Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 7:19:50 AM EDT
I am in the process of building an NFA registered short-barreled rifle, and I will be using a post-ban lower. My question is, does registering the lower as a SBR allow me to configure the gun as a pre-ban? In other words, will I be able to attach a collapsable stock and flash hider once it has been registered as a SBR??
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:21:04 AM EDT
Nope, unfortunately not.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:37:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:18:54 AM EDT
Nope. Doesn't make a dadburn lick of sense now, does it? Eric The(OnceAPost-Ban,AlwaysAPost-Ban)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:37:59 AM EDT
I had the same question a week ago. Now I am at a roadblock at having the local chief sign the Form 1. Not gonna happen in Ft Worth.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:30:48 AM EDT
Nope, it can be a SBR but NOT a AW. However if you make it a registered machine gun you can do anything. Good luck trying to find registered parts. Boomholzer, bypass your CLEO altogether. Form a S-Corp. Then you can deduct your toys off your taxes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:40:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:23:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/15/2002 10:27:41 AM EDT by Boomholzer]
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG: Boomholzer, bypass your CLEO altogether. Form a S-Corp. Then you can deduct your toys off your taxes.
View Quote
From what I know, and I know little: I would need a licensed C2 manufacturer to "assemble" my weapon. After that, the non-associated C2 licensed manufacturer can transfer the weapon to me; the president or executor of my "company" (on a form 5)?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:25:12 AM EDT
Originally Posted By brouhaha:
Originally Posted By Boomholzer: I had the same question a week ago. Now I am at a roadblock at having the local chief sign the Form 1. Not gonna happen in Ft Worth.
View Quote
Where in Ft. Worth? You can also try a judge, the local DA, etc... There's lot's of people you can use and bypass the local chief.
View Quote
Eagle Mtn Lake. I live on the other side of Saginaw but my address is Ft Worth. I thought the form 1 required the CLEO. Does anyone know who the area "goto guy" is?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:34:17 AM EDT
You can register any NFA weapon except machine gun conversions now on a Form 1 tax paid listing yourself as the manufacturer. You do not need a title 2 manuf. to do the work.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:56:14 AM EDT
For Lord's sake, you do not ever incorporate simply so you can obtain a Class III weapon! Nor do you obtain an FFL in order to improve your personal collection, nor simply to be able to sell weapons at a gun show! Don't y'all ever read the legal articles in Machine Gun News and Small Arms Review? Eric The(Legal)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:07:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TommyBrown: You can register any NFA weapon except machine gun conversions now on a Form 1 tax paid listing yourself as the manufacturer. You do not need a title 2 manuf. to do the work.
View Quote
Yes. But, Form 1 requires CLEO signature. The whole point in SA's post was to avoid the CLEO signature by filing for s-corp. I added that I think that requires outisde C2 manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:11:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Boomholzer:
Originally Posted By SteyrAUG: Boomholzer, bypass your CLEO altogether. Form a S-Corp. Then you can deduct your toys off your taxes.
View Quote
From what I know, and I know little: I would need a licensed C2 manufacturer to "assemble" my weapon. After that, the non-associated C2 licensed manufacturer can transfer the weapon to me; the president or executor of my "company" (on a form 5)?
View Quote
No you can submit a Form 1 and do it yourself. I'm assuming we are talking a AR15 and something you know how to do. The Form 1 can be put in your corps name and be lawfully possessed by any officer of that corp.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:13:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: For Lord's sake, you do not ever incorporate simply so you can obtain a Class III weapon! Nor do you obtain an FFL in order to improve your personal collection, nor simply to be able to sell weapons at a gun show! Don't y'all ever read the legal articles in Machine Gun News and Small Arms Review? Eric The(Legal)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
No but your S Corp started for other means can lawfully have machine guns transferred to it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:43:55 PM EDT
The Form 1 can be put in your corps name and be lawfully possessed by any officer of that corp.
View Quote
looking for a new VP??? [:D]
Top Top