Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2002 12:43:07 PM EDT
An armed civilian of Israel shot the driver of a car bomb, Witch then detonated. I just saw this on FOX new.

This should be a NRA commercial. They got the whole thing on security camera tape from the store the man worked at.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:48:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link?
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't found a link yet I just saw it on a FOX news update on the television. Sorry I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
[shock] IMAGINE THAT! WE CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO ARM OUR PILOTS THEN![;D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,53606,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 12:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
You know, I wonder if El Al, the Israeli national airline arms its pilots?

Now that would be a good question to ask!

El Al hasn't had an airline hi-jacking since 1971!

And two of the four perps on that plane were killed by Israeli security men on board.

Hmmm, El Al pilots probably don't [u]need[/u] to be armed, but I'd bet they are!

Eric The(SeeHowTheProsDoIt!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#6]
ETH..."Hmmm, El Al pilots probably don't need to be armed, but I'd bet they are!"  I would be throwing money away betting on that one![;)]

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]
All El Al pilots are in fact armed. This is where Americans pilots got the idea of carrying weapons to begin with. Too bad we don't follow their lead. Seems to have worked well there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 1:15:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You know, I wonder if El Al, the Israeli national airline arms its pilots?

El Al hasn't had an airline hi-jacking since 1971!

And two of the four perps on that plane were killed by Israeli security men on board.
View Quote

ETH, AFAIK the El Al flight crews have been armed since at least the early 70's, maybe longer. I was told this while I was in high school way back in the mid 70's by my history teacher (who btw was Jewish and had served in the IDF way back when).
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[shock] IMAGINE THAT! WE CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO ARM OUR PILOTS THEN![;D]
View Quote

Of course not because if we armed them they might actually prevent a hijacking [;D]
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#10]

excerpt from the article:
[b]Security guard Eli Federman said he saw the car turn sharply and race toward the club. He pushed clubgoers inside and opened fire, hitting the attacker, who fell from the car, which burst into flames.

"Then I fired the rest of the bullets into his head," killing him, Federman said. [/b]

man, you gotta love that guy!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top