Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2002 11:21:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I was at the Green Acres Motel.

OK place. Curtains didn't keep any light out of the rooms, and I had the air on all weekend.

Real close to the Lodge and PASA.

I will be there next year!

Av.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I am staying here next year! The Heartland Lodge, right in the middle of it all!
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waverunner%2FHeartland%2DLodge%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I camped in a 5th wheel camper.  I plan on getting a room next year.  I knew that electric was not available and decided to bring a generator.  However, the generator I brought was not big enough to run the air...DOH!

However, I will add that camping by the lake was very nice!  It was great to get up in the morning and watch the ducks and fish jump on the lake.

medcop
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I stayed at the Ice House.  Thursday night I about froze my ass off.  I saw edpmedic the next day and he said he needed to wrap a towel around his head because he was freezing. LOL.

Anyway, the Ice House was nice but it was FAR away.  35 miles which was about 45minutes to 1 hour away.

If it is at the same place next year, not sure if I'll go or not.  I wish there were more places to stay which were closer.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The Ice House is superb, and Fran and Steve were awesome.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at Green Acres too - the room I had was kinda small, but not too bad. I wish the beds were more than 5.5 feet long though, me being 6 feet tall and all...
The location was GREAT - McDonalds, liquor store, and a very nice restaurant were all within easy walking distance. Pittsfield is a really nice little town. 15 minutes or so to the lodge, range, or PASA.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Wish I was licensed in AZ to help you, I think you have a good claim for yanking your contract and leaving you stranded (but in Michigan you would lose on the calling the cops thing, I helped in the defense of a business in a somewhat close fact pattern).
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I stayed in a guest house in Pleasant hill.  It was only a few miles from the Heartland lodge.  The house was old, but we had the whole house to ourselves, it was cheaper than a hotel room, and it was close.  We even had a gas grill that Xanadu made excellent use of.  Thanks again for the food Xanadu and FrankSquid.

7:
There were quite a few guest houses in Pleasant Hill.  You might want to consider that for next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top