Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 3:55:28 PM EDT
The international community is asking for thousands of tons of food again. I'm sure their army isn't missing to many meals. Why do we keep bailing out these "people"? They hate us. They threaten us. They tortured our men of the Pueblo. Should we make them trade their guns for food? Or just feed the f*ckers and continue the cycle?
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:01:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2002 4:02:03 PM EDT by SigBlueStar]
Only if the south gives us some k2 for helping their northly brothers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:42:57 PM EDT
Why do we keep bailing out these "people"? They hate us. They threaten us. They tortured our men of the Pueblo.
View Quote
I happen to agree with you, but I'll play devils advocate here. The fact of the matter is a starving country is a dangerous country. Once widespread starvation takes place, the N. Koreans will have little choice but to invade S. Korea (a much more advanced and richer nation) for their food and natural resources. By feeding the N. Koreans we are avoiding another conflict in the region. Personally, I say to hell with them. We should not be the world's policeman and food supplier for all countries in need while we still have starving people in our own nation...
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 4:52:10 PM EDT
(My son-in-law is some where along the DMZ.) North Korea cannot feed its people. The North Korean government wants to remain in power regardless of the human costs. China, and to a lesser degree Russia, still complicate this situation. With our military assets at present levels we could have some difficulty if say we were engaged with Afghanistan/Iraq/ Iran and the North Koreans made their move. The idea is to give food for concessions. I'm betting we're giving the food and receiving few concessions from North Korea.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 5:46:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:17:45 PM EDT
Uh Oh, N. Korea Is Starving Again
View Quote
[beer]
Top Top