Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2002 2:57:33 PM EDT
Just talked to customer service at XM. I asked aobut if they were planning on trying to ges Limbaugh on on of the channels and she told me the contract was signed and he would be on there soon. Guess its time to go buy one  *sigh*

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking into getting XM Radio, how do you like it? Any problems or issues with signal strength? How do tall buildings affect reception? Do  you have the ability to receive the local radio stations also? Just curious.

Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What does it cost?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Radios and crap are about $200 and up and the service is $9.95 a month. People I have talked to like it and have had no problems. No real tall buildings in rural Iowa though. One guy said he was in Colorado in the mountains and it worked fine.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]

P.S.  [url]www.xmradio.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Aviator,

thanks for the info....
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Will be an option on the 2003 GM (Chevy/GMC) trucks. I think $9.95/month.  The Diesel forum has some good info. From up into Canada and down into Mexico, no problems. Okay under bridges, amonst tall buildings and apparently in parking garages open to the outside.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a friend who has it and it is crystal clear.

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I've given it some thought as to signing on for the service, the biggest drawback in my opinion is the upfront cost of the radio...$200+ depending on which one you get.. with $200+ I can

A: buy more ammo

B: put the money towards another rifle

C: put the money towards a much needed gun safe

D: spend the $200 on the Mrs..(nahhhh..forget D
she'll cost me more than $200)

E: put the $200 towards vacation

Hopefully as it gets more popular the cost of the radios will start coming down...we'll see
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top