1) Carry your driver's license
or passport with you.  You probably
have to show your ID at least 3 times
before getting on the plane.

2) Wear clean pair of socks.  Some people
at the airport were ordered to remove
their shoes for closer inspection.  

3) Don't carry any metallic objects
while you walk through the metal detector.
If you set that thing off, you'll be
hassled for like 5 minutes.

4) Arrive 2 hours before the flight if flying domestic.  I don't know about the international flights.  

5) If someone is picking you up at the airport, have that person park it in the parking area.  Cops were really strict about people parking vehicles in front of the building.

Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I want one!

@#%& it, one of the most heart-rending images to come out of Afghanistan was of a NA gunman sitting on a T-55 with an RPG-7 and a backpack full of rockets.

I want a backpack full of rockets!

But I can't, because I live in the freest nation on earth.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Man If you dont use that as your sig line... Can I [:d]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Nah, I took a second look at it and am contemplating a bumper-sticker run.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Man If you dont use that as your sig line... Can I [:d]
View Quote

It does ROCK! AB
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 10:45:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting how few people in the media are willing to tell the truth, that these missiles are neither American made Stingers or Russian SA-7's, but in reality ChiCom HN-5's MANPADS. The HN-5 being the ChiCom copy of the Russian SA-7 Strella AAM.

Of course we can't call a ChiCom Missle a Chicom missle, THAT MIGHT UPSET CHINA!!!

The burning Question is...Are the missiles, we think, are being smuggled into the U.S. by these terrorists, The same missiles China shipped over to the Taliban AFTER 9-11?
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Maybe they're just staunch RKBA supporters, you know - shoulder-fired missles should be protected by the 2nd Amendment right?

What's y'alls problem?
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 2:14:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 5:09:48 AM EDT
[#12]
    "We don't have information that al Qaeda is planning to use these against commercial aircraft in the United States," an FBI official said. "However, we are passing the information along for people to remain alert to the potential use."
View Quote

Bwah, ha. Remain calm. Nothing to see here. Move along sheeple. They woudn't use them on commercial aircraft. They're going to shoot them up in the air at geese on the 4th of July, like fireworks.

Link Posted: 6/2/2002 5:10:45 AM EDT
[#13]
A U.S. official also said the portable missiles, which can be carried in small crates, "are fairly light and not difficult to obtain on the gray market."

View Quote

What is the "gray" market?

Link Posted: 6/2/2002 5:22:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interesting how few people in the media are willing to tell the truth, that these missiles are neither American made Stingers or Russian SA-7's, but in reality ChiCom HN-5's MANPADS. The HN-5 being the ChiCom copy of the Russian SA-7 Strella AAM.

Of course we can't call a ChiCom Missle a Chicom missle, THAT MIGHT UPSET CHINA!!!

The burning Question is...Are the missiles, we think, are being smuggled into the U.S. by these terrorists, The same missiles China shipped over to the Taliban AFTER 9-11?
View Quote

F & L,
FOX News did mention there was a Chinese copy of the SA-7 on Friday - about 2 seconds worth but they did mention this missile.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone remember Flight 800 out of Kennedy Airport ?
There were reports that some people saw a missle
fired from the ground and an explosion when it hit.
View Quote

Very interesting indeed when you look back at flight 800.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:11:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone remember Flight 800 out of Kennedy Airport ?
There were reports that some people saw a missle
fired from the ground and an explosion when it hit.
View Quote

Very interesting indeed when you look back at flight 800.
View Quote

Kind of interesting that after so many months of silence FOX also briefly discussed the possibility of a missile attack on Flight 800 during the broadcast mentioned above.

I thought the NTSB had ruled out a missile attack ??  (The Gov wouldn't lie to us would they ?? Naw, of course not.)
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Classified intelligence reports circulated among top Bush administration policymakers during the past two weeks identified the missiles as [...]
View Quote

Okay fellas. Time to take the Washington Post off of the circulation list for classified intelligence reports. Either that or just give up and print all of the classified reports in the Washington Post and make it required reading for the staff.

This warning was the most useless yet. Next warning: Someone, somewhere has some sort of weapon that we have no evidence will be used against us domestic or abroad on high, medium, or low profile targets. Keep an eye out for them though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 7:05:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm worried about the space shuttle being a target. Losing another crew would be devastating (personally and nationally). Losing a shuttle would end the program. Losing my job (directly crew and shuttle related) would end my families ability to consume food and live in a house. Terrorism and terrorists suck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/2/2002 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top