Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2002 7:27:51 AM EDT
At one point did this nation truly lose its mind?  I mean, we have some of the most absurd laws, and we let complete idiots run our country.  I realize this is our own fault, because we are the one's who put them in office.  But how did the pro-gun folks, which probably make up close to half the population of this country, allow such ridiculous gun laws to be passed?  Is the 2nd Amendment really subject to interpretation?  Just to show you how illogical we have bcome, ponder on the following questions...

Why is it I can (legally) make a car go 200 MPH, but I can't put a collapsable stock on my post-ban?  

Why does it take three DUI convictions to go to jail, but only two convictions of CCW in a bar?

Why is it a convicted armed car-jacker can never legally posses a firearm again, but can still drive a car?

Why do we have gun laws limiting magazine capacity, but yet an unwed, unemployed, welfare mom can have as many children as she wants (with as many men as she wants)?

What the hell is an "Assault Weapon", and why does it matter what year it was made?  

Why doesn't the 2nd Amendment protect gun rights the way the 1st Amendment protects personal rights?  

Why does a machine gun take longer to get, and is more expensive, than an abortion?  

Speaking of abortions, why is it I need to complete a background check for a firearm, but not to have an abortion?

How is homosexuality protected by the Constitution, but AR-15's aren't?

I know these are apples-to-oranges comparisons, but they make good examples of the lunacy in our democratic society.  Feel free to post your own...
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Jason, as you know there are no coherent answers to your questions.  Hell, just reading them makes me.......... tired.

The FBI:  How can we trust the group that managed both Ruby Ridge and Waco ?
Directors come and go but the institutional mind-set remains.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]
We, as a society, have bred with too many liberals and as a result, the common sense gene has been eliminated in much of the population.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Most of this shit started as soon as Klinton was elected. He and his administration are the leading factor why alot of these stupid laws and people with no common sense exist. He was instrumental in showing the young people of this great nation that morals and character don't matter and you're not respondsible for your own actions[BD]. Imagine what things would be like if he was never elected and smile.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Why would one ban God from school and bring in gay people?

And way do people cry about there rights and cry for more laws at the same time?

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Most people with a brain got fed up with the corruptness of it all long ago.  It is going to take time to get them back involved.  Do what you can to encourage others to get interested in current events and vote and write letters and generally become a large pain in the ass civil watchdog.

BTW... Texas executed number 15 last night.  We are trying to break Barry Bonds homer record this year. [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:58:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And way do people cry about there rights and cry for more laws at the same time?

View Quote

Don't forget about teachers reading books like "My Two Moms" to the first graders.  

I just wrote a paper for my Gun Control Law class that looks at the car/gun issue in a different light (sports cars/assault weapons), if you're at all interested in seeing it.  Just let me know.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:05:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't forget about teachers reading books like "My Two Moms" to the first graders.  

I just wrote a paper for my Gun Control Law class that looks at the car/gun issue in a different light (sports cars/assault weapons), if you're at all interested in seeing it.  Just let me know.
View Quote

I think you should post your paper. It'd be interesting reading I'm sure[:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:05:54 AM EDT
[#9]
There is nothing common about good sense.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
why is it that at 16 i can drive a car, but on vacation i cant drive a personal watercraft?  

why is it that you can die for your country yet not leaglly drink booze?

i thought it was interesting how i could fly airplanes at 13, but could not start to learn to drive untill i was 15 and then get a liscence at 16.  (ofcourse my dad taught me to drive at 12)  

i also think its odd that when young s are good, or make good points, then they are s.  but when its not covenient, then they are just smart mouth teens.

why is it if your sucking up to 1 teacher, then they all expect the same treatment?  

why is it mom's get on my nervers, but DAD's totally RULE!?!

why is it ok for women to look at men, but its wrong for men to look at women?

