Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 73
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
@Hesperus what part of Nevada are you in?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crapshoot:
@Hesperus what part of Nevada are you in?
View Quote

Reno area.

What's the old joke? Reno is so close to hell you can see Sparks?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Great joke and appreciate the laugh.
I'm close to hell since I'm in Vegas.  Wish i was closer and could be of some help.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#4]
@Hesperus

Thanks for making the effort to post and reaching out.  I am in the Reno area and will help out if I can.  Have you shopped for a replacement water heater - is the existing one gas or electric?  Is the water heater located in an accessible spot or someplace more difficult to access?

Most importantly, don't worry about other's "predictable" actions, especially when you are predicting to be disappointed by them.  You are only setting yourself up for further disappointment.  The only thing that you ultimately have control over is yourself.  Make a decision to do what you can to make today better than the day before, even if only marginally.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Rigmarole:
@Hesperus

Thanks for making the effort to post and reaching out.  I am in the Reno area and will help out if I can.  Have you shopped for a replacement water heater - is the existing one gas or electric?  Is the water heater located in an accessible spot or someplace more difficult to access?

Most importantly, don't worry about other's "predictable" actions, especially when you are predicting to be disappointed by them.  You are only setting yourself up for further disappointment.  The only thing that you ultimately have control over is yourself.  Make a decision to do what you can to make today better than the day before, even if only marginally.

View Quote

I believe it's electric. The spot it's in is fairly accessible.

Haven't shopped for a replacement because as I said. I have no way to pay for it.

As for the rest of what you said. I've been trying to improve myself, I really have. And I know the rest of that stuff. But I'm just exhausted with dealing with scummy behavior.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:48:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:

Haven't shopped for a replacement because as I said. I have no way to pay for it.

As for the rest of what you said. I've been trying to improve myself, I really have. And I know the rest of that stuff. But I'm just exhausted with dealing with scummy behavior.
View Quote
I'm here in Carson City, and I just did a water heater for my parents on Friday.  My sister, brother in law, and their kids were coming from Vegas to stay with my folks, and the WH took a dump.  I thrashed on it all afternoon, and got it done just as they pulled into the driveway, but then again, its not my first rodeo.  Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to pay for anyone's water heater right now, I laid myself off last March but continue working to keep my business and employee paid.  I can however supply tools, small parts that I have on hand (fittings), and labor if you or anyone else can procure a WH.  If you can post a pic of it, or message me and text if possible.  I can shop the local stores and see what they have in stock and how much it costs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:16:23 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
Im in Reno and can help out.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:00:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By arashi:
Im in Reno and can help out.  IM sent.
View Quote

That's terrific Sir! Thank you so much for helping someone in need

I am offering to send $200 towards replacement / repairs that you accrue. What would be more ideal is for someone more prominent here to request a go fund me from Stryker to get this Cat back on his feet. I have never contributed to any GFM's but there is always a 1st time and in this case it seems appropriate.

Maybe out of the fundz he gets pay the guy who replaces / repairs his water heater AND gas, etc. Then slowly pay off some bills to get your head in a much better place. I realize there are MANY folkz here that need financial assistance, well you CAN get some relief by inquiring with Stryker (sp) or another prominent member!

Why in the @!$^% is this service an option here but nobody uses it?

We ALL go thru difficulties we CAN eliminate these types of difficulties by helping thru checks to the member OR Go Fund Me etc.

Someone more educated get this program a-goin and active here. Case by case circumstances can be evaluated by Striker & Mod's?

I want it to begin right now with this member though! I have NEVER met him and live 2,000 miles or so away in Georgia (boo)! Someone request a go fund me to Stryker and gits it goin. I am simply too stupid to do this type of thang although i can sure push the correct button that says *Contribute* and send my $100 - $200 right away!

I am going to copy / paste these thoughts in the NV hometown forums in case someone local can get this going for this cat? Sometimes a little money can revive one's Spirit when thingz crush it

