Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2002 4:27:17 PM EDT
Thats right folks. A key plot device in the movie is only a stones throw away.. Well if I could toss it 20 miles. It would be a stones throw. SRS. Savannah River Site, back in 68 it was Savannah river plant. now its in cleanup mode. vitrifying waste into glass and stuffing it in the biggest dang beer bottle you could imagine being able to move with a semi. no longer producing weapons grade plutonium. nor do they have any left. all gone.

if you want more info on the place.
[url]www.srs.gov[/url]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
NOVA5,
I lived in Augusta from 1979-1987 and I'm familiar with the "Bomb Plant' as the locals say.

Any chance of 'ever' cleaning up the place ??
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
yep their workin on it now. have been for 8-10 years now. its moving along, as i here DWPF is online and workin good. how long cleanup will take? i dont know. but it is amusing that SRS made the movies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top