Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 7:59:19 AM EDT
DOH!!!!!

County taxes jumped last year and the mortgage company didn't see it coming.  I'm having to pay the increase for this year and the deficit from last year.  Twelve months of financial hell on the way, thank you very much....  uuuugghhhh....

Come on all you paranoid types out there - buy some of this potassium iodate I've got stored - 2001 production - $14 and shipping for 100 tablets.  The mortgage company will not take it as payment on last year's escrow deficit.  If you're in the DFW area, plan on coming to my garage sale in a couple of weeks.... bring your weapons to help "motivate" the buyers.

Not selling any guns - had to sell one last year - not this time!  FTW!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!(insane laughter)
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Let us in on the good stuff that you are going to sell. Or, you can let someone at the garage sell offer you 25% of the marked price.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#3]
What exactly would someone use potassium iodate for?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to mix drinks I'm betting...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
After reading MrsGunslinger58's post, I am reminded that my troubles are small.

Besides "trinkets", and clothes, I have a metric shitload of the following:

11x14" wooden picture frames - nib
neoprene mousepads - niw
5lb and 3lb Amerex, badger, and Kidd fire extinguishers - brand new (5 lb's inspected by local FD last year)
"American Lock" three wheel combination locks
steel cables and mounting brackets for above locks (cables used to secure pc's in office environment - 1/4" plastic coated cable)

Braun coffee maker, two vacuum cleaners, blah, blah, blah...

And the only thing even remotely list related - a pair of never worn Sportsman's Guide cheap Chinese felt lined/rubber waterproof cold weather boots - they weigh about 20 lbs apiece.... you wear other boots to walk to your stand and then put these two chunks of concrete on your feet.  SG sent me two pair and didn't want the other pair returned....

New S&W handcuffs used once - wife didn't like 'em... I didn't either... [:D]

Found a home for ammo that I didn't have weapons for, ect, ect.

I'm just tired of so much stuff - but can't bear to pitch it.  [%|]

We just got back from a trip to Wally World - had my one month old son strapped to my chest and I was rubbing his baby smooth (pardon the pun) legs.  Up walks a mother and her handsome toddler - cute little tike was wearing a prosthetic leg - and getting around just fine.

Again, my troubles are small.  I'm a very lucky man!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Which county are you in??? I am buying a house-- closing this month!

What "cool" stuff would you have in your garage sale? I *may* need some furniture and some cool gadgets...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Tate, same thing happened to my wife and I early this year. Our mortgage payment suddenly spiked $350. What a kick in the pants, but you're right, it could be worse.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#8]
$452 jump for me.

ilikelegs - no cameras, but I'm positive I've got a bottle or two of scalp polish in my closet somewhere.

kio3 is for protection of the thyroid before, during, after exposure to radioactive fallout (best if you can get started before).  Bought a bunch of the stuff to get a good price on it right after 9/11/01 - interest spiked and then nothing - everybody went back to watching the Cowboys...

Energizer - Denton County - no furniture - no cool gadgets - they're all in the safe [:D] - well except for that hot sandwich making griddle.... it's cool.... it's a pre-ban. Good luck on closing on your new house - need any brand new moving boxes?  I have plenty of them in my garage.  Come get them out of my sight!

New stovetop wok.... tactical grey.  Dove hunting assault belts - low vis stealth pattern.  For you motor pool types - Mopar 8.25" 3.92 gear set - complete - good shape - come get it the hell out of my garage.

All of my merchandise is ***guaranteed*** to be 100% for sale.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]
i got notice yesterday my mortgage was going up 70.00, i thought that was bad.i would have a heart attack if it went up 452.0
i live in Grand prairie.  
 walter
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:34:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Energizer - Denton County - no furniture - no cool gadgets - they're all in the safe [:D] - well except for that hot sandwich making griddle.... it's cool.... it's a pre-ban. Good luck on closing on your new house - need any brand new moving boxes?  I have plenty of them in my garage.  Come get them out of my sight!
View Quote

I close on May 31 supposedly (2 months earlier than expected)-- but I just found that one of the walls they put up is not "correct" according to the plans... and they will be having to replace my driveway due to a contractor screw-up...

Thanks for the offer on the boxes. I have a few, but will probably need A LOT more. How much $$$??? Message me... I would be glad to come pick them up if they are cheap/free, just in case I need them.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Who lives in Bell county? I have a house there but live in CO. Any idea if taxes going up there as well. If you have any idea please let me know. Thanks
STEVE
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:20:22 AM EDT
[#12]
IM'ed you, Energizer.

TOW2B - I was told that taxes were increasing to one degree or another, STATEWIDE.  I really would encourage you to contact the county tax assessor / collector's office for a heads-up on the Bell County property tax situation.  I haven't heard a confirmation from anyone that there property taxes **didn't** go up.

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:25:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Tate,
Thanks I will take your advice and give them a call today. I realy dont want to take a hit on back taxes. Again THANKS
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:26:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Tate,
Thanks I will take your advice and give them a call today. I realy dont want to take a hit on back taxes. Again THANKS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top