Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 9:48:12 AM EDT
Link to memo by Coleen M. Rowley
Special Agent and Minneapolis Chief Division Counsel. Very interesting reading indeed...
[url]http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020603/memo.html[/url]

It's almost as if some folks at FBI headquarters deliberately sabotaged the effort to unravel a terrorist plot. They certainly could not have done a better job if they tried.....
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Things are starting to smell.

Link Posted: 5/28/2002 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe she's just trying to cover her own ass.  Who knows though, but most of this crap is just finding the errors and hoping we learn to better evaluate information.

" 4) In one of my peripheral roles on the Moussaoui matter, I answered an
                                            e-mail message on August 22, 2001, from an attorney at the National
                                            Security Law Unit (NSLU). Of course, with (ever important!) 20-20
                                            hindsight, I now wish I had taken more time and care to compose my
                                            response. When asked by NSLU for my "assessment of (our) chances of
                                            getting a criminal warrant to search Moussaoui's computer", I answered,
                                            "Although I think there's a decent chance of being able to get a judge to
                                            sign a criminal search warrant, our USAO seems to have an even higher
                                            standard much of the time, so rather than risk it, [b]I advised that they
                                            should try the other route."[/b]

In the end she makes an assertion that she does not back up and in fact I have heard this disputed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top