Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2002 5:20:32 PM EDT
Well central time anyways. The American version looks pretty kick ass so far if you're an Iron Chef fan. No more dubbed Japanese version I guess. William Shatner, yes Capt. Kirk, plays the chairman.

FYI
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Playboy playmate for a judge....OH YEAH....this is better than the original.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Playboy playmate for a judge....OH YEAH....this is better than the original.
View Quote

Yeah, but it's just not the same without the crazy Japanese guy biting into the pepper, looking up in anticipation, and smiling triumphantly at the taste of it.  Even William Shatner can't pull off something as corny as that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno man, I don't think that show will last too long. The audience comes across a being way too fake because of the overreacting to the applause sign.

Shatner isn't right for the part, they need a creepy eccentric guy like Christopher Walken as the Chairman.

Not enough attention was paid to what and how things were being made.

The only judge that appeared to be analyzing the dishes was the guy on the end (not the Yeti guy). Everyone else was just saying "gee this is good".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top