User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2002 6:45:21 AM EDT
How many weapons did/do you have to clean as a result of it?  [:D]

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 6:51:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Just my .45

Shot an IPSC match on Saturday..

Mind you in Canada it is a long weekend and my ARs are calling my name!!

I think I might take my son and the neighbours kid out to the range.

The poor little shit has never shot a gun before and he is 11!!

A far cry from my 9 year old who "owns" one of the ARs.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 6:53:11 AM EDT
[#2]
2-AR uppers, one 45acp 1911.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Test fired my M1 this weekend.  First shot scared me... ripped the rim right off the case.  I thought the gas port might be a little big, causing the op rod to move too fast.  I tapped the case out using a steel rod.  After that, it cycled fine.  There was oil seeping out of everything on the front end.  I'm betting the guy that I bought it from had oiled the gas cylinder.  I knew the BBL was pretty shot out, and the muzzle sucked, so I didn't expect it to hit the broad side of a barn, but it did all get on paper at 100 yards.  About a 6 inch group with a couple flyers, all about 4 inches to the right.

Link Posted: 5/20/2002 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I know how you felt, M1QJ...

I recently acquired a Swedish M96 and a Mosin Nagant M91/30.  Shot both for the first time.  I lack the bolt tool for the Nagant, so I was "guessing" on the amount of firing pin protrusion and hoping against a face full of hot gas (or worse yet, a bolt to the forehead or a receiver explosion!).  There certainly is a lot of tension behind pulling the trigger on that very first round in an old milsurp rifle, that's for sure.

On the plus side, both of these rifles I'm certain outshoot me - best I could do with 'em offhand was approximately 6" groups at 50 yards with a slight breeze.

Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on my updated prescription for my contact lenses that will hopefully remove the fuzziness associated with my astigmatism.

s0ulzer0, myself, and my fiancé's father got together on Sunday and shot quite a bit.  Between the three of us, we have a total of 9 to clean - 3 ARs, 1 AK, 1 Sig P226, 1 M96, 1 M91/30, 1 SxS 12Ga, 1 Ruger 10/22.  Fortunately, the bulk is in s0ulzer0's corner...  [;)]

...and I learned that a 7.62x54R round will not only go through a 1/4" steel plate, but it will core the sumbitch, too!  [:D]

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Just 2 AR Carbines.  I brought my brother out to meet Ronin45 and the gang, and I had to sight in my new Aimpoint. [:D]

Almost 1000 rounds later, I'm happy to report I'm all sighted in, and my brother is a natural with an AR.  Honestly I can't believe how much I shot yesterday.  One of the crew brought out a steel plate target, set it at 100 yards, and I was in plinking heaven.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just 2 AR Carbines.  I brought my brother out to meet Ronin45 and the gang, and I had to sight in my new Aimpoint. [:D]
View Quote

You too?  [:D]

We sighted in 2 red dots and a scope over the weekend.  Once my grouping accuracy with iron sights improves, I'll bother with drifting the front sights on my M96 and M91/30 to "officially" zero them.  For now, though, it's just fun plinking and making noise.

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Rifles:
AR, Daewoo, CETME
Handguns:
Colt 1911, P-14, Daewoo 9mm

Had alot o' fun[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top