Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2002 4:09:43 PM EDT
I had not been able to use it since I got it until last Sunday.  I drove up to a gun club in Eaton Ohio to sign up, and while I was there I entered some kind of tournament.  I didn't really know what I was doing, but I thought, heck, for $10 why not?  It'll be intresting to see how I do.  Before then I had never shot a rifle other than a .22, and the only other gun I had ever fired was a shotgun.  I have probably only fired about 150 .22 rounds and 100 shotgun rounds in my life.  In the tournament, there are four areas to shoot from, each closer than the last one to the cardboard targets.  I had 150 seconds.  I went prone behind a cable spool, shot eight targets at about fifty yards, changed magazines, ran to the next spool which was about the same distance and shot the same eight targets, changed magazines, ran to another area which was an L-shaped piece of cardboard with windows that was about 40 yards from the targets, shot four new targets and four of the old targets, letting only one live target be in view at a time, changed magazines, ran to another area about 25 yards from the targets, and shot sixteen targets and tried not to hit hostages.

I missed the hostages, and got 157 out of 200 points.  I was pretty happy with that score considering that it was my first time.  I did not even get to try out the gun first.  The first shot I ever fired was the first shot of the tournament.

Oh yeah, and it was fun too!

But I went 19 seconds overtime.  :-(
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that sounds like a great event!!

Wish we had things like that here[:(]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#2]

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to see another, Ohio shooter having fun with AR's. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome! Sounds like you did great for your first time.

So I guess you're pleased with the AR15? [:)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top