why is it women are so damn confusing?  (well it guys new this they should write a book and become rich.)
View Quote

there are more s related to cars, then there are to guns. why ban guns?  why not ban cars?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Most of this shit started as soon as Klinton was elected. He and his administration are the leading factor why alot of these stupid laws and people with no common sense exist. He was instrumental in showing the young people of this great nation that morals and character don't matter and you're not respondsible for your own actions[BD]. Imagine what things would be like if he was never elected and smile.[:)]
View Quote

The only one of Jason280s examples that happened during Clintons reign was the magazine one.  I think you give Clinton more credit than he deserves.  The actions of our young have always been suspect, thats their nature.  Just look back at the hippies and punkers from decades back.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Yes,lets have it.

The bad thing is that commies are ok with a sports cars ban too.
Only cops should have weapons of any type and we should all drive GEOs......or so says the DNC[;D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

What the hell? A Gun Control Law class? What has the liberal education system come to?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Some thoughts to ponder.....

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse* from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship."

"The average age of the world's greatest civilization has been two hundred years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependence; from dependence back again into bondage."

[i]---Penned by Professor Alexander Tyler, a Scottish historian, who in 1787 wrote about the fall of the Athenian republic over 2000 years earlier. [/i]

"Clearly, it is the intact family to which Americans must look for the instilling in children of the moral orientation which engenders selfless patriotism. For good reason, Cicero wrote of the family as the 'seedbed of the state.' Without the family, the civic and patriotic impulses which inform a healthy country soon disappear .... Since the transmission of internalized moral values - including selfless patriotism - depends heavily upon mothers and families, the nation risks a rupture in civic culture whenever society changes in ways that deprive children of maternal care in an intact family ....

[i]--Bryce Christensen, "The End of Patriotism: Tearing Up the Seedbed of the State," The Family in America, May 2000, Volume 14, Number 5; The Howard Center. http://www.profam.org) [/i]

Or here you have it in my own words -

The collapse of the republic occurred  when we moved PAST [b]A[/b] separation of church and state to [b]THE[/b] exclusion of God from government. When that happened, moral  absolutes dissappeared from society, and politicians forgot they were accountable NOT to voters but to Almighty God for their actions.

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, Minman72, I would like to see the paper.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:05:17 AM EDT
[#16]
logic and common sense were turned over to Florida Social Services sometime during the ninety's.  They went missing, but it was not noticed until your post.  Be assured that Jeb will form a committee and we will find them soon. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Common sense was shot during a mini-mart robbery gone bad--he had $40 from a cash drawer on him at the time of his death.  Logic skipped out the back, leaving his mortally wounded friend to die, but there is a nationwide manhunt underway and WE WILL TRACK DOWN THE BASTARD!

--------------------------------------
In response to the original post though:  There really are no disconnects in Orwellian logic, it is all about discontinuity and the ability to hold two conflicting and mutually exclusive truths in your head and be able to reconcile both of them concurrently--like having a 1 and a 0 in a computer at the same place, at the exact same time.  In other words, the whole idea is to confuse the hell out of people and when that is accomplished to perfection, there is utterly nothing those people can do except give up their freedoms and liberties on a wholesale basis because they don't know what else to do--they are unable to even conceive of the idea that there might be a better solution, unable even to find the words to speak about it with anyone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In other words, the whole idea is to confuse the hell out of people and when that is accomplished to perfection, there is utterly nothing those people can do except give up their freedoms and liberties on a wholesale basis because they don't know what else to do--they are unable to even conceive of the idea that there might be a better solution, unable even to find the words to speak about it with anyone.
View Quote

We rarely agree [b]trickshot[/b] but when we do, it's a doozey!

Very well said.

