probing around too heavily into the lives of law abiding citizens with their newly found (and surely to be short lived) amazing powers of observation. It's just going to trigger what everyone is afraid of and the true militia types will be standing there in all their hickness going "SEE!! WE TOLD YAWLL SO!"

Since I don't really frequent Assault Web, I have no direct observation to base any experiences upon. But for this site, 99.9% of the AR15.com members would seem to be true patriots who uphold the Constitution. Why would they want to turn us against them? When I was in grade school, these kinds of people were called instigators.

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was about to post the same link.  Yes you have the right to say whatever you want on these boards under the 1st amendment, etc etc..
View Quote

Within certain limits.....

Scott

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was about to post the same link.  Yes you have the right to say whatever you want on these boards under the 1st amendment, etc etc..
View Quote

Within certain limits.....

Scott

View Quote

Yep.  You can say whatever you want to say on these boards but you suffer consequences if you say the wrong things.

The 1st still affords no protection to those who scream FIRE in a crowded theater.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:16:43 PM EDT
[#28]
And, along with the "FIRE!" thing, you must abide by the forum rules. Which in the case of the linked forum, means being a member of their faith...

Scott

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:16:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 10:29:28 PM EDT
[#30]
There are more than 2 feds that not only monitor, but actively participate here and have been doing so for over a year now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 3:25:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There are more than 2 feds that not only monitor, but actively participate here and have been doing so for over a year now.
View Quote

The most controversial and subversive activity conducted here is the ongoing SteyrAUG vs. Don R. grim visaged war ! [}:D]

Seriously though...  
I'd venture to say that some of our members ARE fed.gov folks and are here simply because they happen to be firearms enthusiasts ! [:D]

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I love GW and Dick!
The FBI is the greatest!
Anything I can do for you guys you let me know.

"Oh beautiful for spacious skies..."

Listen,  I bought several nice suits, I own a black American car, and I wear sunglasses.  I think local police suck, and I have a handgun I don't know how to use.  Now where do I sign?

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#33]
YO! I wanna give a big shout out to all my federal homies! Big Props to Agent Jonkey in the great Silver State!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I registered, posted some, and replied to some threads there years ago(when AW was new).  The reality was, that it was often up, when other sites were often down.  I quickly began to regret registering there.  

Everyone has their own belief of what a SHTF scenerio is, and the probability of it happening.  These guys see armed conflict with government forces as a 100% probability.  I myself believe a SHTF scenerio is a very low probability (<1%), and if it happens, it will be more of an infastructure destroying natural disaster (totally not combat related).

Frankly, the feds would be dumb not to monitor that site.  I'm not making the call as to whether or not it's right or wrong, but logically, I totally see why they would inspect it.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:52:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I love GW and Dick!
The FBI is the greatest!
Anything I can do for you guys you let me know.

"Oh beautiful for spacious skies..."

Listen,  I bought several nice suits, I own a black American car, and I wear sunglasses.  I think local police suck, and I have a handgun I don't know how to use.  Now where do I sign?

[rolleyes]
View Quote

Yeah, yeah, yeah all that crap is nice but are ALL your suits blue and pin stripped, all your shirts white and all your ties look-alikes from some British regiment ??

"God bless J. Ed ger........"
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#36]
[shock]
You are being watch by a giant infrastructure that can not differentiate between good and bad words it is trolling all forms of communication all the time it never sleeps. It pulls words and name into database after database. All waiting for a human to enter a query. Then it will spit out the requested report. At this time data is so massive the GOV.or anybody else cant make a dent in most of it.
At this time it is like having a ocean full of data and a teaspoon is the only tool you have to get it out. The tools are changing, they now have a bucket, next is a 1000 gpm pump and so on.
Make no mistake, what you say in any medium is likely to be record somewhere. People in the communication business have know this for years.
[soapbox]

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Gunsnob, you're Killin me here![BEER]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

And they are? Don't leave us hanging, Mr. Freedom.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Do you guys really think the FBI has got time to send TWO Agents to go & interview some mope about e-mails from '99? They're up to their asses in alligators right now trying to get out of the mess they are in. Plus they are all working lots of overtime trying to root out the sleeper cells. Come on, use common sense (something not too common these days).There are only 11k Agents in the entire country. That is 1/3 the number of police officers in New York City !
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Paranoid fools, bummed out that they wasted their life savings on Y2K supplies, dreaming and hoping for a Government-sponsored SHTF scenario.
But alas! It never came to be.

So the fantasies begin....

"I'm onto the government's plans! They're out to get me because they fear that My Eloquent Internet Rants will unite all the bitter, lonely, divorced, 50 year-old, fat, mullet wearing, Cammie-wearing, Rambo-wannabes, everywhere!  Shhh! Here they come now!"[whacko]

They must feel very small and unimportant.  
It's sad.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:34:55 AM EDT
[#41]
I suspect we have some of those MIB guys monitoring us too, looking for alien activity...

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:39:51 AM EDT
[#42]
I had a call from the FBI 2 weeks ago, but it was a good one... They called my Bank and advised them that someone had accessed my credit card number and told them to stop the card and contact me... They found a hard drive that had mine and 400 more IDs in it... This was a great break for me... No false charges got through... All my experiences with them have been above board and positive...
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"I'm onto the government's plans! They're out to get me because they fear that My Eloquent Internet Rants will unite all the bitter, lonely, divorced, 50 year-old, fat, mullet wearing, Cammie-wearing, Rambo-wannabes, everywhere!  Shhh! Here they come now!"
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHA!  I can think of a few here that fit this description!

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:01:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Did anyone besides me get a weird email from Blaze of Glory?
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  Two BOG-O-Grams.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:04:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, got a B.O.G. o' gram today asking where I got the info on the Assaultweb/FBI incident. I have not responded.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd sure like to meet them. Over tea maybe?[stick]

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't buy it, not for a second.   Just another instance of internet anonimity, one dweeb trying to make like a dangerous character....Pure B.S....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top