BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 73
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
I’ve posted my issues in Team with dealing with an alcoholic gf who is pregnant. I’m at a loss on what to do. We have a two year old. Her parents enable her by thinking they can fix it themselves. She needs professional help.

My new job is going well but we are in the slow season. It’ll pick back up this late winter early spring.

I’ve been in a depression funk for the last week or two. Deciding on what to do with my situation with my gf. My only choice right now is to move back to my parents at 38 to get some debt paid down then get into my own place by next year. But moving back in with my parents at 38 makes me feel like a loser.

Yesterday I laid in bed all day. Didn’t get up until 3:30pm.

Today I forced myself to get up. Got up at 7, got ready and dropped my two year old off at the gf’s aunts/grandmas house for the day. Went and got my x Ray done this morning that I put off, went to work and did a few things that I needed to do. Came out to my parents so my dad and I can get the boat pulled out of the water and get it up for sale.

I took my vitamins, ate breakfast and have been staying hydrated today. I feel 100% better than I did yesterday. But I’m still a little down with the amount of stress I have.

I have been blessed all my life. I was a spoiled little shit and I probably still am a little. My ass just needs to get in gear and I think I’m starting to do that so I’m not sitting in this slump.

I’m taking things day by day and I know things will get better.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 6:36:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#2]
Originally Posted By DstryrOfWrlds:

Sorry for your loss.

Maybe bypass the alcohol tonight and just hold the Mrs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FLshooter84:
I'm in a rough spot in life. Not like a lot of you here have been through but I've never felt this sort of pain in my entire life.

My wife and I just came home from the hospital. She delivered our stillborn son last night at 10:30. We are both an emotional wreck. Where would be the first place to go to ask for help?

My wife says to go see my primary care doctor as I have other issues popping up like high blood pressure stage two hypertension. HBP is probably brought on by this situation along with all thebother things in my daily life. I can see myself hitting the alcohol pretty hard tonight. I just don't know what to do.

Sorry for your loss.

Good advice.

Wish I could give you a hug, FLshooter84.

Link Posted: 10/27/2020 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Sorry for your loss.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I'm in a rough spot in life. Not like a lot of you here have been through but I've never felt this sort of pain in my entire life.

My wife and I just came home from the hospital. She delivered our stillborn son last night at 10:30. We are both an emotional wreck. Where would be the first place to go to ask for help?

My wife says to go see my primary care doctor as I have other issues popping up like high blood pressure stage two hypertension. HBP is probably brought on by this situation along with all thebother things in my daily life. I can see myself hitting the alcohol pretty hard tonight. I just don't know what to do.

Sorry for your loss.

I strongly agree. Alcohol won't make it better. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your loss, FLshooter84.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone in Nevada put eyes on PaladinM1911 ? He started a thread about burnout caused by caregiving an elderly parent, and the overtones in his OP were very concerning and seemed to be veiled threats of self-harm. I don't know the dude from Adam but someone who's geographically or interpersonally close to him should please reach out to him.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

So very sorry for your loss. The alcohol won't help and your wife needs you now more than ever.

@FLshooter84, where in FL are you located? DM me if you want to.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I know the alcohol won't help any but it sure does keep the edge off. I held my wife last night and we looked at pictures of our boy till we fell asleep. We got to spend 17.5 hours with him.

I'm in Clearwater.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I know the alcohol won't help any but it sure does keep the edge off. I held my wife last night and we looked at pictures of our boy till we fell asleep. We got to spend 17.5 hours with him.

I'm in Clearwater.
View Quote

It can seem to do that. I'm about 3 HRS from you. If you or the wife need anything, please please let me know.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 6:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jus228] [#9]
I’m applying for a different job within my company that i think i might enjoy a lot more than what i currently do.  Wish me luck guys???  
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jus228:
I’m applying for a different job within my company that i think i might enjoy a lot more than what i currently do.  Wish me luck guys???  
View Quote

You can do it!

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Good luck, Jus228.
It was my last day at my current job. Start another Monday. Still not up to the pay level I lost back in May.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 12:53:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I probably need this more than u know
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#14]
What's going on?
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:52:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittleBigDog] [#15]

View Quote

I'm sorry for your wife's and your loss. My mom used to talk about how hard it was on her when she had a miscarriage. She had more than one. But my parents ended up having my sister and I so they felt blessed. Primary care physicians can do a lot. The one I see now is the one currently prescribing my anti depressant. She can probably recommended someone for mental health help. Definitely focus on your health issues and get those under control so you can be there a long time for your future kiddies (and any current kiddies if you have them...and your wife). God bless you guys.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I think I'm ready for some medication. Not feeling good lately and I'm pretty miserable. Kinda hard to describe it all or put my thoughts and feelings into words that make sense.