Please get it going? Thx...
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Agreed. If whomever is willing to do the labor would be willing to set up a GoFundMe, I'd be willing to kick in some to the coffers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd be willing to throw a few bucks in too. I'm not a rich many by any means but I've been able to keep my head above water. I'd like to help where I can.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:24:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in need of a teen counselor to talk to a depression case that has been found with cuts. Need a good contact for OKC area. Don't want to get much into it here, but I think a professional counselor psychiatrist will help.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#12]
what size water heater? If we can drum up the funds are there any arfcommer up north that can do the install?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 2:10:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#13]
Deactivated many of my social media profiles including all my dating ones. None of the women on them are actually interested, they're just wasting time. I hate this world of dating, it just makes me feel so awful. I'm just so tired of getting used, stood up,...etc. I get it, not everyone is going to be interested or sometimes they're going through weird shit themselves. Fine. But people seem to treat each other like objects. I want is to make someone else happy, I remember with my ex, as lying cheating and manipulative as she was there were moments of just pure happiness I saw in her. When I would surprise her, when I woudl leave her a little love note, when I got her a gift,  when she would look at me with a sparkle in her eyes and say something like "I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have you" That's all I want, out of a relationship. Why because it makes me feel important. It gives me purpose on earth. And when we all we see is pure shit on the news, making the world a better place for someone is a damn good thing.
I'm in search of that feeling again man, and I can't find it. I can't even get anywhere close to it. I don't know where else to go. I try to start small and just be nice to people randomly. Human interaction is still illegal in my area due to covid. Talking about to strangers  or trying to make conversation is like "mmmfpfpfm" 'mmmmffmm" "mmfpfpmmm" "mmmfpffmmm". And all these retards are like "dIs iS dA nEw nOrMaL!" So probably isn't going away any time soon.  So idk man, it's like I was using online to atleast have some potential at finding someone or atleast talk to people, but that shit makes me feel ever worse. So I guess I'm going back to not having any dating apps at all. I gotta get the fuck outta this area man.
It's late so that's probably playing into my mental state a bit too. Probably cringe at this post and delete it in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:14:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in for whatever I can afford to help out. When we get it figured out somebody shoot me a message in case I forget to check back in on this thread.

Originally Posted By 64tinc:
I'm in need of a teen counselor to talk to a depression case that has been found with cuts. Need a good contact for OKC area. Don't want to get much into it here, but I think a professional counselor psychiatrist will help.  Thanks.
View Quote

I can't help y'all out with a counselor, but I've been there, I hope you can find a better one than I did.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
Deactivated many of my social media profiles including all my dating ones. None of the women on them are actually interested, they're just wasting time. I hate this world of dating, it just makes me feel so awful. I'm just so tired of getting used, stood up,...etc. I get it, not everyone is going to be interested or sometimes they're going through weird shit themselves. Fine. But people seem to treat each other like objects. I want is to make someone else happy, I remember with my ex, as lying cheating and manipulative as she was there were moments of just pure happiness I saw in her. When I would surprise her, when I woudl leave her a little love note, when I got her a gift,  when she would look at me with a sparkle in her eyes and say something like "I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have you" That's all I want, out of a relationship. Why because it makes me feel important. It gives me purpose on earth. And when we all we see is pure shit on the news, making the world a better place for someone is a damn good thing.
I'm in search of that feeling again man, and I can't find it. I can't even get anywhere close to it. I don't know where else to go. I try to start small and just be nice to people randomly. Human interaction is still illegal in my area due to covid. Talking about to strangers  or trying to make conversation is like "mmmfpfpfm" 'mmmmffmm" "mmfpfpmmm" "mmmfpffmmm". And all these retards are like "dIs iS dA nEw nOrMaL!" So probably isn't going away any time soon.  So idk man, it's like I was using online to atleast have some potential at finding someone or atleast talk to people, but that shit makes me feel ever worse. So I guess I'm going back to not having any dating apps at all. I gotta get the fuck outta this area man.
It's late so that's probably playing into my mental state a bit too. Probably cringe at this post and delete it in the morning.
View Quote

I can totally relate and i share your frustration.  I’ve been divorced now for going on 3 years.  I’m going to join the MGTOW crew.  I’m just gonna live my life and find what makes ME happy and do it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By macro:
32 years (and about 15 hours) ago, Walter Kulkusky put a .22WMR revolver in his mouth, pulled the trigger, and ended his life. No one knew why. We still don't. He was my best friend, but not I, not his family, and not one other friend ever had a clue that he was hurting so bad that suicide was a realistic idea to him. Whatever it was that he perceived was so bad in his life that at the age of 16, that morning he decided that things had gotten so fucked up that his only way out was to put a bullet through the palate of his mouth, through his brain, and out the top of his skull.

Why do I share this story tonight?

A couple of reasons.

First, they say that time heals all wounds.
Yeah...not really. This all happened over 3 decades ago, and I can still replay every minute of that day in my head like a movie I've seen a thousand times. I can recite the lines, feel the emotions, see his face, and feel the sting when I got the news that the cops found his body slumped over on the ground under a nearby pine tree. You may not think so, but people like you (I suspect maybe a few even love you). They will never get over it if you choose to take this route. If those people mean anything at all, think about that.