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#19]
My theory is if every high school student was required to take one semester of college-level critical thinking, the Democratic party would implode from lack of membership.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#20]
The same thing that happened to ethics and morals.   [:(]

You will be hard pressed to find any of these traits among our general populace.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#21]
[size=6]WIMMINZ .....collected all """their"""common sense and logic...and banned it,but you knew that. That left us guys with the "Femnagovment" (LUV EVERYONE) we have today![/size=6] except for the few gun chicks left alive and thriving today,there would be no girls left worth a damn.....[pissed]DAMNIT!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Whatever happened to logic and common sense?
View Quote

Those two? Liberals kidnapped them and they were sent to re-education camps for sensitivity training.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#23]
I think it happens when liberal-types (most often women) decide what their stance on an issue is before looking for factual data. At that point, they are not willing to change their predetermined views for anything, so they slant existing data, created biased experiments, and occationally totally fabricate data to support their views. Maintaining their self-image and increasing their power become more important than anything else, including freedom, liberty, justice, personal responsibility, and common sense.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:57:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Those words are too hard.

These words felt better:

All You Need Is Love.
Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out.
La la Lalala Live For Today.
Flower Power.
I Am Woman Hear Me Roar.
Make Love Not War.
Never Trust Anyone Over Thirty.
Free Love.
All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance.
Fight The Power.
Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll.

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Those words are too hard.

These words felt better:

All You Need Is Love.
Tune In, Turn On, Drop Out.
La la Lalala Live For Today.
Flower Power.
I Am Woman Hear Me Roar.
Make Love Not War.
Never Trust Anyone Over Thirty.
Free Love.
All We Are Saying Is Give Peace A Chance.
Fight The Power.
Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll.

View Quote

Well Mac, you wouldn't give in on when you went to Highschool, but I think we can start to zero in on it :))

-Common Sense is NOT Common

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright guys, I'm more than happy to post my paper, but its a 20 page paper with about 46,000 characters.  

Is there somewhere better (easier) that it can be posted?

Edited to add that posting it would be about 20 posts before I'm done.  

As far as the liberal institution goes... its Fordham Law, which surprised me that they had it as an offering.  I guess the prestige and publications of my professor (Nicholas Johnson) lead to the offering.  The class was made up of 95% gun owners and keep in mind that Fordham is in NYC, so this is a substantial fact!  Only one guy and girl were anti, but we found out later that the guy was "posing" as an anti only to get laid.  Its kinda of funny, because the whole semester we gang beat him over his ignorance of the issues, yet his mouth was always flapping.  By the end of the semester, he was a completely competant gun rights advocate.  I assume he got an A.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#27]
This is the car analogy intro of the paper, its from the unfinished version of the paper, so forgive any typos or anything.
[b]
If the government issued laws tomorrow that made it illegal for all sports car owners to own their cars since a study by the DMV showed that sports cars are the choice of criminals, and that all of these cars would need to be turned in without any sort of reimbursement to the owner, would Americans care?  Should law abiding Americans be penalized for the criminal’s illegal crimes by being forced to surrender their past time to the government?
Even if the ban were “successful” and all criminal use of sports cars dropped to zero, does that mean that criminals would just not drive anymore, or would they pick a different category of vehicles as their criminal car of choice?  This leads us to another question of how the government would ban these sports cars, would it be by name or by function and certain characteristics?  Would there be a potential for cars to be banned merely on the way they appear, so that slow economy cars with a “slippery, fast and dangerous” look would be included?  The definition of “sports car” would also be very ambiguous and would cause concerns that other classes of cars could fall into that definition.  Characteristics which are cherished by these cars like, high speed, high traction, good handling, fast acceleration, quick braking and so on, would then be found in every car on the road, and rightly so.  Should other cars then follow the inevitable demise by being banned also?  Most likely the ban would not encompass these other cars, since most people associate sports cars with sleek, exotic and expensive two-seaters.  However, there are a number of four door sedans, which do not appear to be sports cars, but for all intents and purposes, they are much better than the average sports car!  
[/b]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#28]
[b]Then, after the establishment of this ban, which requires registration and proper purpose for ownership, should owners of sports cars be required to have a sporting purpose by racing on the weekends or being actual professional race car drivers if they wish to retain them?   If an owner could not show a sporting purpose, his investment would be confiscated or he would have to sell it to a state where this illegitimate ban did not take place.  This leads to another issue of the fact that when the ban took effect, people in some states were hit hard by requiring total relinquishment of their car, while in other states, the preexisting cars were grandfathered in, so that subsequently produced vehicles could not have a large front air dam, would be limited to a 10 gallon tank of gasoline (to prevent long drawn out chases), and the car had to stay above a certain length since smaller more maneuverable cars tend to be able to slip through traffic easier.  
This hypothetical situation seems to go against our sensibilities on what is right and proper for the government to do and how much they can intervene in our lives and our property, but the erosion of the rights are real and they are against our Second Amendment Rights to Bear Arms.  These rights were not merely “gifted” to us as gun control advocates would have us believe.  Rather, our founding fathers incorporated the Second Amendment as a way of thwarting another repressive government over the American populace.  Statements by prior great patriotic Americans indicate the true intent of the second Amendment, especially when the like of Thomas Jefferson said...."Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks" or James Madison who said, "The Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." The Federalist #46.  This right wasn’t meant to be limited to so called “sporting purposes” which will be discussed later.  Rather, the right was given to the people to defend themselves, to defend their country and most importantly, to defend their individual rights against a future tyrannical government.
In the assault weapon’s debate, this is precisely the dilemma.  Even though the second amendment does not specifically bar any class of weapon and leaves open the fact that it was created for the purpose of a militia and the overthrow of the government, are we to assume that it should allow for the limiting of the implements of revolt or should it stand firmly behind all weapons meant for revolt?  [/b]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#29]
If you happen to have logic,common sense ,or morals  .  I bet you would sure stand out in a crowd wherever you went,(if you apply them of course).   That's the problem sometimes we don't go out of our way to reward those attributes.

