[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]
ComputerGuy

Good to read that your cat is okay.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Good news, CG!!!

I bet it was a long night waiting, though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Computerguy, glad to hear your cat is ok.

Man, WTF is wrong with some people. I'm not that big into cats either, but goddamn folks have some class.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Good news CG!!  My friend, Nermal, treats me far better than my daughter.  If she could shoot, I would will HER my collection!!!  Will ATF take a paw print on a form 4??
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
CG, you are one lucky SOB.  $69 is peanuts compared to most of the vet bills I've had.  I've been down the $2,000 road too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:46:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good news CG!!  My friend, Nermal, treats me far better than my daughter.  If she could shoot, I would will HER my collection!!!  Will ATF take a paw print on a form 4??
View Quote

LOL...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of help could he possibly be looking for on this site with that problem?
View Quote

Oh, I don't really know.  Why does anyone come here with questions about things they don't know enough about?[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/huh.gif[/img]

Hmmm?   [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
View Quote
Quoted:
OK, took the kitty to the vet this moring... probably should have gone last night, but the only ones open were about an hour away. Cowboy hates car rides, and they usally turn out to be bad (read: puke fest)..

I took him first thing this morning.

Turns out he has some infection in his "poop track" (that is what they doctor called it!!!). He gave me some antibiotics (one liquid, one pill) that I have to give him twice a day, for a couple weeks.

They said he should be fine though!!!

Total cost was $69.00. Well worth it, and may times over.

Yay!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Weellll I didn't see anyone diagnose or give that advise!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is not a joke!!!!

... and [red]he started meowing as he does when I'm about to stick him in the garage.[/red]
View Quote

The first time I read it, I thought that this is what might have caused it. [;)]
View Quote

Heh.. I didn't catch that one the first time around.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats CG

Nurse your cat back to health then get it up in the attic to run off those damn birds.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#14]
[b]NOW[/b] that we know the cat is ok.......

Preheat oven to 425........

[beer]

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#15]
He bit my finger when I had to shove the pill down this throat. Didnt like the surenge type thing down this throat for the liquid, either...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Here is the best way to medicate a cat with a pill. Open can of tuna. Drain and save juice. If you do not like tuna, discard. Crush pill, mix in tuna juice. Suck tuna/medication up in the syringe. Grab cat on floor. Insert just the tip of syringe into the side of the cats mouth at it's rear most point. At the hinge so to speak. Depress syringe slowly, releasing liquid solution.

My cat gets daily meds and he actually "assumes the position" when I break out the tuna juice from the fridge. He loves it.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He bit my finger when I had to shove the pill down this throat. Didnt like the surenge type thing down this throat for the liquid, either...
View Quote

THE [b]THROAT[/b].
That's good news. [;D]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#18]
good to hear your cat is going to be ok. here is a trick to giving a cat pills

1. put em between your legs on its back with his head near your lap

2. use your non pill hand to get the cats mouth open. press between its lips towards the back of its mouth and it will pop open and not be able to bite you.

3. time putting the pill at the back of its mouth. watch its tongue it will be working on getting its mouth closed. when the tongue is fully extended shoot the pill in and hold its mouth shut. the tongue will pull the pill half the way down and the kitty will do the rest

hope your cat feels better soon. I like cats more than 99% of the people out there.

Paper
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What kind of help could he possibly be looking for on this site with that problem?
View Quote

Oh, I don't really know.  Why does anyone come here with questions about things they don't know enough about?[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/huh.gif[/img]

Hmmm?   [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
View Quote
Quoted:
OK, took the kitty to the vet this moring... probably should have gone last night, but the only ones open were about an hour away. Cowboy hates car rides, and they usally turn out to be bad (read: puke fest)..

I took him first thing this morning.

Turns out he has some infection in his "poop track" (that is what they doctor called it!!!). He gave me some antibiotics (one liquid, one pill) that I have to give him twice a day, for a couple weeks.

They said he should be fine though!!!

Total cost was $69.00. Well worth it, and may times over.

Yay!!!!!!!!
View Quote

Weellll I didn't see anyone diagnose or give that advise!
View Quote

'Course not. How the HELL can you diagnose something like that on the internet?? Sure, it could be nothing. But the cat could also have had intestinal bleeding and be dead now. That was why most of us told him to get him to the vet ASAP!

STGar15,

Fine, you look at cats as disposable. Some people DON'T. Even if you can't understand it, at least you can respect it. I myself have been down the $2000 dollar vet bill road and I don't regret it ONE DAMN BIT.

CG, I'm very glad the cat is ok.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know I personally wouldn't appreciate this kind of post if I came here for help.

-legrue

View Quote

Q: Cat bleeding profusely out of ass; is that a problem?

A: Generally not that big of a deal.
A: Stuff a sock in it.
A: Do an emergency tracheotomy with a steak knife.

Or my standard answer to any of Imbroglio's many problems - "Use a tampon to stop the bleeding."
View Quote

I don't know. If you were bleeding profusely out of your ass, would you think it was a problem?

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoops I apologize got you confused with SGTAR15 ![>:/]
View Quote

Now how is that even possible...[;)]

Is this critter still alive?
View Quote

Hey I plead temporarily deminished capacity , it was a late night on 3 hours sleep .
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
good to hear your cat is going to be ok. here is a trick to giving a cat pills

1. put em between your legs on its back with his head near your lap

View Quote

[size=4][b]Caution!!!   This is also a great way to get your cat pregnant![/b][/size=5][;)]

Sgtar15
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top