Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 3:30:24 PM EDT
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waverunner%2FWaverunner%2D%26%2DThe%2DNuge%2Ejpg[/img]

Me, [b]Helldog40[/b], and anothe cop from my Precinct were at the corner of 46th St and 6th Ave at 8AM this morning to catch Ted Nugent who was doing a cooking/Bar-B-Q demonstration and promoting his new book [b]"Kill it & Grill It"[/b] on FOX News.

We all got a chance to talk to him for a short while, but the nicest part is when he took all of our personal contact info so that he gould get in touch with us the next time he's in NYC. He also gave us his direct contact info too. A real nice guy! Oh yeah the deer meat was great also. Now that I have his e-mail and phone #, I'm going to see if I can get him out to the BRC!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Work some magic, Waverunner!  I'd be great to have the 'Nuge at the BRC!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Wave! I didn't know you worked undercover!! Is that you in the glass's? [:D]  Saw him on fox this AM, hope the venison you had was done a little better than I saw! (We usually spit them over an open fire) Ted seemed to have a good atitude, seemed like a fun time was had.....
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Seems like you could have the courtesy to call the rest of us to join you... [:)]
View Quote

[b]I DID![/b]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I just shot an e-mail to Ted inviting him to the Black Rifle Convention. I also included a link to AR15.com and the BRC web Page! Let's see what happens...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, that is totally cool.

I got up real early this morning (PST) so I could watch Ted on Fox & Friends. It was worth it to hear him insult Hillary and refer to Anne Richards as a wench and imply she was blowing Mario Cuomo.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#8]
According to Mr. Nugent's "Gonzo Meat Biltong" package, Ted makes it a point to "testdrive all meat".  Did you see any of this going on?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Just saw him on TechTV talking archery:
[url]http://www.techtv.com/news/sportstech/story/0,24195,3384558,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#11]
This is definitely cool. Hurry up! Someone start an archery forum to welcome him if he finds time to stop in! Oh wait, better yet, someone send him a 2002 LEGP!

I saw him in concert a while back with Damn Yankees and Bad Company. There of course was a little bow-play and a Saddam likeness involved.

I rate him up there as far as stage performance with Angus and other "high energy" rockers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Much ado about a nobody. Ted Nugent probably needed the photo with you more than did with him. He's said a lot of really nasty things about Mexicans. I got a little weary of "Fred Bear" every deer season in Michigan. Worship him? No. You can only worship something greater than yourself. Like him? No. I saw him in concert in Saginaw Michigan. He spit on the crowd numerous times.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Ted certainly is opinionated. This morning on Fox & Friends he made a comment about fat people be ugly, and looking at his middle-aged midriff, I had to think he should look in the mirror once in awhile. But I still like him. he he
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:20:54 PM EDT
[#15]
He was at the Shot Show this year, seemed like a nice enough guy.

Wave - what are you, about 12? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Ya gotta love Uncle Ted. The whole "if you don't speak English turn around and get the f*#$ out" is classic. I had the honor of meeting him and getting my copy of his book signed this past year. Seen him live six times, no one else comes close. I mean, who the hell else would dedicate shows to certain cartridges? It was also a nice gesture when he dedicated his book to military and LEO's.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Did you ask him how he feels about evil "assault rifles?"

I'd be interested to know what he said.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Been Rocken on to the Nuge for waaaaaaay to long now. If you don't read his latest book, you MUST READ "GOD ,GUNS & ROCKNROLL" True North TED!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:22:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw him on David Letterman tonight promoting his book and cooking rabbit with Dave.  He's really making the rounds.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd be interested to know what he said.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

GBT, you must not know Uncle Ted very well. [;)]  He was on Sean Hannity's radio show the other day.  A guy called up and was talking about deer hunting with his HK 91. Ted instantly said "ah, .308, Good round.  See all the anti-gunners want to make people think you evil 'assault rifle' is for some reason more powerful than other rifles."  Ted is the read deal, no compromise.  Ted is definitely not half way in support of the 2nd.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:07:09 AM EDT
[#21]
grimshaw - Ted is a no compromise 2nd supporter who thinks the immigration enforcement in this nation sucks.  He wants to keep US from becoming a third world shithole due to the pandering to illegals.  I agree with him 1,000%.

Gonzo!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 2:43:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Grimshaw, it was Fred Bear who took Ted under his wing knowing that bowhunting would need a voice after he was gone, Ted has filled this void perfectly. He is no Fred Bear, but Fred's easy going way is not whats needed now, it's Ted's in your face way, hunting is under attack every day and an outspoken, well known personality like Ted is the perfect defender. I personally find it very maddening that many many well know public figures (both celebs and elected officials) that enjoy hunting and firearms are reluctant to take a more public stance. I hope that he will eventually replace Heston in the NRA when the time comes. The times for nice guys to be our spokesmen are long past. Also i have heard Ted on numerous occasions support "assault weapons" , he has said on many occasions that you can't defend yourself with a 3 shot deer rifle, etc. In closing if he makes controversial statements all the better, this has been the tactic used by many groups on the other side (peta, hsus, anti-gun lobbies, etc) it works for them, it will work for us.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#24]
He's right, Ted is hardcore support of any gun with a firing pin.  
He's Da' man.

