Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2001 3:53:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice one there, ARs, FALs, all the same good to go gear. Have a Aussie L1A1 myself
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice rifle.  I love FALs myself.
[img]http://members.aol.com/writerrik/myhomepage/belgianfal.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine,  accurate and easy to maintain.

steady
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Paul; nice to see you found a new toy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats! I am sure you will enjoy it! I picked mine up at Bens and its probably the BEST decision on a rifle I have ever made!

Enjoy................
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Me too!

SAR-48 dressed up like a 50.64

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=691439&a=5036923&p=29406080&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]
My L1A1 Klinton Sporter hangs her head in "tattered rag shame"...

Then again, I LIKE my women just a little on the trashy side!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#10]
OH YES love those FAL's.
Paul, My brother just recieved DSA type two. Fantastic gun. His also has the two blemishes on the stock, Molding flash I would guess. I am seriously thinking of getting one after I build the Chilean FAL kit from the FAL files group kit buy, Seems to have been a pretty good deal
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 12:36:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I love mine. It's just a parts gun, had to work the kinks out. Alot of firepower in a compact package. Tricked mine out with syn. handguards,
hooded rear sight, bi-pod, muzzle brake, upgraded piston, DSA zero movement scope rail,
if I had a scanner I'd show you.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
FAL is a natural progession from AR. Once you've been bitten by the "black rifle bug", you're done for. Enjoy! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn, George, I would love to have a folder on my Belgian...just can't see myself paying $600 like most people want for the folder kit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I posted this as another topic.  Probably should have been here...Regarding the KLINTON SPORTER L1A1---

Anyone with experience with this model? I've got the IMBEL model and it works fine...
                    I was appalled at the stated refinish of the unit. I could scrape off the finish with my fingernail. SO--

I cleaned and painted it Rustoleum BBQ HighTemp black after carefully taping off the Thumbhole stock. I even painted the wooden
                    handguards and cured them in the oven (stunk up the house...)

I added a Hogue HandAll grip to the stock by carefully slicing and gluing it on where my hand fit it. Underneath that I used some
                    Permatex 2B gasket maker to cover the gap where the stock and grip mated.

I filed and sanded a notch in the left side handguard to access the cocking handle better.

I picked up a dust cover with a Weaver rail welded on it and mounted a Redfield 6X Tracker in Kwik-Site medium rings and Butler
                    Creek flip-ups.

I added the "comp" to the bbl.

It shot fine with the gas ring set at 5. About 3" or less at 100-yds. with or without the scope...no malfunctions.

Ripped off a full 20-round magazine once and the grease and paint were SMOKIN'! Cured the paint nicely.
                    I like this rifle and trust it, regardless of it's necessarily PC style.
                    I wasn't specific enough in my original post, so this edited version might be a little more informative------ I'll try posting pictures
                    someday.

For those of you that have one:
                    Did it shoot well as far a functioning?
                    What ammo worked best in yours?
                    What was the accuracy level at 100-yds.?
                    Did you scope it and what did you use?
                    Tell us about your experience with this rifle...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top