Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2002 3:25:26 PM EDT
This administration is looking more and more leftist by the day.

Ashcroft pledges to defend Brady law:
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/05/31/ashcroft.guns/[/url]

This, combined with Bush's spewing of "global warming" hogwash, is enough to make a guy puke [puke].

Anyone still think this loser will take our side in 2004?

Link Posted: 6/3/2002 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The Brady law requires background checks before individuals can purchase weapons. Ashcroft said that measure, and other federal firearm regulations now in place, are reasonable and he will continue to defend them, as he pledged to do in his Senate confirmation hearings.

Thursday, the Justice Department announced it would fight an effort by two District of Columbia men charged with firearms offenses to have their indictments dismissed because of the department's new stance on the Second Amendment.
View Quote

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void."

Link Posted: 6/3/2002 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Will he take our side in 2004?

ANSWER:  Don't count on it!

For posterity's sake I am now going to repost a reply recently about Republicans versus Democraps.  Here it is:

As a native New Yorker I've com eto the slow and painful realization that MANY Republicans are a bunch of gutless wonders or outright lying weasels! I voted for Reagan when I was 18 and kept voting Republican for the most part. We have a Governor named George Pataki who outright lied to the gun owners in NY when he campaigned the first time. Shortly after being elected he propsed the most draconian gun laws in the country. He got some of what he wanted because some Republican State Senators got a lot of heatr from us. But he tried to f*ck us outright! I can't wait to return that favor the next time I get into the voting booth!

Then we've got this new gutless wonder in the White House. He campaigned of a platform of a few things which were not negotiable: School choice-vouchers, opposing the currrently proposed campaign finance laws( aka anti-first amendment legislation), free trade, pro 2nd amendment just to name a few.

He refused to fight for eductaion reform in the way of school choice and then gave "his good friend" Teddy (the swimmer) Kennedy almost everything Teddy wanted. Teddy and those scumbag Democrats then launched a campaign of lied and deceit about his nominee to the 5th circuit court of appeals Judge Pickering. They destroyed this man's reputation publicly and killed the appointment in committee!

When will this moron realize he's dealing with jackals and savages? He wants to be liked and to get along with these scumbags?

Then there's the steel tariff. So much for free trade.

Now he's going to sign a bill that is blatantly UNCONSTITUTIONAL hoping that the Supreme court will sort it all out later on. Someone please look up this man's skirt and see if he's got a pair of balls, huh?

What next? If a majority of ignorant people in this country FEEL that more gun laws are needed what will GW Do? Judging by his track record so far he will fold like a cheap camera and sign onto such proposed legislation.

And then there's obviously no desire with the current administration or attorney general to get to the bottom of all the corruption of the scumbag Clintons and their band of liars and thieves. Just move on and brush it all under the rug, huh George?

And how about real immigration reform and border security? I guess right about now GW is doing "The Monica" for Presidente Vicente Fox!

We need a leader and not a pussy!

John F. (Long Island, NY)
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummm...considering that the NRA defends the Brady Law, I don't consider this any sort of real betrayal.  Yes, I will be voting for Bush in 04.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Bush is still on my s**t list for campaign finance reform with Benedict McCain.
Link Posted: 6/3/2002 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
our system of government doesn't work because our election system is flawed. We have to resort to dumb election tactics to vote for people we don't like just to keep people we don't like even more out of office. They should allow you to rank your choices. I refuse to vote Republican, they're even worse than the democrats. They're a bunch of lying weasels. They compromised all the biggest issues and they keep on trying to legislate morality. I think they're a bunch of closet authoritarians. The federal government blows, period. Why o why didn't the confederates win.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58119-2002Jun4.html[/url]

WASHINGTON –– President Bush dismissed on Tuesday a report put out by his administration warning that human activities are behind climate change that is having significant effects on the environment.
View Quote

What's going on here?

Link Posted: 6/4/2002 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
bush sure beats the alternative.
Link Posted: 6/4/2002 4:08:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

WASHINGTON –– President Bush dismissed on Tuesday a report put out by his administration warning that human activities are behind climate change that is having significant effects on the environment.
View Quote

What's going on here?
View Quote

"I read the report put out by the bureaucracy," Bush said dismissively Tuesday when asked about the EPA report, adding that he still opposes the Kyoto treaty.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top