Lost my wife just over a year ago after a nearly three year battle with cancer. Too many thoughts or regrets with that, I did the best I could but always tell myself I could have done better. Too late now she's gone so no sense beating myself up over it. I got into a bereavement group about four months out and it was helpful, especially the social events. Then covid hit and fucked that up.

Two things beside the grief that mess me up are lower back pain that flares up and I contracted c difficile sometime over the past year or so. I got diagnosed in August after walking around with it for possibly a year or more. It didn't present as a severe case so myself or the doctor never suspected it. And with covid preventing dr visits it took me that much longer to get diagnosed.

I'm trying to get better, mentally, emotionally and physically. But it's an uphill battle. I feel like everything is wrong, and everytime I try to improve my life and do something positive there's a roadblock. The depression just kinda envelopes you and doesn't let you go. I wanna wake up positive and get moving but I can't.

Now winter is setting in again, it's getting cold and daylight savings time starts in a few days. It'll be dark earlier just adding to my depression. Oddly enough this time last year I was alone  in the house, the kids were away at college and I preferred it. When I'm alone I can be myself and do whatever I want in the house without being concerned if they're home.

Work is a double edged sword, good sometimes and miserable other times. I could walk away tomorrow and start collecting a pension but I will be shorting myself about $15k a year if I don't stay another year.

I'm in a rut and I gotta get out. As far as faith I used to profess my faith in Christ, now I just call out to him at night in distress and question it all. I wish I could make it all go away.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Turnkey:
I think I'm ready for some medication. Not feeling good lately and I'm pretty miserable. Kinda hard to describe it all or put my thoughts and feelings into words that make sense.

Lost my wife just over a year ago after a nearly three year battle with cancer. Too many thoughts or regrets with that, I did the best I could but always tell myself I could have done better. Too late now she's gone so no sense beating myself up over it. I got into a bereavement group about four months out and it was helpful, especially the social events. Then covid hit and fucked that up.

Two things beside the grief that mess me up are lower back pain that flares up and I contracted c difficile sometime over the past year or so. I got diagnosed in August after walking around with it for possibly a year or more. It didn't present as a severe case so myself or the doctor never suspected it. And with covid preventing dr visits it took me that much longer to get diagnosed.

I'm trying to get better, mentally, emotionally and physically. But it's an uphill battle. I feel like everything is wrong, and everytime I try to improve my life and do something positive there's a roadblock. The depression just kinda envelopes you and doesn't let you go. I wanna wake up positive and get moving but I can't.

Now winter is setting in again, it's getting cold and daylight savings time starts in a few days. It'll be dark earlier just adding to my depression. Oddly enough this time last year I was alone  in the house, the kids were away at college and I preferred it. When I'm alone I can be myself and do whatever I want in the house without being concerned if they're home.

Work is a double edged sword, good sometimes and miserable other times. I could walk away tomorrow and start collecting a pension but I will be shorting myself about $15k a year if I don't stay another year.

I'm in a rut and I gotta get out. As far as faith I used to profess my faith in Christ, now I just call out to him at night in distress and question it all. I wish I could make it all go away.
View Quote

Sorry for your loss.
FUCK CANCER (it took my Dad as well).

Are the kids nearby?
Grand kids? They keep my life pretty interesting.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 7:20:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turnkey] [#18]

Sorry for your loss.
FUCK CANCER (it took my Dad as well).

Are the kids nearby?
Grand kids? They keep my life pretty interesting.
View Quote
Cancer has taken a lot from me personally, my mom, an aunt and few friends. This past year was my dog in July, my wife in Oct, my dad this past valentine's day ( not cancer ) and two friend's wives in April and June one of which was my wife's childhood friend.

My boys are home, 22yo twins. ( 27yo daughter in Colorado ) They're good kids, I should consider myself blessed but the apathy just makes me not give a shit and I honestly don't want to live with them. That may sound messed up but I'd rather live by myself.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Is there a team thread for this shit? I'm in bad shape boys
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#20]
@endofdays

IM sent
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#21]
You could start your own thread in team. This thread seems to be pretty safe from the nonsense that GD is known for though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 9:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#22]
Originally Posted By endofdays:
Is there a team thread for this shit? I'm in bad shape boys
View Quote

@endofdays

Hey brother, start a thread in Team. Do it right now please.

Another IM sent your way. Call.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Think I'm done.  Thanks guys
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By endofdays:
Think I'm done.  Thanks guys
View Quote
Don't do anything stupid. Please reach out!
@endofdays
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#25]
Thanks guys but I'm fucking out. I did send Dk-prof a message earlier today ... but it doesn't matter anymore
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Don't let her win.
Link Posted: 10/29/2020 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 12:46:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#28]

- CoC edit -
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Can someone give me a call? I can PM my cell phone #.

I am not thinking about doing anything stupid but just need to talk.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By F15Mech:
Can someone give me a call? I can PM my cell phone #.

