Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2002 3:54:09 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/683993/posts[/url]
what public schools are doing to our young boys....
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Give me a FCKN break!

The game violated the school's zero-tolerance policy against violence, she told them. The students signed an agreement earlier in the year saying they would follow school safety rules.
View Quote

Uh, don't you have to be about 18 to legally enter a binding contract/ agreement?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I couldn't believe it when I heard this on the radio.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I guess they will want to ban "assault fingers" next as it is the next true security threat to our schools...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
And they weren't even playing that horrible and politically incorrect playground game, "Cowboys and Indians.

They were playing the politically "corrected" version, "Army and Aliens".  Or maybe the school principal thought aliens referred to illegal aliens. [rolleyes]

Yes, stupidity seems to have set in like a cancer in the state where I was born and continue to live.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't even have the words...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:33:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Where does this BS stop? Do we teach children to walk with their arms at their sides, make no eye contact or facial expression? Improper thoughts will be punished next.....

This PC bullshit really pisses me off!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
From this I would take it that GI Joe action figures would be grounds for expulsion for the remainder of the year!

What a crock of horseshit!!!

Jake
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#8]
this is awesome:
------------------------------

Principal - "Thank you for coming, Mr. Flagg"

R.F. - "What can I do for you?"

Principal - "Well, your Son, Lancaster, was playing some kind of game on the playground. Apparently, he was with friends acting like "Alien Hunters" and shooting each other with pretend guns."(holds index finger and thumb up)

R.F. - "................And?"

Principal - "Well, we don't feel that this is appropriate behavior. it was very dramatic."

R.F. - "............AND?!"

Principal - "They've been disallowed from playground activities for a week."

R.F. - (turns to Son) "Is what she says true?"

Lance - (Sobs)"Yes, Daddy"

R.F. - "OK. Now son, there are some people in this world called "Liberals". These people seem to think that they have the obligation to control everything and everyone that they don't agree with. If they are close to failing at this, then they try to hurt them in whatever way that hurts the most."

Principal - "Mr. Flagg, I really---"

R.F. - "Excuse me, but were any of your Grandparents in World War Two?"

Principal - "Yes, I had a Grandfather that---"

R.F. - "OK, did you ever think that your Grandpa, and the other men who bravely saved this world from the Nazis played "Cops-And-Robbers", or, "Cowboys-And-Indians" in their school's playgrounds?"

Principal - "I can't really speak for---"

R.F. - "Did you know that if they didn't learn how to simulate combat situations in their youth that they'd be baffled at the thought of warfare? And, the possible result would be that you'd be speaking German and your parents would be lampshades?"

Principal - "Sir, our playground---"

R.F. - "WAIT! Did you say this happened in a PLAY ground? Aren't kids supposed to PLAY in these places?"

Principal - "It was a display of violent---"

R.F. - "Did you think that by not allowing kids to be kids by playing and letting loose the stresses of daily life that you might be creating the next Harris and Kliebold?"

Principal - "Well..."

R.F. - "Son, you and I are going hunting on Saturday. Then we're going fishing on Sunday. After fishing, we'll go home and get cleaned up to go out for all the pizza and sodas you want. Ma'am, please get all the paperwork I need to sign to get my Son away from your Communist indoctrination that some might call a school. What you have done here is immoral and wrong and my son will have no more of it."

Principal - "Hunting?? Do you have GUNS in your home??"

R.F. - "More than I need, less than I want."
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Read the post about the boy and the spitball, that ought to get you steaming. Thank god I am not in grade school. I would have most likly going to prison with todays rules. Only in America can we do stupid sh%t like this. No wonder the real criminals cant be caught, while little boys are getting in trouble for being "little boys".
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:24:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm surprised they didn't make the boys watch a few episodes of "Will and Grace" just to try and get their minds right.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#11]
We could just solve the whole problem and have them neutered when they enter kindergarten. [pissed]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Hence, I will be homeschooling my 3 boys.    

I will get them toy swords and shields and armor, they will learn gun safety and how to shoot, camping, fishing, hunting, etc.  They will definitely be allowed to act like boys (heck, I might even be the "robber" that they get to shoot).
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't even have the words...
View Quote

Diddo
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
this is awesome:
------------------------------

R.F. - "Son, you and I are going hunting on Saturday. Then we're going fishing on Sunday. After fishing, we'll go home and get cleaned up to go out for all the pizza and sodas you want. Ma'am, please get all the paperwork I need to sign to get my Son away from your Communist indoctrination that some might call a school. What you have done here is immoral and wrong and my son will have no more of it."
View Quote

[b]And THAT is the correct response!![/b]
When they lose a student, they lose $$....a lot of it!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#15]
What the hell is happening to this great country of ours!!! [:(!] Let the kids be kids!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Ive got pics of me at around 7 years of age with a cylinderless 7" SuperBlackhawk. I set up bunker with chairs and blankets to shoot the bad guys on TV.

Shit, now-a-days If I would have told other kids or the teachers of my playtime at home, my old man would have been haulded in by social services.
Guns were a big part of my life growing up (and still are). I am not a criminal or somekind of sub-human because of that.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I guess they will want to ban "assault fingers" next as it is the next true security threat to our schools...
View Quote

As long as you go "BANG, BANG!" with your finger, its allright.  But if you make a "Zip Zip" or "Pew, Pew" sound, that might constitute an illegal Class III finger suppressor that is punishable by the fullest extend of the law.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh yes, and your finger must exceed 3" in length, or else it is designated a Short-Barrel-Finger (SBF) that requires a federal form and $200...or at least all of your milk money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top