Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/30/2002 12:14:12 AM EDT
Ok I'm bragging now but I went out tonight on a blind date.  This girl has her own boat, all her own fishing equipment, and her own bbq grill.  She likes firearms and she even wanted to see my H&K USP 40 compact(she said she was partial to Glocks but I guess she can't be perfect).  She can cook like you wouldn't believe and she can outdrink me.  Her tongue is longer than my(well it's long).  She wants to be a funeral director and she said she is fascinated with death.  Should I worry about that?  Life is good to me.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#1]
"That girl....she's the devil!!" [devil]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I would worry.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
somethings wrong when you WANT to work with dead people.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:59:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You didn't tell us you had pictures...

[url]http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/fugitive/may2002/maydefranr.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
a real cutie
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#6]
If #951 is your DSN, you should know better. If you have no idea what I mean, Disregard.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 2:49:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 3:12:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, so the first thing you mention about a woman is that she HAS A BOAT? You must REALLY like fish.
View Quote

Not necessarily, it might be a Fountain. Going to the lake doesn't always mean fishing, well not fishing for fish anyways. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Hmmmm....

Hate to rain on the parade, but that just gives me the creeps. She would come home smelling like imbalming fluid and ummmm.... a uh... funeral parlor. Dude, dont know about you guys but that smell just makes me sick. Sorry. And after a good day at the job, cleaning up dead bodies... she would not be touching me, let me tell ya'.

I would stay away from someone with a death fascination regardless of anything else. She sounds perfect otherwise, but this is rather too glaring a defect, yes it is a defect, and I would skeedaddle. Death groupie. Ummmm.... no thanks.

Just my .02 ymmv etc etc.

Dram out

(Dude, run away while you can)
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#11]
How old is she?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#12]
If she's facinated with the dead, that's one thing, wanting to be a funeral director and all. But a facination with death is a little troubling, unless she's simply facinated with ways to avoid it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:27:07 AM EDT
[#13]
do her first. then tell us about it in great detail. then we will offer a whole new bunch of suggestions and ideas.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#14]
If she just want you to " Lay very still and dont make a sound " while you are doing "it"
You may want to think about it.

I have a freind who is a funeral director and he is a great guy. HE IS NOT FASCINATED BY DEATH.

Most likly you guys will have a brief fling. Someone will tell the other one to get lost. Thats what used to happen to me if i remember correctly.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:46:59 AM EDT
[#15]
If she gives you a handjob using the arm she picked up at work run out of there like all Hell, otherwise I can see no problem. One thing, don't cheat on a chick who doesn't care about dead people has a gun, and a boat, cause next thing you know your sleeping with the fishes with a bullet thru your brain.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys are a bunch of pansies...

Listen up.  So long as it isn't an [b][u]unhealthy[/u][/b] fascination with death, you are in the clear.

And by unhealthy, I mean she isn't wounding animals just to track them and watch them die, swerving to hit animals that run in front of her car, and then getting out to look at the mess, or talking fondly about how she'd love to see your intestines wrapped around her neck like a necklace.

That's the type of freako you should be on the look-out for.  This one doesn't sound like that at all.

I think you misunderstood her, or she merely used words that weren't quite the best to express her thoughts.

Either way, nothing to fear.  She sounds like a keeper to me.

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:40:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Worry only if she asks you to sit in a bath of ice water for a half an hour before becoming intimate.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#20]
strange, very strange
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Fascinated with death is definitely a MINUS along with the GLOCK thingy. You got to come up with some more Pluses..Can she brew beer? Can she operate hand tools like a buffer or air wrenches or can she weld or use a torch? You have to get more plusses to over shadow the minuses...[:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Go for it! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sex.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:31:08 AM EDT
[#23]
You sure can learn a lot about a person on a first date.  Maybe she was just trying to make a good first impression.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#24]
You need to get to know her neighbors of the last 5 years
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Does she look anything like Elvira?

She could open up a Taxidermy business on the side and make extra bucks for both of your shooting needs. I see possibilities here.

I think she would be cool, like the old saying goes "stiffs don't bother you it's the live ones you have to watch out for." hehehe [^]
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
(she said she was partial to Glocks but I guess she can't be perfect).
View Quote

Ah but she is: Perfect girl + Glock = Perfection

Her choice of handguns indicates her superior intellect and knowledge.  Just hope she keeps imparting those pearls of wisdom in your presence.  Have fun she sounds like a blast.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ok I'm bragging now but I went out tonight on a blind date.  This girl has her own boat, all her own fishing equipment, and her own bbq grill.  She likes firearms and she even wanted to see my H&K USP 40 compact(she said she was partial to Glocks but I guess she can't be perfect).  She can cook like you wouldn't believe and she can outdrink me.  Her tongue is longer than my(well it's long).  She wants to be a funeral director and she said she is fascinated with death.  Should I worry about that?  Life is good to me.  
View Quote

If she works on her own car, great in bed, then marry the bitch QUICK!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I know a girl at work who would quit her job right now if she could get hired at the coroner's office.
She thinks forensic science is "cool".Maybe your blind date's sister?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Good lord. If she creeps you out, send her up here to Tennessee. I'm looking for a woman like that.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#30]
"I see dead people!"

My guess is she was trying to make up for her creepy choice of a vocation by showing you all of her nicer qualities.  

Hey, if India and Pak do the thing, undertaking could be a real growth industry worldwide.