I am not thinking about doing anything stupid but just need to talk.
View Quote

@F15Mech, did anyone call you?
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got off phone with a member thanks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#32]
I had a fight with her this morning.

I hate looking in the mirror every day and blaming myself.

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Politics are destroying our country.  I can’t escape it anywhere.  Friends and coworkers happily voting for people that will destroy our way of life, and i can’t ignore what their actions do to affect MY life and theirs.  It makes me want nothing to do with them.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RevolverRO:
I had a fight with her this morning.

I hate looking in the mirror every day and blaming myself.

View Quote

Apologize to, and ask forgiveness from, those you hurt. Doing that a number of times may help break the habit.

Take care of yourself. Good nutrition, get exercise, practice good hygiene, and do more of the things you do well.

When one of the unwanted thoughts or emotions come up, tell it no way, not today, not ever. Of course they will come back, but keep on throwing them out. They will decline over time.

Stay busy. One of the simple ways of doing this is to decorate your space how you like. Come up with ideas and constantly improve upon it. In that vein, look for small tasks or chores you can complete quickly. They're small, but they're successes.

It may be cliche', but work on living for today. Breaking it down further, live in the moment. Meditation helps with this. Turn off the devices andblights. Lie on the floor and relax. Concentrate on what your breathing feels like. Feel the floor touching you. If it's not pitch black in the house, look around and notice every detail within your line of sight.

Tomorrow has its own troubles, concentrate on working with today. Forget about yesterday; it's gone. Say goodbye to each day as you get into bed.

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Politics are destroying our country.  I can’t escape it anywhere.  Friends and coworkers happily voting for people that will destroy our way of life, and i can’t ignore what their actions do to affect MY life and theirs.  It makes me want nothing to do with them.  
View Quote

Then have nothing to do with them. Problem solved!

I'm not joking.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I’d have to move to another part of the fucking country to avoid dealing with these people...so therefore I’m stuck where i am dealing with these fucking idiots on a daily basis whether i like it or not.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I spent about two hours on the phone with my sister in law this morning, crying my eyes out.  I had brought up the idea of counseling to my ex, not for a reconciliation but to find a way for us to deal with each other (especially regarding the kids) without fighting. I feel like I’m drowning. She flat out refused.

All I want to do is go to sleep and never wake up. I hate being alone, I hate missing someone who threw me away and replaced me and doesn’t give a fuck about me. When I got attacked last week I sat in the parking lot of the ER and shook like a leaf and called her. I just wanted to hear her voice. She doesn’t care. Tinder guy is her whole world.

Sister in law knows about my suicide attempts. She wants me to drive out to Pax River and stay with her and her husband for a week, they’re really worried about me. I could maybe do a three day visit, I can’t use any PTO for ninety days, can’t take any vacation until I finish my probationary period. I walked out to a tree stand and filled a feeder today, all I could think of was if I killed myself id have to do it when my kids were at their moms so they wouldn’t be the ones to find me.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon] [#38]
Even though everybody thinks I'm a troll, my wife actually did leave me, and I have to admit she was right about a lot of things. She was definitely right about how much I would miss her and how lonely I would feel. It sucks because I keep trying to get her off my mind but I still love her. I haven't gotten laid in a couple months so that's not really helping my depression right now. I've been killing myself drinking and smoking too much cigarettes, it's getting out of control. I met a new woman and she invited me over her place. I don't know if I was interested in anything more than just sex, but I completely blew it. I pretty much told her that her cooking smelled like shit and accused her of being drunk. Real smooth, but she didn't let me know she was cooking and it did smell like someone threw up in there and she was obviously drunk, I was a bit too or I would've never been that rude to somebody. She was mental anyways. Then I met an amazing woman, who I have to admit tempted me in the past, but I told her I'm married. I asked her out but she has a bf now. I know nobody is perfect but every other woman I meet is some kind of mental or a whore I wouldn't touch. I know none of this is the answer, it's just a way to cover the pain and loneliness. I need to get my wife back, I think we made a big mistake. Our marriage wasn't perfect, we had our differences, but I dont even care about that no more. We loved and cared about each other but maybe we took it for granted. We never should've let outside forces interfere with our happiness. I feel like such a sad sack, I've never felt like this in my life. I'm having waves of high energy followed by depression. Sometimes I can exercise and play guitar but other times I just don't feel like it. I haven't been taking good care of myself, I need to eat better but haven't really had the appetite. Just feels harder having motivation when there isn't somebody who loves you waiting for you at home.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
I’d have to move to another part of the fucking country to avoid dealing with these people...so therefore I’m stuck where i am dealing with these fucking idiots on a daily basis whether i like it or not.  
View Quote

Why is moving out of the question?
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I spent about two hours on the phone with my sister in law this morning, crying my eyes out.  I had brought up the idea of counseling to my ex, not for a reconciliation but to find a way for us to deal with each other (especially regarding the kids) without fighting. I feel like I’m drowning. She flat out refused.

