Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2002 8:22:14 AM EDT
How do you waterproof your maps? Do you laminate them, if so what type of business is able to laminate maps? Or do you just use a map case? How do you keep the map from moving (if you mark on the outside of the case).
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:23:16 AM EDT
Maps? I don't need no stinking maps! I'm a MAN. I don't get lost! lol
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:29:17 AM EDT
Personally, I use a map case. If I find a convenient way to laminate them that didn't crinkle up along the creases when you fold it, I think that would be a better choice, especially for the Olympic Peninsula!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:31:06 AM EDT
Garmin Vista GPS w/24megs of map space
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:36:00 AM EDT
Two words: Mapseal. The stuff goes on all my maps and they are then put in a mapsafe.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:47:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HKer: How do you waterproof your maps? Do you laminate them, if so what type of business is able to laminate maps? Or do you just use a map case? How do you keep the map from moving (if you mark on the outside of the case).
View Quote
Its called Con-Tact clear laminant, you can get it at Wal*Mart for about $5 a roll. Jake
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:56:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By kindstranger: Two words: Mapseal. The stuff goes on all my maps and they are then put in a mapsafe.
View Quote
How does it work? Doesn't it come in a bottle and you have to brush it on? If so does it dry evenly or does it have an uneven/rough surface?
Top Top