Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/29/2011 3:35:29 AM EDT
Picked one up two days ago- $269.95 plus tax. I'll take it out to the range this week and see how it shoots.  I know I need to pick up a stock extension, but is anyone for or against getting a bolt tube cover?

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I want one set up for 9mm Glock magazines.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
This one accepts Glock 17 and 19 mags.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
what ever you do, don't let anyone pull the trigger if the weapon is folded. You will screw shit up
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I can't offer any advice, but now you've got me Jonesin' for one of them again.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:43:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I use the bolt tube cover from http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/, it works fine and it's cheap.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:45:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Want one in both 9 and 40.  Looks like inexpensive fun.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:45:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I passed on buying one the last 3 trips to the gun store, but I couldn't pass up the price this trip.  The 40 S&W model was $10 more, but I figured the 9mm would be cheaper to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:47:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Damn good price.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 3:55:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
what ever you do, don't let anyone pull the trigger if the weapon is folded. You will screw shit up

Never heard this.  Are you sure you don't mean "don't pull the trigger when disassembled?".  If that is what you mean, nothing gets screwed up if you pull the trigger while disassembled, you just have to be able to figure out how to re set everything or send it back to the factory for them to do it for you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is untrue. Won't hurt a thing, well unless you do it with your finger over the firing pin hole, then it might give you a teeny dent in the end of your finger, which won't even hurt.

You can pull the trigger regardless of if the gun is folded or not. Just don't pull the trigger if you've got it disassembled, *THEN* you'll screw shit up. What'll happen is that the hammer, which is too far back to be able to reset with your finger, will get in the way of you reinstalling the bolt and weight or whatever that thing's purpose is. Trust me on this, I made the mistake of doing it. I had to get a broomhandle, which will conveniently fit down the tube, to reset the hammer, put it on safe, then reassemble.

OP, you'll find that the Sub2000 will be a surprisingly accurate and ridiculously fun little carbine. If you can still find it, that Radaway Green or Israeli SMG ammunition that was around for a while will turn that thing from a interesting little carbine, into a downright beastly little bastard.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 4:43:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Get an aftermarket front sight. The neon plastic OEM version sucks for anything beyond 10yds.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 4:54:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 4:59:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get an aftermarket front sight. The neon plastic OEM version sucks for anything beyond 10yds.

Mine worked great out to about 25 for about 2 mags. The front sight blade broke after that. Does anyone still make an aftermarket front sight?

Hi-point and AK front sights are popular mods.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 4:59:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 5:06:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard this.  Are you sure you don't mean "don't pull the trigger when disassembled?".  If that is what you mean, nothing gets screwed up if you pull the trigger while disassembled, you just have to be able to figure out how to re set everything or send it back to the factory for them to do it for you.

I did that on a p3at. Pulled the trigger with the slide removed. 2 months later I got it back from the factory.

Staying on topic, I really want a sub2000 that takes Glock mags.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 5:09:05 AM EDT
[#16]
That's a hell of a price! Purchased online or an actual store? I've been wanting the .40 version something fierce.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm very tempted to get one of these every time a thread like this comes up.
I think I'd have to make a lot of tacticool mods to it if I did pick one up, though. They don't look all that great from the factory.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 5:13:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

OP, you'll find that the Sub2000 will be a surprisingly accurate and ridiculously fun little carbine. If you can still find it, that Radaway Green or Israeli SMG ammunition that was around for a while will turn that thing from a interesting little carbine, into a downright beastly little bastard.

Interesting. Are there any warnings against subgun ammo or high-pressure loads in the Sub2000?

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Get the tube cover and stock extension from Tacti-Cool. I would not mess with the buffer. The charging handle cover is OK too but not really needed on yours as it has the redesigned knob.

I got shed of the stock FS and replaced it with a AK FS on my G-17 gripped weapon. The tutorial is on the KTOG site somewhere. Lots of info there so you can avoid the pitfalls of things like over tightening the FS blade and such.