Look at it this way, there are tons of good funeral/undertaker jokes and you get to ride around in a hearse and enjoy all the morbid looks you get from the people in the other cars.  Running redlights is also a fringe benefit.  Those hearses get lousy gas mileage though--too much dead weight.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm married, but my job brings me into contact with alot of women and I get hit on a lot. Plus I pay attention to what my single friends are going through and I'm starting to think that all women are complete wack jobs. Yours apparently has a facination with death and may have a drinking problem.

Most wack jobs fall into one of the following catagories:

"Happily married" are usually not. They are looking to trade up or fool around on the side more than you would imagine.

"Young Hotties" are all body image obsessed to the point of endangering their health with over exposure to the sun to get tan, using methamphetamine to stay thin, and elective surgerys (lipo and breast implants).

"Husband Hunters" Women who's entire day is devoted to the quest for a sugar daddy.

"Biological clock time bombs"  Women over 30 who are realizing they have a better chanve of being struck by lighting than getting married and having kids at this point.

When I was dating I had three standards that were set in stone, no kids, no smoking, no drugs. I would guess those standards would rule out about 80% of single women right now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
"I see dead people!"

My guess is she was trying to make up for her creepy choice of a vocation by showing you all of her nicer qualities.  

Hey, if India and Pak do the thing, undertaking could be a real growth industry worldwide.

Look at it this way, there are tons of good funeral/undertaker jokes and you get to ride around in a hearse and enjoy all the morbid looks you get from the people in the other cars.  Running redlights is also a fringe benefit.  Those hearses get lousy gas mileage though--too much dead weight.
View Quote

Dude, that's a horrible joke.  Plus I'm a cop so I already get to run red lights.  No big thrill there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Fascinated with death from a philosophical/spiritual standpoint can be a little off-putting, but isn't freak-nasty weird.

However, if she starts asking you to play dead when your fucking, or she wants to play dead herself, run, run like the wind, run for the hills, [NI] run away!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
do her first. then tell us about it in great detail. then we will offer a whole new bunch of suggestions and ideas.
View Quote

Pictures would also help with more specific advice - pic's of 'her' that is !
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#35]
its "white she devil"
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't see page 2 (siegesurfer issues) so I don't know if anyone asked the really basic questions.

Cup size?

Spits or swallows?

Sports fan?

Still looks good at 3 am making you a tuna sandwich after loveplay?

Latent bisexual tendencies?

Who cares what she wants to do for a living as long as she wants to work?

OK I'm ready...All you gals can flame me!

Just having fun!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 4:19:27 PM EDT
[#37]
I worked around road construction guys for a few summers, and I learned that whenever a woman is mentioned in a conversation, you must ask this question:

"Did ya fuck her?"

Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#38]
For the record, I am not nor have ever been "the devil" or "white she devil".  I am not a drunk.  And for the "whack job" comment, I think someone may have not gotten enough attention from mommy when he was little leading to a subconscious dislike for women.

Beyond that, I'm just a lot of fun with some unusual interests.  Fascination with human behavior and society's reactions to death is not "scary".  In actuallity, it makes me appreciate the life I have been given more than I ever have.

PS...  the date was a blast.  Hadn't had that much fun in a long time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:47:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Welcome aboard Blackwidow_tx.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:49:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
For the record, I am not nor have ever been "the devil" or "white she devil".  I am not a drunk.  And for the "whack job" comment, I think someone may have not gotten enough attention from mommy when he was little leading to a subconscious dislike for women.

Beyond that, I'm just a lot of fun with some unusual interests.  Fascination with human behavior and society's reactions to death is not "scary".  In actuallity, it makes me appreciate the life I have been given more than I ever have.

View Quote
Blackwidow_tx[shock] and your tag line might be????...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Death disturbs people because it reminds them of their own mortality. Personally I have a more ambivalent attitude toward death.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#42]
It’s hard to judge a being on that simple description.
If your smitten on her that is all that really matters.

I will offer that it is a plus for this chickee to offer to you such "controversial" information on a blind date. It may indicate she is generally open and honest and not hiding something.

However, I would take it slow till I saw the boat. [:)].
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
 Those hearses get lousy gas mileage though--too much dead weight.
View Quote

[b]BADUMP-BUMP-TCHHHHHH![/b]

Seriously though, sounds like she might be quite a catch if, as mentioned before, her facination isn't in the super-creepy zone.

I have a good friend who was going to go into school to learn the trade. She was completely enthusiastic about it, and saw it as a neverending need, since people allways pass on. But around a month before she went to school, it dawned upon her that she would have to enbalm and deal with dead children. She realized that she wouldn't be able to handle that at all and cancelled.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Sounds like a good one if you can keep up.

I am surprised that nobody has asked if the has a sister. [shock]

Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Sounds like a good one if you can keep up.

I am surprised that nobody has asked if the has a sister. [shock]

Have fun with it.
View Quote

Nope, no sister!
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell em how much you liked seeing my gun!!!
You remember the H&K USP40C I showed you right?
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I couldn't begin to express how impressed I was with his gun.....
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't worry about it. Funeral directors make big money. She's a smart girl.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 5:45:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Trult good advice from an old friend of mine:

"When someone tells you who they really are believe them."

She sounds....damaged. Proceed with caution.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Guns and facination with death, that's a pretty scary mix. As long as you remain in good mental health, I suppose it's fine.

Anyway, as long as you don't try to increase your clientele. [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top