Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2002 5:36:29 PM EDT
Got this letter in the mail, this is word for word..

"May 16, 2002

Cody XXXXX

As part of the Association's routine audit procedures, a sample of customer accounts was selected at random for examination of Automated Clearing House direct deposits. This clearing house handles direct deposits for the Social Security Administration, Civil Service and other public retirement funds, coporate payrolls, and other sources of preauthorized recurring deposits. According the Association's records, your checking or savings account XXXXXXX received a direct deposit from Automated Clearing House on May 6 2002. Please verify to our auditor, Kathleen Bernards, CPA that you:

Authorized direct deposits to this account, and
Received a pre-notification from First Federal Savings & Load prior to commencement of the first deposit.

A Postage-paid envelope is enclosed for your reply.

Thank you,

Rosita Seibel
Savings Operations"

The [b]only[/b] deposits for this account not being in person was one via ATM (a large amount), and PayPal deposits. I've done quite a few PayPal ones, and have usally gotten a thing in the letter stating "X deposit has been received, blah blah".

Think they made a mistake? Heh, maybe I'm a millionaire now, lol.. yea right...

So what's up with it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You only need to answer one question.
Where did you get your tax check from last year?  
View Quote

That shouldnt be a factor. I didnt even have that account open at least year's tax time... I havent even put a refund check in there.

What's up with it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I just called the bank, they werent open, so I went to their automated menu...

My balance was correct (I think..)

Hmmm... I'm not a millionaire :-(
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you get a paypal deposit on May 6, 2002. Sounds like some accounting agency is just verifying that the bank and/or Automated Clearing House is following proper procedure for making direct deposits.

--or--

The e-bay police are on to your "C-Mag 10 rounder made before 1994 $ 700" ads.

If you are nervous chuck it, what are they gonna do,send a CPA over to your house to rough you up?
View Quote

Never listed a beta C on ebay.. lol.. only sold one, and it was on these forums...

Ya, there are a couple withdrawls from Paypal that may have posted with the bank on the 6th.. very funny though.. I've been having lots of problems with my POS debit card they gave me too. $250 dollar limit is for "your protection" my ass. How about, for my F-ing inconvenince. I called the bastards a few times, and managed to get them to raise my limit to a whopping 50 dollars more, after I told them I got a "call bank" notice when buying a 300 dollar MO. Very pointless, since PO money orders cost .90 cents, so one for $300.90 would be crapped out. Some people are just dumb, I swear.

It's a checking account too, I mean the money MUST be in the account for it to go through.

I'll be switching back to Bank of America, but it's too bad their customer service blows... Everything else seems better, execpt for interest rates...

Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top