Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2002 9:12:13 AM EDT
I know nothing of the proposed site, but if there is a building with a phone jack near anything that will be interesting during the BRC, it would not be too difficult to set up a live web cam for the folks to view now and then who cannot make it. Anyone who is in the area or seen the site have any comments? Most small local ISPs would gladly donate a 3 day dial up connection for some free advertising. Then all we need is a PC and web cam that is FTPing new pics to the server every minute or two.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Would love to see that happen! Can't be there, but it would ease the pain to have that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#3]
come on guys, let's hear from others on this!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to be able to log in & check out the BRC via the web. Seems the PTB have no interest.
Goat?? Anti? Grin?
echo6
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
My health is keeping me from BRC, I would love for this to happen!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Let's hear it guys and gals!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#7]
A live cam would not be possible due to bandwith limitations at the BRC location, but frequent updates ([i]maybe 2-3 times daily[/i]) are definately in the cards.
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A live cam would not be possible due to bandwith limitations at the BRC location, but frequent updates ([i]maybe 2-3 times daily[/i]) are definately in the cards.
View Quote

Thanks, Anti!
Link Posted: 5/20/2002 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
If someone downloaded Webcam32 trial version, and ran it via dial-up connection, it wouldn't be too bad. If someone set it up right, you could use javacam push. This sends the image from the host PC to the web server. The bandwidth limitations would be minimal there, but the problem would be with the number of people downloading the image at the same time off the web server. Still, I don't think it would be too bad. Even a 5 second refresh would be quite interesting.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 3:25:06 AM EDT
[#10]
The BRC is going to be so large, and spread out over 3 huge locations... The only location with the potential for dialup access is going to be at the primary location where all of the vendors are.

As I mentioned, we'll be posting updates as often as time permits, but we also have a convention to run!
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#11]
If anyone that's going (Goaty?) is bringing a laptop with dialup capability, maybe we could post some pictures daily to to board. Just a thought...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top