Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/30/2002 3:02:01 PM EDT
911lifesvr's recent post was thought provoking, and got me thinking about this:

Do any of you insist on knowing a woman's past sexual history when you start dating?  I've known guys that don't want to know, and others who want to know every detail so they can draw their own conclusions.  What is YOUR practice.

I'd be interested in hearing from of some of you older and more experienced guys. . .
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't care as long as she wasn't an out of work prostitute.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
On second thought. Considering my current situation, I wouldn't care if she [i]was[/i] an out of work prostitute.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Before the relationship gets serious, I always find out her sexual past.  But I've learned that tact and diplomacy must be observed if you don't want to offend her.

You might also want to wait till she's off the rag before you bring it up.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
like you have a choice!

she will tell you if you want to know or not.
then she will demand to know yours.
you had better think quick because if your less experienced than she is it might cause her to break up with you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On second thought. Considering my current situation, I wouldn't care if she [i]was[/i] an out of work prostitute.
View Quote

its OK,
Chicks love Bunghole!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Most guys that want to know that usually have little or no sexual history of their own or if they did would balk at the question if she asked them. Past wanting to know about some dread sexually transmitted disease i've never given a sh*t.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#7]
If its just a casual relationship then, no, its not necessary to know. I mean if a guy is looking to hangout with a girl and have some fun with her, then it doesn't matter.

BUT, if this really has the potential to become something long term (she meets the family, possible marriage material) then hell yes I'd want to know if she was a whore or not before she met me!

I've had both the casual relationship and the long term ones, honestly the casual ones are fun as hell, but in the end the long term ones are truly enjoyable.

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]
This should be treated as a seriouse subject, I think it is very important and every persons right to inquier about the sexual history of a possible sexual partner....I ask and it is cool with some woman and some woman think you are being to nosey, the ones that have problems with it I drop.

If you think about it, the ones that don't care to ask or be asked have no selfworth, so why be with them??

Ok the reason I want to know sexual historys is cause I like living, when you are living you can shoot all day long and think of more guns to buy, when you are dead, welllllllllllllllll...

I am sure this will be treated as a subject to joke about but you should ask, nothing wrong with that.

[bounce]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not old but I look at it this way..."if you are gonna have sex with her once you might as well do it a thousand times because you already exposed yourself to anything she has". She might wonder about YOUR past and some of the sluts YOU'VE been with. Just remember ,there's all kinds of people out there sharing needles and all you can try to do is get a girl that doesn't even go near those types.Liberal girls are probable the most dangerous so just talk about your AR to scare off those freaks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:19:41 PM EDT
[#11]
No.

So long as she isn't diseased, I care much more about her FUTURE sexual history, if you get my meaning.

-legrue
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#12]
another older guy here,

.... this may sound shytte, but !!!!!!!!

DONT ASK.......!!!

DON'T TELL.........!!!!

if it comes up in conversation from either of you, discuss it & drop it.., don't linger on the subject, doing so can be destructive !!!

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#13]
We talkin bout if she is bug free and careful sexualy?? Or if she screwed the entire football team in one night??????

I like mine bug free, don't care how many times she has been nailed...Had to clarify..

My definition of Sexual History is, are you clean?? When is the last time you were checked??

Stuff like that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:42:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't care.  One of my favorite girlfriends was a freaking sex machine who had had hundreds of lovers by the time she was 23 or 24.  With her, you didn't lose a girlfriend, you lost your turn!

But she never gave me anything nasty, so I didn't care.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn't ask for then I would have to give mine. And that ain't goin to happen.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
With her, you didn't lose a girlfriend, you lost your turn!
View Quote

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
another older guy here,

DONT ASK.......!!!

DON'T TELL.........!!!!

if it comes up in conversation from either of you, discuss it & drop it.., don't linger on the subject, doing so can be destructive !!!

View Quote

Amen Brother.  It will eat at you like a cancer.  Forget that she wasn't born the day she met you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
One of my favorite girlfriends was a freaking sex machine who had had hundreds of lovers by the time she was 23 or 24.  With her, you didn't lose a girlfriend, you lost your turn!quote]

Hey, I know her! [^]

Seriously, though:  I've been with my current girlfriend for going on 3 years, and we haven't talked once about past sexual experiences.  I can tell she's been with a man before, but I don't want or need to know how often or who with.  As several people have said: the important thing is whether she's clean or not.