Thank You So much, and Yes Mamn.

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the comliment, I'd be happy to email it to you if you like, but like I said, its about 20 pages.  

Just let me know by email or IM.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

I don't know, I'm a little worried I lost mine for a few minutes about an hour ago though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#34]
hey minman,  you have mail.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Well Mac, you wouldn't give in on when you went to Highschool, but I think we can start to zero in on it :))
View Quote

If you're basing it on what I've posted here, you're getting colder.[:P]

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:09:35 PM EDT
[#36]
it flew out the window
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 11:04:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
At one point did this nation truly lose its mind?  I mean, we have some of the most absurd laws, and we let complete idiots run our country.
View Quote

It all happened about the same time that socialists started taking over the education system and The Viet Nam "conflict" happened.  Now, our kids are indoctrinated with so much crap that it isn't even funny.  They don't even teach kids how to think, and anyone who shows any signs of thinking is summarily broken of that habit as soon as possible.  Then when they enter the workforce they're told to "think outside the box."  You're average honors graduate has no clue how to survive in the real world because he wasn't even taught the skills needed to do so.

We take away recess, and then wonder why all the 6 year olds are on Ritalin when they can't sit still in class, Welbutrin or Prozac because the kids are now depressed because they are on Ritalin, and lithium because they're so "out of it" now that they're hopped up on two other medications that a kid has no business taking.

We practice "zero tolerance" by throwing a 6 year old out of public school because he made his hand or a piece of paper into the shape of a pistol and said "bang bang" while playing Cops & Robbers.  Or similarly, we throw a 16 year old honor student who's never been in trouble in his life out of school because they find a butter knife in the bed of his pickup truck that fell out when he was donating stuff to the Salvation Army!

The biggest problem lies in the school system of this country.  The same liberals and socialists who are pro-choice when it comes to  butchering unborn children don't want you to have vouchers so you can take your kids out of public school.

Thank God Texas has very loose laws regarding home schooling.  My kids will never attend public school.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top