Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2002 8:15:10 AM EDT
...in your gunsafe???

I'm trying to determine the best storage environemntal conditions that will prevent rust without drying out wooden gun stocks.

Do you use a "goldenrod?" Anyone use it in a vault type gunroom??

How do you deal with humidity???

would a small AC unit keep down humidity while keeping the room cool, or would a dehumidifier be better (keeping in mind dehumidifiers do throw off some heat??

Anyone have a vault-type gunroom they have to deal with these things in? What do YOU do???

Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]

"Humidity"??

What's that?

The_(ButIt'sADryHeat)Macallan [flame]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
...in your gunsafe???

Do you use a "goldenrod?" Anyone use it in a vault type gunroom??

Anyone have a vault-type gunroom they have to deal with these things in? What do YOU do???

View Quote

I read topics such as this and dream of the day when I will have to worry about these types of problems.[;D]

What is humidity? I am no longer familiar with this word, or is it just a concept?

Seriously, I take the guns out once in a while, wipe them down, and put them back.
Of course, I realize you are talking about a much larger collection.[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top