All I want to do is go to sleep and never wake up. I hate being alone, I hate missing someone who threw me away and replaced me and doesn’t give a fuck about me. When I got attacked last week I sat in the parking lot of the ER and shook like a leaf and called her. I just wanted to hear her voice. She doesn’t care. Tinder guy is her whole world.

Sister in law knows about my suicide attempts. She wants me to drive out to Pax River and stay with her and her husband for a week, they’re really worried about me. I could maybe do a three day visit, I can’t use any PTO for ninety days, can’t take any vacation until I finish my probationary period. I walked out to a tree stand and filled a feeder today, all I could think of was if I killed myself id have to do it when my kids were at their moms so they wouldn’t be the ones to find me.
View Quote

Are you taking brain medication? If not, you should.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By FlamingDragon:
Even though everybody thinks I'm a troll, my wife actually did leave me, and I have to admit she was right about a lot of things. She was definitely right about how much I would miss her and how lonely I would feel. It sucks because I keep trying to get her off my mind but I still love her. I haven't gotten laid in a couple months so that's not really helping my depression right now. I've been killing myself drinking and smoking too much cigarettes, it's getting out of control. I met a new woman and she invited me over her place. I don't know if I was interested in anything more than just sex, but I completely blew it. I pretty much told her that her cooking smelled like shit and accused her of being drunk. Real smooth, but she didn't let me know she was cooking and it did smell like someone threw up in there and she was obviously drunk, I was a bit too or I would've never been that rude to somebody. She was mental anyways. Then I met an amazing woman, who I have to admit tempted me in the past, but I told her I'm married. I asked her out but she has a bf now. I know nobody is perfect but every other woman I meet is some kind of mental or a whore I wouldn't touch. I know none of this is the answer, it's just a way to cover the pain and loneliness. I need to get my wife back, I think we made a big mistake. Our marriage wasn't perfect, we had our differences, but I dont even care about that no more. We loved and cared about each other but maybe we took it for granted. We never should've let outside forces interfere with our happiness. I feel like such a sad sack, I've never felt like this in my life. I'm having waves of high energy followed by depression. Sometimes I can exercise and play guitar but other times I just don't feel like it. I haven't been taking good care of myself, I need to eat better but haven't really had the appetite. Just feels harder having motivation when there isn't somebody who loves you waiting for you at home.
View Quote
Just trying to read this, I'd say you need to put down the bottle.  Great things will happen, trust me!
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

You have a big fat codependency problem. Possibly stemming from your childhood.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:47:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlamingDragon] [#43]
Originally Posted By orion251:
Just trying to read this, I'd say you need to put down the bottle.  Great things will happen, trust me!
View Quote

Thanks man, I haven't had anything to drink today, that's actually the first time in a while. Not that it made me feel any better or anything. I really don't drink a lot, two or three drinks a day at the most but it has been becoming an every day habit which could turn into a problem. I spoke to her on the phone, she told me she doesn't need anybody except the Lord. She completely gave herself up to God. It's kinda funny how everything she stood for has disappeared after finding the answers in God. She's let go of all the blm nonsense, politics, Facebook, Instagram, so that's a positive thing. Talking to her made me feel better, I know she still loves me, just not romantically at the moment. Maybe in time those feelings will come back. We are going to go to church together on Sunday. I need to keep praying, it's the right thing to do. I feel shitty for having thoughts about other women, it's a good thing I didn't follow all the way through but it still sucks having unfulfilled desires.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

You have to stop trying to stay connected to your ex-wife, she is no longer your "person."  This includes calling your ex sister-in-law.  You have to let go of the past if you want to have any semblance of a normal future.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#45]
My in laws have been my family for 22 years. They’ve taken my side in this. My sister in law has been ‘my little sister’ since she was four years old. She’s the one not person who constantly been there for me through this whole thing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#46]
My in laws have been my family for 22 years. They’ve taken my side in this. My sister in law has been ‘my little sister’ since she was four years old. She’s the one not person who constantly been there for me through this whole thing.
View Quote

Ok.  Just keep doing what you have been doing for the past 2+ years.  It is really working out well.  Or you can listen to what several people have been saying for a long time and start working to be better.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Be too godammned stubborn for them to win.

I did not serve in combat, you are my brothers and sisters.

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#49]
This election has me so fucking depressed.  Beautiful 70 degree weekend here and i don’t give a flying fuck and haven’t even been outside today.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#50]
This election has me so fucking depressed.  Beautiful 70 degree weekend here and i don't give a flying fuck and haven't even been outside today.  
View Quote
It's an emotional rollercoaster for sure. Ups and downs, and the suspense and uncertainty of it all sure wear on me. It's not over until it's over though. Hang in there.
Page / 73
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top