Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2002 12:05:54 PM EDT
What happens to a soldier/peace officer in the event..: [red]*that the order was not a lawfull order and follows it believing it was... *that the order was not a lawfull order and follows it because he is [i]scared[/i] not to follow it... *the order was a lawfull order but the pvt clearly believed it was not and refused.[/red] and what happens the guy giving the orders: [blue]* guy knew they were unlawfull but that was the fastest way for his men to stop dying * guy gave unlawfull orders but not with intent * guy simply had a hard on and wanted to do whater ever he felt like[/blue]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:12:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cluster: What happens to a soldier/peace officer in the event..: [red]*that the order was not a lawfull order and follows it believing it was... *that the order was not a lawfull order and follows it because he is [i]scared[/i] not to follow it... *the order was a lawfull order but the pvt clearly believed it was not and refused.[/red] and what happens the guy giving the orders: [blue]* guy knew they were unlawfull but that was the fastest way for his men to stop dying * guy gave unlawfull orders but not with intent * guy simply had a hard on and wanted to do whater ever he felt like[/blue]
View Quote
Each "guy" would be subject to court(s) martial (excepting the peace officer) depending on the very non-specific nature of the offense(s) you listed and be judged by his peers based on the merits of the case. Ya really need to be more specific. You're going to get answers completely across the spectrum.
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 12:15:12 PM EDT
It depends.
Top Top