Before you shoot it clean the tube as mine was filthy. I also polished the bolt with 0000 steel wool before I shot it and thus far it has run 100% even with the bulk pack stuff.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#20]
If I could find one of those for $269 Id buy it in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry but you wasted your money.
Most people just brush it off and dream up ways to justify their poor choice.
But that gun is junk and nobody needs to agree for it to be true.
I supervise shooters all day and see 100s of guns of every type you can imagine.
And sub 2Ks have a funny habit of leaving the range in more chunks than it arrived in.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:48:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Damn good price.

Tellin me!  I paid $275 for a used one about 5 yrs ago.  It came with a couple extra mags though!
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I supervise shooters all day and see 100s of guns of every type you can imagine.
And sub 2Ks have a funny habit of leaving the range in more chunks than it arrived in.

So which guns are good?  I bet you have a list.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#24]
I've had a few of those, great guns and that's a great price.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You are a funny guy
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Proof of that?
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:06:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This one accepts Glock 17 and 19 mags.

And don't forget the 33 rd. mags
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If I could find one of those for $269 Id buy it in a heartbeat.

Same here.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting. Are there any warnings against subgun ammo or high-pressure loads in the Sub2000?

Hot loads
I load up +P+ 9mm for mine and have no signs of case overpressure, and no issues with the gun either.

6+ grains of Titegroup behind a 147 grain Speer Gold Dot gives me 1250 fps out of the Sub 2000 long barrel!
That is better than .357 Sig ballistics!

This gun needs a non-light load to push the heavy bolt back with enough force to eject the case clear of the port or many FTE's occur.  Don't worry about hot loads with this peach!

Stock Extension
I would skip that piece.  It does not attach very securely so I don't trust it.  It sits in a box at my house.
OP - If you send me $10 for shipping & effort I will sent it to you.

Buffer tube Cover
I do recommend this, but not because it gets hot, just because it feels better on your cheek and raises your eye level.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Wow, I've owned mine since the federal ban as I remember paying out the ass for pre-ban 33 rounders for it. Many rounds through it, no pieces have fallen off it. Glad I got the exception to your rule. Oh no, wait. Buddy bought one two years ago, he has thousands of rounds through his. Still running like a top. O, so we got the only two good ones out there.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I have owned the 9mm that takes Glock mags since 2002. I like the Glock mag set up because I can use  the 33 rounders.

Never had a problem with mine. I also recommend the tube cover and stock extension..

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Good price OP.

For that I would get another one. Sold mine a while back.

Kel-Tec Sub2000 + 33 Round Glock Mags + Tuscon shooting = Profit.

ETA: Before I get bastardized for taking advantage of "panic buyers", I got an unsolicited offer that I simply couldn't refuse.

DP

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I've owned mine since the federal ban as I remember paying out the ass for pre-ban 33 rounders for it. Many rounds through it, no pieces have fallen off it. Glad I got the exception to your rule. Oh no, wait. Buddy bought one two years ago, he has thousands of rounds through his. Still running like a top. O, so we got the only two good ones out there.

No, I've got one of the three good ones.  Mine has never missed a lick.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:42:07 AM EDT
[#34]
269?

The guy who had these for sale at the last gun show here had them marked $399 down to $379.

That said they are great little toys.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I've got one of the three good ones.  Mine has never missed a lick.

Wow! Four exceptions to the rule!  Had mine for 2 years and 500 rounds or so and still in one piece.  Mines an accurate little bastard too!
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:51:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I have one and love it. I got the buffer, tube cover, and charging handle cover from tacticool products. I also put the stock extension on it, it fits me perfectly now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#37]
I've had mine for about 7 years now, no problems at all.

It shoots crappy wolf .40sw ammo all day. I wish it were in 9mm is about the only thing I would want differently and that was my fault in getting it in this caliber.

Picked it up for just under $300 at a gunshow 7 years back, takes .40cal Glock mags. I shortened the grip to take the smallest sub compact mags. Its my wife's trunk gun.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#38]
I bought the Glock 22 .40 version a few months ago NIB $299.