Heck, even if she's a retired prostitute, what's the problem?  She has to know how to work the equipment pretty well.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Friends with benefits = Who cares as long as she's clean. One of my favorite girlfriends was a bi-sexual nympho that could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch. Hmmm..how come she's so good at that??

Nothing better than flings with a dirty little tramp!! [:X]

Potential wife, someone you really care about, that's tuff = Don't ask a question you really don't want to hear the answer to. I.E. What if she tell's you she was the "double stuff" in an oreo cookie? or of course the football team is a classic too. If you care about her, hearing that will hurt!! [>(]

In essence the past is the past. If she's clean, respectable, faithfull and does all the little things you like (mine bought me a gun for valentines day when we were dating), then let bygones be bygones and get it out of your brain housing group.

Semper-Fi Do or Die, 03 out!! [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#22]
They're all [whacko].....why waste your time,deal with it!If she ain't putting out,she can get out!Unless she's got more $$$ than oprah!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
AIDS knows no gender or sexual pref.
View Quote

Are you kidding? Last I checked, most american AIDS patients were IV drug users and homosexual gay men.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Curious, yes.
Do I want to know, no.
Will she tell me when she is ready, probably.

Why make a big deal out of something you can't change? I don't ask, and don't volounteer my history either. I figure it is her/my business, and if I need to know something she will tell me and vice-versa.

Generally there is not much good that can come form finding out that she was a total slut in college. Besides, you already knew that, a whole lot more of them than will fess up to it were.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:47:11 PM EDT
[#25]
The big question is.....

DOES SHE HAVE VIDEOS!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bunghole....NO !!!!!!!!!!   Think about how [b]NASTY[/b] she would have to be to be a out-o-work ho !!!  Just watch cops and see how disgusting some of those crack ho's are, yet they still get traffic.
This may help in times of weakness.....
[mental image]picture hillary rode hard at Sturgis then left in a puddle.[/mental image]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#27]
You will get the "feel" for her past sexual history without asking.  This means one of two things.  First, you will find out if she is the "type" that would sleep around.  The second part of the "feel" concept is it will hurt to pee.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#28]
I think it is good to know for health reasons. But if you plan on throwing it back in their face, don't ask. Just remember that the past is just that and people grow up and some change for the better.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#29]
If she's clean, it doesn't matter. You really don't want to know, and besides, she's picked you and that's all that really matters. I'll say this: I didn't want a virgin on my wedding bed. I knew I wanted someone who knew a thing or three about screwing, THEN chose me because she found a good thing. You don't have your first car still, do you? Hell no. You shopped and learned what you liked, what you wanted, and traded up. Feeling like you have to know is jealousy disguised. Bad place to go.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Personally,I like'em broke in by the "bikergangtypes".Thems some fun whenches!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#31]
No, just as long as she wasn't out standing on the corner yelling pussy for sale!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#32]
"What every man wants is a virgin who is a whore."

I forget who said that, but it's true.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:44:24 PM EDT
[#33]
older guy here, what i have seen with my sisters and girl friends, they dont tell you the truth about sexual history,or marriage history.
you should just be concerned if they are disease free.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Chimborazo,
You're right on.  I've not said it so eloquently, but will use that line from now on.  My line has always been, "Men want to date a women that loves sex, and marry a virgin".  The male conundrum.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Hmm kinda funny some folks here post about P.Anderson an would still dink her knowing she has a real "poon" of Death.....some of us will watch the rest die an laugh at the Wake
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Other than for health issues, I don't care. I'd rather they come with some experience. Don't want to see her on the cover of "Wide Open Beavers" magazine while out on a date though.

"I'd like an around the world hold the balls please."
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#37]
If she is good enough for her dad and three brothers, then she's good enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I suppose there are some legitimate health issues that might require talking about this-but I think keeping your trap shut is the better way to go. Ain't yer business and she'll tell you if she wants you to know-the bed gets a little crowded for some guys if they know too much.
View Quote

ALSO there are important pshychological issues too!!!!! [b]I can't stress that enough!!!![/b]

What about her ethics and/or morals?
For example, what if you have a girlfriend and she is seeinf [b]and[/b] having sex with other guys and feels [i]absolutely nothing[/i] is wrong with it because [b]you're not married[/b].

or......
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#39]
A whorish past only matters if the woman carries those same habits into the current relationship. Unfortunatly most will.

