Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 9:40:39 AM EDT
Anyone in North Carolina (or anywhwere else for that matter) happen to visit Ft. Bragg on Friday the 24th for All American Week?

I went to visit a few friends in Fayetteville and to see the Joint Readiness Training Exercise at the Sciliy Drop Zone on Friday - quite a show.

The 82nd set up a nicely done display with nearly all of their weapons systems available for visitors to handle and droole over. The SAW, the M240, TOW AT missles, M4s you name it, they were there.

They even had a set up with around 10 M4s outfitted with blanks and the laser targeting system for all of us civilians to try our hand at shooting the M4 weapons systems at 2 or 3 poor Joes who must have pissed somebody off; obvious by the fact they were running around as targets for the entire morning. Perhaps the greatest sight were the many 5-10 year olds shooting the M4. Got a picture of a boy about 5 years old squeezing off a few rounds though the gun was as tall as he was Talk about pissing off a liberal - it was great. I plan on pinning the picture up somwhere.  

ALL of the Joes who participated (aside from the SAW man) had the flattop M4 with a small optical sight and an infared dot aiming system to be used with there NVDs.

As for the actual drop, it was fun to watch and I am quite confident that the Air Force and 82nd will be able to seize any airport they want when they are called into action.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top