Another thought: You are hurting. Bad. You don't see a way out. Maybe (probably) you don't think there even is a way out. Meanwhile, I would bet that many folks who CAN HELP YOU don't even know what you are going through. No matter what you are involved in, HELP IS AVAILABLE. Tell someone what the fuck is going through your mind. It's not weak to ask for help. Frankly, it's fucking stupid and weak not to.

I don't see the world through rose colored lenses. I haven't in about 32 years. The world has the capacity to be a cruel, evil, fucked up place. There is a lot of darkness in this life. I've experienced it...it's real. That said...play the game to win. You can't win if you quit the game.

You can call me a boomer (I'm not) but the older I get, the more I value life, and the more I see how shortsighted I was in my younger years. I can't count how many times I felt I was stuck in some insurmountable dilemma, with no way out. I've seen it all: substance abuse, crippling debt, broken families, on the run from people...I've been around some pretty destitute folks, and let's be honest...I was the company I kept.

There was ALWAYS A WAY OUT.

Look, I don't know what you are going through, and I won't pretend to. I'm not you, and you aren't me. I'll never say, "I know how you feel", because that is bullshit. Only you know what is happening between your ears. That said, I know for a fact that whatever you are involved in can be resolved without you cashing your chips out tonight. I know that from experience, and I promise you that it is truth.

Bottom line, tell someone what is going on. You might be surprised not only how much someone else might care, but how resourceful they can be in helping you resolve whatever your trouble is. Got no one? Send me a PM or an email. Yeah, I'm a total stranger. So what? I can assure you that I give a shit, and maybe that's enough. There is nothing you are involved in that can't be dealt with.

Walter never even got the opportunity to see the world through adult eyes. He had no perspective. He chose a path that led him down a one-way, dead-end street. Somewhere...on the other side...he remains at the end of that street...alone...forever.

Don't be Walter.

View Quote

Another year...another 4/25....and still nothing has changed.
I sit here today...as stunned as I ever have been. Not in some crippled way...but rather in the absolutely knowledge that I will never know what he was thinking, or what demons he was struggling with. It became obvious to me a long time ago, that no matter how long I live, I will never resolve the conflict that was born that day. This will live with me forever.

I try hard to not ever tell another man how to live their life. Every man is entitled to his opinions and decisions.
The hardest thing we face as men is struggling with our own demons.
I can fight a thousand men, and climb a thousand mountains...those are just obstacles.
Its much tougher to fight what I feel deep in my heart and know in my mind.
Still, there is no victory sweeter than beating our own demons at their own game.

Today I will make some decisions that have a certain finality to them.
It is time for some things to come to an end today.
Today I will find renewed strength...born of the rage I've harbored for 33 years...and I will put that anger toward a positive outcome.

Don't give up today.
Fight.
Win.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Joh2900] [#17]
Anyone got the magic pill?

1/2 gallon deep and fucked
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:09:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#18]
Originally Posted By Joh2900:
Anyone got the magic pill?

1/2 gallon deep and fucked
View Quote

There is no magic pill, but there are ways to make life much easier in this world.

You have a big problem if you're shitfaced the night before you enter rehab.

Give yourself up to the program 100%. Do not stray from the commitment.

ETA the Joh2900 post is 2 nights before entering rehab.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doty_soty] [#19]
I figure lots of people post here then never update. It’s been a few months since what was easily the darkest part of my life. Things got close, like way too close, twice during that time. People reaching out to me are what saved me both times, and neither time it was solicited or expected. Last second type of timing too. I’m not a religious person, but I don’t know what to make of that either.

I never knew I could hurt that much and survive. I almost didn’t. It still comes and goes sometimes, but it’s easily manageable now. Anyway, several of you reached out to me during that time, and I’m sure several more had me in your thoughts and prayers. You helped me more than you know, and I’m in your debts. Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been working a lot of hours, so money is finally not an issue. I rather like my job. I certainly can't think of anything else I could do for a paycheck.

Hope you guys are holding up Okay. Warmer weather is here, or almost here. Being outdoors more often can sometimes help "people like us".

I don't know any way to deal with my loneliness and angriness other than to consume great amounts of beer and buffalo chicken wraps.

My two best friends have gone in the past year.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I know a couple who had a group of friends that they went and did things with. 10 of them. Over the last 10 years, eight have died. Only the couple remain.