Lube it up good, mine had lots of FTF with the round getting jammed up on the feed ramp for the first 150 rounds until it got worn it. Now it's perfect.

It would even jam up when charging a round into the chamber. It was just really tight.

The trigger sucks, the front sight sucks, the pistol grip sucks and the stock suxs, but hey, it folds in half to 16 inches long and in most free states, you can carry it around in a computer case or laptop bag ( some states may require 10 round mags ) and be perfectly legal without a concealed handgun permit
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I've got one of the three good ones. Mine has never missed a lick.

Wow! Four exceptions to the rule! Had mine for 2 years and 500 rounds or so and still in one piece. Mines an accurate little bastard too!

Make that FIVE exceptions to the rule.  Two years and counting, shot everything from 95 grain frangibles to 158 gr Fiocchi.  Even stupidly shot some aluminum cased 147 gr stuff - yeah, some of the cases blew out but still managed to eject.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hot loads

I load up +P+ 9mm for mine and have no signs of case overpressure, and no issues with the gun either.

6+ grains of Titegroup behind a 147 grain Speer Gold Dot gives me 1250 fps out of the Sub 2000 long barrel!

That is better than .357 Sig ballistics!

This gun needs a non-light load to push the heavy bolt back with enough force to eject the case clear of the port or many FTE's occur.  Don't worry about hot loads with this peach!

Stock Extension

I would skip that piece.  It does not attach very securely so I don't trust it.  It sits in a box at my house.

OP - If you send me $10 for shipping & effort I will sent it to you.

Buffer tube Cover

I do recommend this, but not because it gets hot, just because it feels better on your cheek and raises your eye level.

Thanks for the info! This gun is becoming more and more interesting to me...

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 8:37:44 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Picked one up two days ago- $269.95 plus tax. I'll take it out to the range this week and see how it shoots.  I know I need to pick up a stock extension, but is anyone for or against getting a bolt tube cover?

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i384/SpookyJ/IMG_2729.jpg

I've always been interested in those.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i384/SpookyJ/IMG_2729.jpg

I'd be all over a deal like that, I've wanted one of those for years.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Get the tube cover and stock extension from Tacti-Cool. I would not mess with the buffer. The charging handle cover is OK too but not really needed on yours as it has the redesigned knob.

I got shed of the stock FS and replaced it with a AK FS on my G-17 gripped weapon. The tutorial is on the KTOG site somewhere. Lots of info there so you can avoid the pitfalls of things like over tightening the FS blade and such.

Before you shoot it clean the tube as mine was filthy. I also polished the bolt with 0000 steel wool before I shot it and thus far it has run 100% even with the bulk pack stuff.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/293vcsm.jpg

http://oi54.tinypic.com/1zbx6vs.jpg

nice sticker!

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Buffer tube Cover

Eye level can be a plus or minus, I found with the tube cover that I could not get a comfortable sight picture since my eye level was raised up slightly.  I was surprised it made such a difference, but I had to take it off.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#45]
You can decide for yourself what's good and what's not.
But guns that are unsafe and have a high failure rate should be inthe running.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Its not job to provide you with proof.
In fact I'd love to sell you one.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You can decide for yourself what's good and what's not.
But guns that are unsafe and have a high failure rate should be inthe running.

I have one and love it.  Its not a highly refined gun but its great for its purpose.  Decent power due to the longer barrel, accurate at moderate ranges, extremely lightweight, and best of all it folds into such a small package that you can fit it into a laptop bag or small backpack.  I have probably put 2000 rounds through it and had no problems.  YMMV

What are you talking about when you say "unsafe"?
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So in your world two guns constitutes some type of statistical proof?
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Its not job to provide you with proof.

In fact I'd love to sell you one.

So you're just spouting off random BS without proof?

Obvious gunshop guy is obvious..

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Barrel is pressed into a plastic receiver, that's all you need to know.

But if you want more the sights are not usable they're so bad.

GL
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top