Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 9:02:19 PM EDT
How do I take the regular stock off of the Bushmaster 16" Carbine and replace it with a different one?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of different stock?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#2]
1) Separate form the upper.

2) Push down the "Buffer Detent" located inside the lower toward the back.

3) Take out the top screw on the back of the stock.

4) Slide stock off of the "Buffer Tube" (watch out for the "Buttstock Spacer" it will be loose in the stock.

5) Unscrew the "Buffer Tube" with by using a wrench on the back of the tube. (make sure the "Buffer Detent" does not go flying)

6) When replacing the buffer tube, make sure you screw it in far enough to hold the "Buffer Detent" in place.

I hope this helps.  [:D]

Have fun
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
First slide the takedown pin out and flip open your gun, hold the buffer back and take out the buffer retainer pin and spring (You dont have to but they will pop out if you dont) now start unscrewing the stock, and when you are about to get it off watch out for the takedown pin detent spring, (right under where your stock unscrews) cause its going to want to pop out. thats it, your done
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops!! firearmtom beat me to it! we must have been typing at the same time!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#5]
OK,OK...I get the message TROJANBAN![stick]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you try it yet???

How did it go??
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you try it yet???

How did it go??
View Quote
No..but thanks for the info. I work with and am a shooting buddy of TrojanBan. I bought a wantabee collapsable for my post ban. I haven't put it on cause I didn't have time [know how]. At least that was my excuse.[rolleyes] Every time we go shoot TrojanBan hassles me about the stock...soooooo[moon]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I figured maybe if I posted the question on here it would get Deadeye47's rear in gear as he has had the thing for like a year and hasn't put it on yet!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The more you take these things apart, the easier it gets.

They are really very simple guns.

And it is fun to do also.  [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top