Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 8:20:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess would be that due to lead content it is restricted in Kalifornia.  You never know when one of those guys might start eating the weight and die of lead poisoning.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ya, some guy might wrap the weight in leather therefore making a deadly, illegal, fellonious slapjack.

But then you might have to ban pens that contain springs.  You could put a bunch together to make a deadly spring billy.  Nike will have to go.  Postban leather shoes can be used to complete the spring billy.  You will have to dye it black unless it's already black.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Waldo,

It may be illegal in most of California.  However, since it is inserted into the "Buttstock" it can be legally shipped to the San Fransico area for entertainment purposes only[sex]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell you a funny one.

I am very used to seeing "Cannot be shipped to California" in my firearm catalogs.

Well I'm flipping through a tool catalog and I see "Cannot be shipped to California." Turns out leaf blowers, etc. are also BANNED in Kali.

What the hell are the gang members gonna kill each other with now?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Most likely DPMS is too lazy to put the CA required hazardous materials stickers on their weights, so they chose not to deal with CA at all. I just ordered a Ray Vin weight from Brownell's and it was covered with the little yellow stickers.

Anyway, the lead isn't restricted, it just has to be marked so kids won't mistake it for a lollypop.

As far as the leaf blowers, many cities have banned them or required new, quieter four-stroke models.

Many CA suburbs are densely populated and perhaps 50% of the residents hire gardeners. In the nicers areas everyone has a gardener. How would you like hearing blasting 2-stokes every Saturday and Sunday all day long?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
FUCK COMMIE-KALIFORICTION
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
FUCK COMMIE-KALIFORICTION
View Quote

Yup, it makes good business sense to ignore a market consisting of close to 35 million consumers.

Actually, last time I looked Las Vegas was turning into another Los Angeles, so it's not long before your state resembles CA, albeit on a much smaller and less significant scale.

That being said, I still enjoy dumping brass outside Reno from time to time. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Sportsmans Guide used to have the "no sales to kalifornia" truck label on the SKS stripper clips and Precision Reloading refuses to sell lead shot to kalifornia too!

Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, some people would rather lose the sale than read the law. I buy lead shot, albeit buckshot, from Sportsman's Guide, Cheaper Than Dirt, Kiesler, etc., all the time and have never had any problems.

I buy FALs from Entreprise and ARS, yet DSA is still paranoid to sell in CA. In fact, last summer they were selling in CA but changed their minds again for the 3rd time this spring.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, all those people who don't want to deal with thousands of BS laws are just plain lazy.

Mattja, you obviously have pride in your state and community, but they appear to have made state laws about leaf blowers and bulk lead.....

How is it possible to work on defending ones right to free speech, religion, defense/offence, search and seizure etc... when the bureaucrats/politicians are busy limiting leaf blowers and bulk lead.

Work on changing it if you can please.  Defending lunacy only breeds more lunacy.  I'll also keep working  on the idiots in my little section of paradise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top