Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2002 10:00:16 AM EDT
Look at what this commie ass-jockey is up to now...

[i]Bowling for Columbine[/i]

[url]http://www.commondreams.org/views02/0517-04.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/757323.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:21:30 AM EDT
[#1]
"Are we a nation of gun nuts or just nuts?"

Moore's question is just the simple tactic of defining the debate in your terms.  Simplistic and effective on the simple minds in Cannes.

Are we a nation of self-loathing idiots or just idiots?

Many variations available.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe "ass-clown" is the proper nomenclature here.  Possibly "turd-herder" would be appropriate, but I'm pretty sure "ass-clown" covers it.

The funny thing is, this is the film industry we're talking about here. The same industry that glorifies the gun violence that is used to strip the rights of law abiding gun owners.  If that lardass Michael More wants to do something to stop gun violence, he only need look to his own colleagues in the film industry.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:48:39 AM EDT
[#3]

[i]“There are 7 million guns in 10 million households in Canada, yet they don’t kill each other,” Moore says. “It blew apart my whole theory. [b]It’s not about the guns. It’s about us.[/b]”[/i]

Why do I think this is NOT going to be the take-home message of his "documentary"?

MichaelMoore also wrote this lovely bit of trash right after 9-11:

[i]"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes’ destination of California - these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!"[/i]

Yeah, so it's better to kill trogledytic conservatives in Texas and Oklahoma than to kill progressive liberals in New York.

Michael Moore is festering boil on the face of America.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nah, I'd look a bit lower on our collective anatomy.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#5]
This guy is the largest mobile waste of real-estate in existence.

Here's my favorite part from the msnbc link:

The NRA reinforces this fear, charges Moore. Within days of the Columbine shooting, the association arrived in town and staged a big pro-gun rally hosted by its president, actor Charlton Heston—a move that offended Moore.
View Quote

Thanks for the honest reporting, NBC!!

Nevermind that the NRA convention in Denver was planned LONG before Columbine.  Nevermind that they (NRA) scaled back the event out of respect to the victims.  Don't mention one word about the idiot protestors outside, who were carrying signs that read, "NRA Members = Child Killers", among other "peaceful" slogans.

The NRA convention attendees in Denver showed far more class than any of the idiots outside who were protesting the event.  But that probably doesn't come as a big surprise to anybody on this forum.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

[i]“There are 7 million guns in 10 million households in Canada, yet they don’t kill each other,” Moore says. “It blew apart my whole theory. [b]It’s not about the guns. It’s about us.[/b]”[/i]

Why do I think this is NOT going to be the take-home message of his "documentary"?

MichaelMoore also wrote this lovely bit of trash right after 9-11:

[i]"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes’ destination of California - these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!"[/i]

Yeah, so it's better to kill trogledytic conservatives in Texas and Oklahoma than to kill progressive liberals in New York.

View Quote

Yes I think "ass-clown" is the proper term.  

Does he really think that we were attacked because of the actions of George Bush, Jr.?   Perhaps he should examine a calendar, the planning for this attack began years ago.  It was my understanding that we were attacked because of our support of Israel.  

Weren't the African Embassies bombed during the Clinton years?  If so, based on his logic they were bombed to get back at Clinton. Which may make sense since he did fire cruise missiles at Ossama.

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
He is no doubt an ass-clown.  However, he is definitely an ass-jockey too.  One who rides asses while wielding a riding crop.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#8]
====
In the film this history is told by means of a South Park-style cartoon made by the animator Harold Moss to Moore's script. It culminates with the National Rifle Association being established to sell guns to whites only.
====

Ironic, since the NRA was founded by Union officers after the Civil War, and has never discriminated based on race.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]

“There are 7 million guns in 10 million households in Canada,......” Moore says.
View Quote

Huh?
I don't get it. So  does each one of those households own .7 guns?

Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
McGredo

And ironic that he would rip of the style of South Park.  Those guys are conservatives who would and do puke all over liberals in the cartoon.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

“There are 7 million guns in 10 million households in Canada,......” Moore says.
View Quote

Huh?
I don't get it. So  does each one of those households own .7 guns?

View Quote

Yes, .7 is correct.  that is why they don't kill each other.

michael moore is a ass clown puke, wasting good oxygen.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I wondered what was going to happen to this movie since poor Michael's thesis was destroyed by 19 men armed only with boxcutters.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top