Nice pic waverunner, I'm jealous.  Looks like a lot of fun though!

matt
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:45:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I know he's a busy guy, but how do we get Ted to start posting here?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey, Ray:  Remember what George Carlin said about lacrosse![;D]
View Quote

No, what did George Carlin say about "the fastest game on two feet?"

Also, I [b]AM NOT[/b] 12! I just act it sometimes. Don't you know all us Asiatic brothers look young and live to about 200?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Hey Waverunner! Did you pat the 'Nuge down to see if he was packing his Grock 20? His Grock gets a lot of airplay on his cable hunting show!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#29]
[img]http://www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waverunner%2FWaverunner%2D%26%2DThe%2DNuge%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]http://www.prairiegunworks.com/1d62cce0.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.prairiegunworks.com/1b82ce10.jpg[/img]

Ted doesnt have any other shirts?
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:24:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, at least it's a cool shirt.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well, at least it's a cool shirt.
View Quote

The last pic is from 1999.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Glad to see Ted making his rounds on the tube...

I saw him in concert in Philly many moons ago...
Thought he dropped off the earth for a few years...

Looks like he's coming back with both barrels now...

Ted is the 'kinda guy ALL gun owners need as thier spokesman...
He just oozes with common sense...
The NRA has been too soft for too long on gun issues, and NEEDS Ted to RUN the whole organazation...

He's very good with his choice of words during interviews too...

Personally, I like the NO Bullshit, in your face "Pro 2nd amendment" comments he sneaks into his interviews...

I hope he someday becomes the NRA President...

The NRA NEEDS TED NUGENT if they want any more contributions from me...
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:24:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Grimshaw, it was Fred Bear who took Ted under his wing knowing that bowhunting would need a voice after he was gone, Ted has filled this void perfectly. He is no Fred Bear, but Fred's easy going way is not whats needed now, it's Ted's in your face way, hunting is under attack every day and an outspoken, well known personality like Ted is the perfect defender. I personally find it very maddening that many many well know public figures (both celebs and elected officials) that enjoy hunting and firearms are reluctant to take a more public stance. I hope that he will eventually replace Heston in the NRA when the time comes. The times for nice guys to be our spokesmen are long past. Also i have heard Ted on numerous occasions support "assault weapons" , he has said on many occasions that you can't defend yourself with a 3 shot deer rifle, etc. In closing if he makes controversial statements all the better, this has been the tactic used by many groups on the other side (peta, hsus, anti-gun lobbies, etc) it works for them, it will work for us.  
View Quote

I'm laughing at that one! Ted Nugent, NRA President? The guy would be a better President of an eighth grade class. You would think that his maturity would quickly become an issue, but the first issue the press would take up is his racist stance. He's also not going to go over big with the Christian right, which is where the real power in the NRA is. Ted Nugent would split the NRA.
 Charlton Heston is a mature and respected man, which is rare in Hollywood. He needs to be replaced, in time, by someone who can bring support to the NRA. Heston kept a reign on his lip. You have to expect that from people in positions of responsibility. Nugent could never do that. " Its good to be back in Michigan and get into some of that goooood Michigan pussy!" (quote from a live concert I attended) Ted is cartoons.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Ted Nugent, NRA President? The guy would be a better President of an eighth grade class. You would think that his maturity would quickly become an issue, but the first issue the press would take up is his racist stance. He's also not going to go over big with the Christian right, which is where the real power in the NRA is. Ted Nugent would split the NRA.
 Charlton Heston is a mature and respected man, which is rare in Hollywood. He needs to be replaced, in time, by someone who can bring support to the NRA. Heston kept a reign on his lip. You have to expect that from people in positions of responsibility. Nugent could never do that. " Its good to be back in Michigan and get into some of that goooood Michigan pussy!" (quote from a live concert I attended) Ted is cartoons.
View Quote

All the more reason Ted get's my vote.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#36]

I'd be interested to know what he said
View Quote

Hahahaha, Now that is funny, on VH1 one evening Ted was showing this guy his Gernade Launcher. hahah Assault Rifles.

I'm laughing at that one! Ted Nugent, NRA President? The guy would be a better President of an eighth grade class. You would think that his maturity would quickly become an issue, but the first issue the press would take up is his racist stance.
View Quote

I think the Motor City Madman would make a great president for the NRA.  Ted's vigor should not be mistaken for immaturity.  If the guy didn't have real brains and a real good philosophy he wouldn't still be worth millions and millions of dollars. The guy has it going on.  As far as the press is concerned I am sure that Ted can more then handle the press.  He does not apologize for who or what he is. Unlike every frickin person in the press.

He's also not going to go over big with the Christian right, which is where the real power in the NRA is. Ted Nugent would split the NRA.
View Quote

Yes and Ted stood in front of his mammoth wall of stacks and fed back his guitar until he passed out on stage.  I think the only people that are going to give us a chance of securing our youth , ie, those young people in the early to middle teens, is to put someone in a leadership position that actually still appears to be a loud mouth (like them) a rebel (like they think they are) and flung in the face of tradition (because young people think they are different).  So Ted is a conservative person who is capable of tricking our youngsters into being right. That is a good thing. One thing is for sure, Ted has lived the life, and he is a good role model. He is not afraid to be what he is. He came from jack crap and now he is somebody and he damn sure has never apologized for that.  Nor should he.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Wouldn't it be funny if Blaze of Glory had really been Ted Nugent.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:39:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:41:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 1:49:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top