Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2001 12:10:29 PM EDT
just watch this movie again. now the question is would you do anything different then heston did?  (ex: set-up your home some place else ect ect)
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I think I would have left the city for starters!
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Why leave the city with all that canned food and other crap right at hand? I would have found a better location with a better field of fire.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Think I would have courted the "Hot Little Momma" a little faster! [@:D][@:D][@:D]
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The only thing i remember is a bunch of white black folks and a S&W model 76 9mm Machine gun...Dick
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I would have taken over a large building  with steel doors. Remember the premis was that the night creatures would not use any technological tools.

So I would weld up the doors during the daylight hours, disable most of the elevators.

Get a big dump truck and load up with gravel and sand and then pour concrete in the stairwells.

Use a small Bobcat to pile up gravel and dirt and whatever agains t the inside of all the lower floors to prevent molitov cocktails.

Then with night vision gear up about ten floors spend my evenings around my own sniper range. After a while the need to reach out farthur would require larger calibur weapons!

Also teach myself to fly helicopters and then roadtrip till I found a gunship!

Then you could fly out of town on camping trips!

I could live alone just fine!

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Right on!

I would have gotten some NVG’s and a flame-thrower and got those f-ckers in their nest alien style.   Not to mention capturing the leader and making him watch TV until his head exploded.  I would also perform experiments on the other ghouls.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 9:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Right on!

I would have gotten some NVG’s and a flame-thrower and got those f-ckers in their nest alien style.   Not to mention capturing the leader and making him watch TV until his head exploded.  I would also perform experiments on the other ghouls.
View Quote

You are on the right track but I would have made a found a nice field of fire and set up my own sniper range.  The next step is turn some of those infected kids into suicide bombers.  The final thing I would do is keep 2 or 3 grenades on me a all times in case I was injured, then I would kill all those around kamikazi style.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I would dodge the javelin at the end of the movie and kill the ghouly bastard that threw it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#9]
"Hot Little Momma" has my vote. [@:D]

How many of you are old enough to remember when it first came out? I saw it as a kid when they were still using the old "M" rating system. That was before "R".

Horrible location. The kids up in the hills had a way better deal. Remember the M2 with the sandbags? Great position. By the way, I have never seen apartments like that in LA. Looked more like NYC.
Link Posted: 3/31/2001 2:24:01 AM EDT
[#10]
"How many of you are old enough to remember when it first came out?"

Me! Me!  Liked it then, like it now.

I believe I would have moved just far enough out of the city for safety and still been able to return for supplies.  Also would use more military vehicles for transportation.

Sooner or later, the available food supply would run out or spoil, and you would have to begin to grow your own.  Meat would be a problem, but I wonder if fish were affected by the Biowar scenario depicted.  It appears all air breathing life was killed, so plant life would suffer from lack of pollination by birds and insects.

Oh well, still a great movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top