Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 3:24:39 PM EDT
Hi all

I was woondering what a fair price on a new or used glock 9mm.  i am thinking about getting one.  i think that the model is a glock 17.

thanks
lojack

btw  anyone in the dfw have one for sale?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:33:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Brand new via GSSF they were $399. I wouldn't pay more than $350. for a used one in MINT condition.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Well on a New Glock 17 a fair price from a dealer is $500 plus or minus $20. Make sure that you get 2 magazines with it. Most shops that sell them for less than 500 are only selling it with one mag. And then they make another $25 or more from selling that spare mag. Also consider getting one with Night Sites. They are alot cheaper factory installed. About $70 more. Adjustable sites are nice also but not as practical on a defensive gun. Adjustable sites should only be about $20 more.

As far as a used Glock there are alot of things to take into consideration. The first one is what generation is it?
This is a Gen III Glock 17 [img]http://www.glock.com/g17.jpg[/img]

Notice it has an Accesory Rail under the front end of the gun. Also it has finger grooves on the grip. Gen II Glocks dont have the Rail but do have finger grooves. Gen I Glocks have neither of these options. A Gen III in Good condition is worth about $400. Gen II $350 and Gen I $300. Other factors to figure in are the accesories that come with it. A pre 94 Hi cap magazine that holds 17 rounds instead of 10 can be worth up to $90 dollars. So this factors in big time.

Go over to [url]www.glocktalk.com[/url]
And  [url]http://handguns.ar15.com/[/url]

Make sure to handle the Glock before you buy one, some people dont like the way it feels and therfore cant shoot well with it. This is where alot of the negative stuff comes from concerning the Glock. If you do like the grip DO NOT let ANYONE talk you out of the Glock. IT IS the best handgun devised.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently purchased a NIB Gen 3 Glock 17 for $459 from Cedar Valley Outfitters.  Very reasonable price. [url]www.cedarvalleyoutfitters.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#6]
wow thanks for the info  there is a guy in the paper asking for 475.was thinking about getting, but nnow he has to come down on the price if he wants to sell it.

thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I paid $465 for a factory Glock-17 refurb and 2 non-drop free hi-cap mags. This was in '95 I think, and have 4 more hi-cap drop free mags.
Never really shoot the thing, kinda been sitting on it all these years.

EDIT because I need to learn to spell properly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I should mention I also paid $250 for 2 NIW DF and 1 new NDF Glock 17 hicap mags.  They are getting quite pricey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top