Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2002 5:32:34 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/694971/posts[/url]
And what makes "some" of these attacks unacceptable? It is not,
alas, the nature or the age of the targeted victims--civilians, oftentimes children. Rather, it is the age of the
perpetrators and the efficacy and extent of the murder. Cody paraphrased Ismail Abu Shenab, quaintly identified as a
"Hamas activist," to the effect that the attacks "should not be carried out by such young boys ... and should be planned
in a way that gives them a real chance of inflicting damage on Israel."
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
To me, attacks on civilian targets by either the Palestinians or the Israelis is unacceptable and does not further the cause of either side.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Post from 5subslr5 -
To me, attacks on civilian targets by either the Palestinians or the Israelis is unacceptable and does not further the cause of either side.
View Quote

Wow, [b]subsailor[/b], have you been keeping score on which side 'leads the league' in both deliberately and purposefully targeting the other side's civilians?

Hmmm?

So is it the 'pride of the West Bank' [b]Jenin Bombers[/b], coached by Y.askY. Arafat, or the home team, the IDF's [b]Blue Blitz[/b], headed by Gen. 'Arak' Sharon?

Eric The(IKnow,ButDoYou?)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

That's just how Arafat phrases it.

Whenever he condemns a suicide bombing, he always makes sure that he condemns the...
...attacks on civilian targets by either the Palestinians or the Israelis.
View Quote

...lumping them together, insinuating moral equivalence. Insinuating also that the Israelis "target" civilians, just as the PLO does.

You learn well, grasshopper.

(...an odd choice for a role model though, I must say.)

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

...and here's Arafat's statement:

by the Palestinian Authority:
"President Arafat and the Palestinian leadership express their condemnation of all terrorist actions which target civilians, Israeli or Palestinian, and terrorism, whether it be practiced by a state, groups or people.

"We reject violence and terrorism against civilians as a means of achieving political results,"
View Quote

5subslr5, has the PLO been FAXing you talking points again? [:)]

Link Posted: 6/5/2002 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Just finish tu read "The Wrath and the Pride" by Oriana Fallaci.
It has been wrote after 9-11 (she's living in New York now).
She has been in many places as journalist, and even if I cannot stand completely with her opinion, I agree 100% about what she thinks about Islam.
You should see what she's telling about Khomeini, Arafat, the Saudi's Royal Family  & Co.. And not by reading books: most of them she met for having interview!

Read... it's a very educative book, but it is not for nationalist head-buried people. It's for people that feels free to think and express opinions.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#7]
[:)]
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

by the Palestinian Authority:
"President Arafat and the Palestinian leadership express their condemnation of all terrorist actions which target civilians, Israeli or Palestinian, and terrorism, whether it be practiced by a state, groups or people.

"We reject violence and terrorism against civilians as a means of achieving political results,"
View Quote

View Quote

Nawww, heard the Israelis cut his phone lines and stole the fax machine.  All in the name of world peace of course.

Neither side wants peace.  Neither side believes it can afford peace.

With peace and a country the Palestinian leadership would have to make it work

With Peace how does Israel continue to extract roughly $5.3 Billion per year from the U.S. taxpayer ??

Nobody wants peace.  Excepting most of the people in Israel and the Palestinian Occupied Territories.
----------------------------------------------

The above $5.3 Billion does not include the bill from Israel to pay for their current attacks - $200 Million.
Nor the bill from the Palestinians for rebuilding their security forces and schools destroyed by the recent Israeli invasions - $15 million.

No, I'm not kidding.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just finish tu read "The Wrath and the Pride" by Oriana Fallaci.

....but it is not for nationalist head-buried people.
View Quote

HUN, no way am I going to let this attack on you go unnoticed !!

(Oriani Fallaci.......I wonder if this is 'THE' O. Fallaci that used to sleep with Hitlery Clinton....??)
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's 5subslr5:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Nawww, heard the Israelis cut his phone lines and stole the fax machine.  All in the name of world peace of course.

View Quote

Are you sure they didn't mail it to you, then?
Uncanny similarity, don't you think?

Many over there who want peace, also want war.
In this instance, they are not contradicting themselves.

In this situation, the path to peace is through war.
Only a decisive victory will allow there to be a lasting peace.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 9:51:16 AM EDT
[#11]
The screwup over the arrangements at the conclusion of WWI led to WWII. In these parts hatred flow down the generations. They remember feuds from centuries ago. They need to bypass the governments and open a dialog directly between the people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top