Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/15/2002 9:15:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:26:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Garryowen: [i]What the hell has happened since I've been gone? I saw about the goofiest mini-van ever and do you know what it was? An Army recruiter! Now I get word that on the “Britney Spears Fan Sites” have ads for the Army with Longbow helicopters….”No Fucking way” I indigently tell my young cousin and he proceeds to show me. Why are we pushing so hard to get non-deployable troops? I especially love the “Airborne” chicky you have on the web page, excellent idea, let’s train more non-deployable troops for things they will never be able to do. As a taxpayer I am pissed to see my money being spent to get more REMF’s in the Army instead of spending the money to build an Army or War Fighters. Mr. Clinton is no longer in charge; let’s grow a set of balls. Sincerely, Shawn M Nealon[/i]
View Quote
Don't beat around the bush; how do you really feel?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:34:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Garryowen: Got wind of a Mall Ninja sighting here: [url]http://www.efgforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=066639&p=[/url]
View Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH­AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (pissing in pants) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(co­nvulsions)HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(wife wedging spoon between my teeth) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH­AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! You AR15.COMMERS are so MEAN! [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:37:46 PM EDT
let’s grow a set of balls.
View Quote
Agreed. I had this discussion, about advertising to the wrong audience, with a NG recruiter last year when I was helping him with a Christmas party. I had seen a recruiting poster with a guy with a tatoo and an earing at the armory. I thought it was trying to reach the wrong audience. He disagreed, and said that was "the most fun audience to torture, err, train." He didn't smile when he said that. Those "chicky's" are in for a rude surprise.z
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:42:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:01:42 PM EDT
The Army's ad division has failed us in this regard-some recruits will always be shitbirds, no matter what, and recruiting the dregs of of the pop hysteria crowd, with their "Like, training to be a female fighter pilot, like [i]totally[/i] Rox! (Until you get pregnant and schelp out on your military) Ad campaign" is not going to improve these number, our or dedicated fighting personnel. It will certainly not bring the Elite Mall Security ranks any solidly experienced and dedicated veterans to carry out the credo to [b]Protect, Serve and Eviscerate[/b]-rather it will lead to a poorly prepared, poorly motivated U.S. military. Gecko45
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:19:35 PM EDT
WTF? I clicked on your link. A Britney Spears fan site? I ran like hell, before any teeny-bopper brain waves could begin liquefying my brain matter and steal my precious bodily fluids.[whacko]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:56:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Crookshanks: WTF? I clicked on your link. A Britney Spears fan site? I ran like hell, before any teeny-bopper brain waves could begin liquefying my brain matter and steal my precious bodily fluids.[whacko]
View Quote
I stand prepared to give her some of my precious bodily fluids.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:06:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By prk:
Originally Posted By Crookshanks: WTF? I clicked on your link. A Britney Spears fan site? I ran like hell, before any teeny-bopper brain waves could begin liquefying my brain matter and steal my precious bodily fluids.[whacko]
View Quote
I stand prepared to give her some of my precious bodily fluids.
View Quote
And at attention, no doubt.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:14:41 AM EDT
Damn they're paranoid. I tried to post a thank you note to Gecko, but they have to "approve" my registration. Incidentally, who is RussellXM15E2S@hotmail.com ?? Is he around on AR15.com? He posted on that thread that he was an armorer for a firearms manufacturer. Love to see the diversity in Britney fans. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:26:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:31:52 AM EDT
indigently
View Quote
Um, I think that you probably mean "indignantly." If there were such word as "indigently" it would probably mean "poorly." Anyway, good note.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:43:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman: You can post just about any kind of insane off the wall shit and they'll take you seriously. The things that most pisses me off about those people is their distorted perception of the world, current events, and politics...
View Quote
That's why I like Assweb and timebomb2K :)
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:55:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By hardcase:
indigently
View Quote
Um, I think that you probably mean "indignantly." If there were such word as "indigently" it would probably mean "poorly." Anyway, good note.
View Quote
Why are there KNUCKLEHEADNATZIES like you ragging on something like this?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:01:50 AM EDT
"Shoppers walking by Now they fight at half-off sale I fire my sub-gun" ---Mall Ninja That's freaking great. I love Mall Ninja haikus.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:23:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman: Actually, that is me and no I'm not a fan of Britney (I do think she is hot though). I've been trolling on that site for about a year and a half now. The people there are so stupid and naive, its like beating up on cripples. You can post just about any kind of insane off the wall shit and they'll take you seriously. The things that most pisses me off about those people is their distorted perception of the world, current events, and politics...they go off topic (not so much as they used to) and I would post one reply and usually the thread would die...not from being locked or deleted, just they couldn't handle the slap in the face of reality or logic. I agree with Garyowen, they aren't the kind of people I'd want joining the army. I was the one that called in Gecko45 for a fire mission on that thread, I figured if he could trick many of us into thinking he was for real for a while at least, he would do quite well on that festering cess pool of ignorance board.
View Quote
I agree with the points on the Army's ad campaigns. Would you or anyone expect any political itelligence from a BS (britney spears or bullshit, which ever way you want to interpret it) website like that? Can I assume the bulk of the members are 14 year old girls? "I cut lawns for a living." "I baby sit." "This summer, I...."
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:10:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:03:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SinistralRifleman: A suprising amount of the members on that forum are in the 17-22 year old range, and they are most often the ones, that talk about those sorts of matters. A good portion of that board is also male, I hope it's because they want to get into Britney's pants and not that they actually like her "music". The younger ones there just don't care.
View Quote
I'll take your word for it. So your NOT simply trying to pick up chix? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 11:59:25 AM EDT
Posted by bolt:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally Posted By hardcase: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- indigently -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Um, I think that you probably mean "indignantly." If there were such word as "indigently" it would probably mean "poorly." Anyway, good note. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Why are there KNUCKLEHEADNATZIES like you ragging on something like this?
View Quote
Um, bolt, old buddy, I think that you probably mean "knucklehead Nazis." And, no, that is not "ragging" & neither is this post. When I start "ragging" you [u]will[/u] know. I think that Garrryowen has taken much more severe criticism from others & handled it with much more grace than you are showing. I bet that he has a little thicker skin than that. Also, bolt, running words together & putting them in caps doesn't appreciably increase the effectiveness of your argument. It's just more poor writing. Next time don't hold back. Tell me what you really think. After all, it's most important that you feel good about yourself. At least that's what the liberals taught you before you even made it junior high this year, isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 12:17:40 PM EDT
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Funny! Looks like most Britney fans work at McDonalds heh. How do you like their sig lines, almost every fricken one quotes Britney lyrics, woah that is sooooo coool.
Top Top