Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2001 11:45:09 AM EDT
I need some help here,
I am offered a Kimber Ultra-Carry .45 in black for my HK USP .45 compact, also in black. Both are used, and would rate 90 to 95%. The gun will be my daily CC piece. Go for the Kimber, or stick with the HK? Sound Off!
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep the HK
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 11:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
HK. In your position, I would keep the HK, because it has a recoil reducer built in, and the polymer will allow you to carry it with less fatigue. It's a bit wider, so if you can't conceal it well now, go with the skinnier Kimber. I have a full size USP, and a Kimber Pro Carry(4" bbl.) and for working I would rather have any HK than any 1911. That said, go with what works for you. Have you shot an Ultra Carry? It may or may not be to your liking.

Price wise, this is about even-up. The Kimber is possibly worth a bit more, but not enough that you could actually make money by selling it and buying another USP. Kimber might be worth 50-$75 more at the very most, but go with what you can shoot well. If you're used to the USP, and like it, stick with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Monetarily, it's an even trade. As for the guns involved, I would personally rather have the Kimber both because I have had very good experiences with the Kimbers I have owned and because the Kimber is a thinner, smaller gun and easier to carry if that is your main purpose.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#4]
How many mags are involved in the trade?
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two full size USP 45s....keep the H&K....I have also owned my share of modified Colt Race and combat guns and Sigs...HK beats them all...

Quoted:
I need some help here,
I am offered a Kimber Ultra-Carry .45 in black for my HK USP .45 compact, also in black. Both are used, and would rate 90 to 95%. The gun will be my daily CC piece. Go for the Kimber, or stick with the HK? Sound Off!
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mr Spock:
Keep the HK
View Quote

Like he said    [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Ditto.  For a CC weapon, the HK's the better choice.

Eric The Hun
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ditto.  For a CC weapon, the HK's the better choice.
View Quote

Well, not really.  Just going by size, the HK is MUCH bigger all around.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Mr Spock:
Keep the HK
View Quote

Like he said    [sniper]
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top