Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 1:27:33 PM EDT
Saw this on Glock Talk and thought I'd share

[url]http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=783086#post783086[/url]

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard on the news that it passed out of committee today!

Woo hoo! You all deserve everything you get!

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 12:31:29 AM EDT
[#2]
So it made it to the ballot, or are you still facing a 2/3 vote in both houses?  Either way, if it passes, it'll then be the "next big thing" at the state level, since these things tend to drift east after they're passed in Kali.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:55:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems there'll be a big increase in mail order sales.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 4:46:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing this new tax windfall won't go towards fighting cancer or feeding the poor...

It will be used to help beat down that constitution that is giving Kalifornia so much trouble.

Just watch, your state may be next.

On guard in Florida! the gunshine state :-)
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 8:43:25 AM EDT
[#5]
It won't be on the ballot just yet.  First it has to pass some committee for constitutionality or whatnot, which reportedly would be a tough sell, then full assembly and senate votes, then onto the ballot.  There's still time, people.  Call your reps.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I want to send this to those that voted 'aye.'  Is this to the point?  Should I change something?  Should I start over and try it again?

It saddens me that you thought voted ‘aye’ on SCA 12 was a good idea.  Why is it you people up in Sacramento think it’s a good idea to tax all of us so much?  It’s getting to the point where I wonder why there is not a proposition or something to tax politicians because of stupidity…
Excluding the fact that this is nothing more than a blatant attempt to fix Davis’ failings as being Governor.  If this ends up passing the state will lose A LOT of money.  Not only because people will buy less ammunition in the state of California (no sales tax) but also because gun shops and ranges and other business’ that do not come to mind right now, will inevitably close because the bulk of their business comes from ammunition sales.  Thus even more lost revenue for you guys to waste on programs.  Or maybe was your attempt or reasoning at this all along?  In your mind you probably believe guns are evil, have a mind of their own and must be stopped…
Oh well, live and learn I guess.  Here is hoping your district grows a brain and votes you out when your term is up.  I only wonder what will happen once your obvious failings, as a State Senator becomes known...probably even more taxes.  Gotta keep that cycle of incompetence going and growing you right?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#7]
cgwahl -- I usually keep it simple and to the point: "I'm disappointed in your decision.  I vote.  I influence the votes of several other people.  You do the math."  Not exactly those words, but something along those lines.  I don't imagine reasoning with them is terribly productive.

But at least you're writing, which is more than I can say for most, considering the response this is getting...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top