Check out this guy's scathing review of Corbon 135 Gr. 40S&W ammo

I can't believe this crap!
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/co3/markcolo/testing.html [/url]

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
welcom back, diss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else follow that link to a blank page?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, i think your link is fucked up, diss.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#4]
fixing it...wait one
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep....It went to a blank page for me too
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
fixed
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#7]
IT WORKS NOW
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]
What do you expect the outcome to be when you start comparing packaging, muzzle flash, noise level, and the inability of the Corbon ammo to lock his slide back on the 10th round? The last one sounds more like a problem with his firearm than the ammo itself.

I also enjoyed reading the way that he took several peoples "opinions" on which flash was brighter to determine the muzzle flash rankings.

The whole test was very unscientific and very opinionated. I'd take it with a little McDonald's package of salt.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link worked ok for me.  I am a little surprised at Cor Bons last place finish.  Have always had good results w/their 9mm.  In my 40s I went to Speer after seeing the results from tests by the Georgia State Patrol, which uses the Speer stuff exclusively.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately I have never had the time nor the capabilities to do such a test, but I have shot a fair share of Corbon 135 grain and was very satisfied.

So without a similar head to head comparison, take my words with a grain of salt if you wish.

First off, a few things discredit this individual in my mind (I don't know who he is, so sorry if I offend anyone).

He actually has a category for "Packaging/Appeal"???  What is this, a fashion show???  Also, to me muzzle flash and noise are not THAT important to the function of a defense load.

Also in his ranking of velocity (which is important to me) he ranks Corbon dead last, although it had the highest average velocity from his testing.  Doesn't make sense to me.  I'm not a stats expert so maybe I'm missing something with standard deviation, etc...

I never had any function problems with Corbon through a G22 or USP40C, but again, YMMV.

So discounting the silly (in my mind) tests like 'packaging, noise and muzzle flash,' it appear as if Corbon did decent in his test, despite his rankings.

I would like to see a credible magazine or gun guru do such a test focusing primarily on velocity, accuracy and penetration among others.

So unless you buy your ammo based on the packaging, I'd give little credibility to this guy's 'test'...
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like Ponyboy beat me to the punch.

I like the way you think PB.

Again, I'm just offering my opinions and experiences, so I hope I'm not pissing the fella off with my view of his 'test'.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like Ponyboy beat me to the punch.

I like the way you think PB.

Again, I'm just offering my opinions and experiences, so I hope I'm not pissing the fella off with my view of his 'test'.
View Quote

Great minds think alike. However, I've often wondered if not so great minds think alike also.  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:51:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Check out this guy's scathing review of Corbon 135 Gr. 40S&W ammo

I can't believe this crap!
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/co3/markcolo/testing.html [/url]

View Quote

Why not?  He held each ammo group to the same cluedgy set of criteria within each eval.

Dave S  

OOOH, silly me, the bastid left out the JBT and kitten trials. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top