Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2002 4:32:29 AM EDT
Will Florida ever decriminalize pot? Do you think they should? Why/why not?

[url]www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=13059[/url]

"Jodi James is a 34-year-old single mother of two, a Democratic candidate for the Florida House of Representatives and a marijuana smoker. James, who made a point of disclosing her marijuana use at the Florida state Democratic convention, is one of a growing number of people who believe it's time for pot smokers to step forward and challenge their negative stereotype."
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:48:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no problem with people smoking pot.  I personally don't, but I feel that you can do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.   I will do what I want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

All you have to do to satisfy me is follow the same rules that drinkers do.  Or errrrr the rules that drinkers are supposed to.

Link Posted: 5/19/2002 4:54:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

"Jodi James is a 34-year-old single mother of two, a Democratic candidate for the Florida House of Representatives and a marijuana smoker. James, ... is one of a growing number of people who believe it's time for pot smokers to step forward and challenge their negative stereotype."
View Quote
My negative steroetype remains affirmed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it being illegal is as rediculous and pointless as prohibition was.  I also never touch the stuff, and won't, but it just isn't a big deal.  You can also easily make the case that it is far less addictive than cigarettes.

I also believe very strongly that you should be able to do whatever you want so long as you don't hurt or infringe upon the rights of others.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want to smoke that shit at home then that's fine by me. But, I used to work with a couple of guys who couldn't get through a day of work without smoking their lunch. Actually , many of the upper management smoked too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top