It is a rare woman that can look honestly at her past, admit mistakes, understand why those mistakes were made (drinking, low self esteem, desire for attention, ect), then take positive steps to improve herself in those core areas. If she hasnt done that, then she cant have a healthy relationship with any man.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Lots of smart guys here.  The cheating thing is key.  I stole a chick from a guy in college, I tough I was the shit.  I though I was special, she would cheat on me!  Well the bitch did. Loyalty is much more important.  Now, working with cats every single day, I can tell you some of these women have high mileage! Women are like cars and guns.  The more you use them the loser they get.  How does your AR shoot after 30,000 rounds?  You'll need to send the wife in to see me for a "rebarreling".  There is actually a procedure to tighten things up.  The damage is usually done at childbirth, regardless of how big you think you dicks are!

Raven, I know that girl too!  I was #36.  I lost touch with her for a few weeks and lost my turn permanently! LOL
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Actually I subscribe to the "Don't look for something you don't want to find theory".
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would be more interested in whether or not she has a history of cheating than actual sexual history...
View Quote

[b]BINGO[/b]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm not sure if its a good thing or not, but in this town everyone knows who you have been with.  Lotta nosey bastards here.  If you slee with anyone within 30 miles from this town, it will become a matter of public record in about 4 hours or so. Crap, I need to get out of this place.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Did you know you could actually tell what kind of girl they are knowing their full sexual past?

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:24:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
another older guy here,

DONT ASK.......!!!

DON'T TELL.........!!!!

View Quote

Amen Brother.  It will eat at you like a cancer.  Forget that she wasn't born the day she met you.
View Quote

Yep!  The "cancer" is definitely eating at me . . . [:(!]

So, I guess I've found one example where honesty is NOT the best policy. I guess though, since I asked the question I should have been prepared for whatever answer I got.  The history is not that bad (no deviant or sick shit), I've dated women with worse histories. Its just that I was wrong about what she was CAPABLE of. Now I guess I need to take it like a man and get over it; because other than that things are good.
[:O][V][:(][>(][>Q]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If she is good enough for her dad and three brothers, then she's good enough for me.
View Quote

Best place to find those is ALABAMA!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Actually if you were to look at World Wide AIDS statistics the United States actually have one of the best numbers. The media so distorted everything that we are all made to believe that AIDS can strike anytime anywhere. That is theoretically true but not so in practice. First of all, AIDS transmission is NOT 100% in sexual contact. Certain factors such as sex during menstrual cycle do increase the probability. Second, the gay groups don't want everyone to think that AIDS is predominantly confined to homosexual and drug user populations, so they started a public scare campaign. The way social networks are organized, if you stay away from someone who isn't completely loose and would screw IV drug users, your chances of getting HIV is very small. But I would still advise the use of condoms for things like herpes.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#48]
As long as the history does not involve multiple simultaneous non-disclosed relationships, I'd be good to go.

Her "experience" will show rather quickly.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#49]
My wife grew up in a major northeaster ski area. We married at 30. I didn't give a shit then, we didn't talk about it and never have. We have a great marriage and three children, oldest 25 and  youngest 17. People have a right to a private past.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Many of these replies are as if the poster is a person who has always walked the straight and narrow.  So most of you guys have only had sex while in a longterm monogamous relationship with the intent of a lifelong commitment?  No sowing the wild oats thing huh?

How about this question:  [b]Should SHE care about YOUR sexual past?[/b]

I'm not even referring to past infidelity.  This is just basic promiscuity. Lets say in your college days, you were Da Man!  Sorority babes hurled themselves at you and affairs lasted all of a month.  Ten years later, should your new girlfriend care about that?  

MY answer: Of course she should care!  What sane person wouldn't?  But she shouldn't use it to pass unilateral judgement on you without first making an effort to learn more about you.  So you shouldn't do it either.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top