And that sucks.

Losing your two best friends sucks.

There is a lot of suckage in this life. But there is a lot of good and positive, too.
It's there - if you look.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
I figure lots of people post here then never update. It’s been a few months since what was easily the darkest part of my life. Things got close, like way too close, twice during that time. People reaching out to me are what saved me both times, and neither time it was solicited or expected. Last second type of timing too. I’m not a religious person, but I don’t know what to make of that either.

I never knew I could hurt that much and survive. I almost didn’t. It still comes and goes sometimes, but it’s easily manageable now. Anyway, several of you reached out to me during that time, and I’m sure several more had me in your thoughts and prayers. You helped me more than you know, and I’m in your debts. Thank you.
View Quote

What saved you is you reaching out and, ultimately, not pulling the trigger. That takes courage.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#23]
Was able to scrape together the cash for a new water heater and Arashi helped install it. About $480 worth of parts.

The old heater was really really old and there was extensive corrosion and some pipe sections had to be replaced but my garage is no longer filling up with water.

One of humanities biggest problems is that when things happen, good or bad. Our reactions tend to be of the default mode. We do not approach our own lives with the degree of consciousness that we are capable of. I know I have been trying to manifest more consciousness in my own life but it is surprisingly difficult.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Was able to scrape together the cash for a new water heater and Arashi helped install it. About $480 worth of parts.

The old heater was really really old and there was extensive corrosion and some pipe sections had to be replaced but my garage is no longer filling up with water.

One of humanities biggest problems is that when things happen, good or bad. Our reactions tend to be of the default mode. We do not approach our own lives with the degree of consciousness that we are capable of. I know I have been trying to manifest more consciousness in my own life but it is surprisingly difficult.
View Quote
Truer words do not exist. You are absolutely spot on. Being able to see situations for what they really are is a blessing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 6:01:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BornToLooze] [#25]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
I figure lots of people post here then never update.
View Quote

I've wanted to post in here with an update for long time.

A couple months ago I saw a thing on reddit talking about suicide and it hit me pretty hard. I've been having a hard time dealing with my stuff, but what they said...I've been contemplating suicide, and I've thought hard about it. But people look at that the wrong way, it's not that I want to die, I just don't want to live this life anymore.

I took all the the self loathing and people telling me I wouldn't amount to shit, bottled it up until the hate kept me warm at night, and today I earned a certificate of completion from the college stuff I signed up for. The one I got today is some bullshit intro course, but some people are starting to realize I'm not as stupid as I seem
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Two days ago I re-upped my membership. I hit bronze instead of gold. Sent an email to staff that I made the mistake and could I kick in the difference and get the gold. I got an email back today that it was taken care of, no dime on me, but if I felt like paying it forward.........This seems as good a place to dogpile as any.

@Hesperus .......... Log out and log back in.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 0llll0:

Two days ago I re-upped my membership. I hit bronze instead of gold. Sent an email to staff that I made the mistake and could I kick in the difference and get the gold. I got an email back today that it was taken care of, no dime on me, but if I felt like paying it forward.........This seems as good a place to dogpile as any.

@Hesperus .......... Log out and log back in.
View Quote

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been away for a while, but the perpetual thread goes on.

I'm not doing too horribly, I'm still on the green side of the grass. I've learned to walk on my prosthetic pretty good, the cirrhosis is in stasis. I'm just healing and gaining strength. Spending 18 months out of the past 3 years hospitalized has really taken a lot out of me. I doubt I'll ever be fully recovered.

Keep your chins up!
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By edb66:
I've been away for a while, but the perpetual thread goes on.

I'm not doing too horribly, I'm still on the green side of the grass. I've learned to walk on my prosthetic pretty good, the cirrhosis is in stasis. I'm just healing and gaining strength. Spending 18 months out of the past 3 years hospitalized has really taken a lot out of me. I doubt I'll ever be fully recovered.

Keep your chins up!
View Quote

Good to see you back!

Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#30]
as someone who struggles with this almost daily,  it's hard when I lose friends near to me to this.  My next door neighbor and friend ended his life Tuesday.  We buried him Saturday, and I sat with his wife and 4 kids in church on Sunday.  

the aftermath of these is so difficult to watch. I get angry at him for leaving this family and all they are going through, but I'm also jealous in a way.....the pain....stops.    I hope he found the peace he needs,  and hope this little family survives this.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:00:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
as someone who struggles with this almost daily,  it's hard when I lose friends near to me to this.  My next door neighbor and friend ended his life Tuesday.  We buried him Saturday, and I sat with his wife and 4 kids in church on Sunday.  

the aftermath of these is so difficult to watch. I get angry at him for leaving this family and all they are going through, but I'm also jealous in a way.....the pain....stops.    I hope he found the peace he needs,  and hope this little family survives this.  
View Quote

Tragic. Process it, help others process it, and have faith the pain will pass. That is all we can do.

It's so messed up. These things don't need to happen
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I haven’t been on in a few weeks. Working and loving my kids and trying to slowly get my house in order. Posted on GD, trying to get a mortgage so I can buy out the ex’s 50% so the house and land is all mine.  She’s in between contracts (travel nurse) and her landlord gave her notice they’re selling her house so she’s really pestering me hard to immediately get a loan and pay her.

Lotta stress.

We had a huge fight over the phone the other night, and she’s coming today to pick up the last of her stuff and get the kids for their week with her. I just hate the conflict.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Jesper Kyd - Tour of Venice
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 3:39:44 PM EDT
[#34]
For those who struggled with motivation direction or purpose what did you do
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TommyOneNote:
View Quote

Start by setting one achievable short term goal, and complete it. Then another, and so on. Your first goal can be something as simple as cleaning the bathroom.

Are you working?
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I wish i had any kind of an answer to that.  I’m extremely lost.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:36:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#37]
Originally Posted By Jus228:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah same here.

Taking Action is a Crucial Part of Manifestation by Teal Swan

Carl Jung's Method of Self-Development - The Path of Individuation

I keep getting this message from a variety of very different sources. But I've never had much in the way of motivation.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Well you gotta start by asking yourself what do you want out of life? Or atleast who do you want to be? As Arnold would say "not what but who?". And that's a tough question to answer to be honest.
At the same time, Peterson said aim for the highest possible point and work towards that.
STUMBLE TOWARDS THE LIGHT - Powerful Motivational Video | Jordan Peterson

I remember I used to train people and they would say stuff like "oh I can't run, I'm not a runner". Which is a bullshit lie, because everyone can run say 100ft. Cool today guess what we're going to do today? We're going to run 100ft. Then tomorrow 150ft then the next day 200ft........then 1000ft. Then .25 mile. Then a mile, then next thing you know is you're doing 5ks.
So the point is start small man. Start extremely small. Wouldn't a little more organization be better? Everyone could use more of that. Start making your bed, cleaning up a few things. Felt good didn't it? Great now lets take a look at that resume, lets clean up that. And during this process, it's a building process but it's also such a self discovery process. You learn where you want to go by moving.
And if there's nothing more you have 86000 seconds in the day. 86000 seconds for good or negative influences to rub off on you. So lets say you spend an hour in your car every day. Put on a podcast by someone you admire, Jocko, Peterson, you pick the person. Even if it's not active learning, it's passive learning. It's like osmosis.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Wish me luck, guys...I have 3 interviews in the next 2 days.  2 of them i am excited about.  Both small precision manufacturers, I know for a fact one of them makes gun parts, the other I have a hunch does as well.  Both of those I want to get back into CNC machining.  I did that (although with wood) at Ruger in another life.  

This would give me a huge boost in confidence...Lord knows I need it.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By wtfboombrb:

Start by setting one achievable short term goal, and complete it. Then another, and so on. Your first goal can be something as simple as cleaning the bathroom.

Are you working?
View Quote

Not working, cant find a job.
You're probably right about baby steps, thank you
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#41]

Well you gotta start by asking yourself what do you want out of life? Or atleast who do you want to be? As Arnold would say "not what but who?". And that's a tough question to answer to be honest.
At the same time, Peterson said aim for the highest possible point and work towards that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrIrZRd0pGE
I remember I used to train people and they would say stuff like "oh I can't run, I'm not a runner". Which is a bullshit lie, because everyone can run say 100ft. Cool today guess what we're going to do today? We're going to run 100ft. Then tomorrow 150ft then the next day 200ft........then 1000ft. Then .25 mile. Then a mile, then next thing you know is you're doing 5ks.
So the point is start small man. Start extremely small. Wouldn't a little more organization be better? Everyone could use more of that. Start making your bed, cleaning up a few things. Felt good didn't it? Great now lets take a look at that resume, lets clean up that. And during this process, it's a building process but it's also such a self discovery process. You learn where you want to go by moving.
And if there's nothing more you have 86000 seconds in the day. 86000 seconds for good or negative influences to rub off on you. So lets say you spend an hour in your car every day. Put on a podcast by someone you admire, Jocko, Peterson, you pick the person. Even if it's not active learning, it's passive learning. It's like osmosis.
View Quote

Everything feels like a huge lift
I think too much I guess, but you're right, Thank you
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Wish me luck, guys...I have 3 interviews in the next 2 days.  2 of them i am excited about.  Both small precision manufacturers, I know for a fact one of them makes gun parts, the other I have a hunch does as well.  Both of those I want to get back into CNC machining.  I did that (although with wood) at Ruger in another life.  

View Quote

Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Here's wishing you good luck! Hope you get the best job for you!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Everything feels like a huge lift
I think too much I guess, but you're right, Thank you
View Quote

Don't be afraid to even be a bit childish in rewarding yourself. A pint of ice cream? A nice steak dinner? What about a range day(because we'll, were in a gun forum, I'm pretty sure we all like guns) Who wouldn't want that? Great so if you do X reward yourself with Y. Sure it's a bit simple or even juvenile. But it's something and something is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#45]
I've posted in here about all the bullshit I have going on in my head, but I've gotten that pretty much leveled out by this point. It all came to a point last October when my job got bought out, and then I got layed off because of my "possible covid case" when the doc lost my covid test results so I couldn't go back to work (the fact that part of the buyout was we all kept the same pay, and I got paid twice as much as they do had NO effect on that), so they layed me off. It was nice at first, a little extended vacation and them paying me unemployment was screwing them like they screwed me. But I was so bitter over that, my drinking got to the point where I had to stop or it was going to kill me, and I've stayed soberish since about April.

I don't know how many more X has viewed you application and then nothing I can take. At lest if I was bombing interviews I would know what I was doing wrong.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#46]
I’m usually not one to talk to others about the issues in my head, but now I am a bit scared of myself.

Over the last few days I have had incessant intrusive thoughts, violent ones. I guess it started when I was watching the interrogation of this Asian chick Jennifer. For some reason the thought came into my head that if someone who seemed normal like her could be a killer, could I?

I couldn't sleep and that thought seemed to consume me, and the more I tried to sleep and push that thought away the more I worried and couldn’t sleep.

I’m worried that there is a monster in me, and it has been a few days since this has occurred and I’m still disturbed by the line of thought that I was capable of. I was so disturbed by it that night that the thought occurred to me that if I am that sort of monster, I should stop myself from eventually becoming it.

It’s not so bad now that I have had some time, but i still feel deeply disturbed by what my brain was doing, hence why I am here seeking some insight.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:48:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#47]
I haven't slept well in about 4 days now. Running on about 2-3 hours of sleep a night. I work so much that even when I try to relax my minds still on the topic. And when I push myself to try to meet a deadline it's extremely difficult to go from 100mph to 0mph. This would be an unhealthy balance. I've done better at maintaining my balance but obviously not in the last few days.
The lack my ability to fall asleep has screwed with my head a bit. Thoughts become darker, the judgements, decisions and conclusions are depressive. And I'm writing this out to remind myself this is just temporary.
Get your sleep in. You mind will thank you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#48]
I haven't slept well in about 4 days now. Running on about 2-3 hours of sleep a night. I work so much that even when I try to relax my minds still on the topic. And when I push myself to try to meet a deadline it's extremely difficult to go from 100mph to 0mph. This would be an unhealthy balance. I've done better at maintaining my balance but obviously not in the last few days.
The lack my ability to fall asleep has screwed with my head a bit. Thoughts become darker, the judgements, decisions and conclusions are depressive. And I'm writing this out to remind myself this is just temporary.
Get your sleep in. You mind will thank you.
View Quote

Not many people realize how true this is, I think you and I are in the same boat. If you feel like talking and maybe getting an idea of how others are trying to cope with a similar problem feel free to reach out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sarge1400] [#49]
deleted
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Ouch. Slow down, and take a deep breath. As long as you're on this side of the grass, things can get better.

I don't have any good advice for the relationship problems or anger problems. I'm certain that someone will be along soon who does. As far as the financial problems go, I'd brush off your resume and start looking for a new job ASAP. Being broke sucks, and it feels like it will never end, but if you keep at it, and are smart about it, you'll start finding that you are a little less broke. If you keep at it long enough, eventually those financial problems will just be a bad memory.

Don't do anything stupid. Things can change for the better if you're still around to make those changes.
Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top