Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2002 4:57:44 PM EDT
 I gave all the kids some cheap (6 for 88 cents) squirt guns on Mothers Day and my nephew took his to school today (just like he takes his favorite markers) and they wanted to suspend him but relented and ONLY gave him a detention. It was a post-ban ...see thru...obvious squirt gun.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Detention???!!!

Hell I would be ALL over them!!

Get your ass in there tomorrow...

Make sure that there is not record in his file on this.

Oh while you are at it slap the teacher up side the head.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#2]
What a crock!!! [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Is "possession" of a squirt gun against school rules, (LOL, but in a painfully ironic way) or was his behavior what got him in trouble?  Was he squirting people, or did a hawk-eyed teacher just spot a glimpse of the contraband?

If there is a rule against toy guns, was he aware of it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
More stupidity! And to think that we actually pay their salaries!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Detention does sound heavy handed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard on the radio that some kids got detention for pointing there fingers in a gun like motion.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:21:41 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]ZERO TOLERANCE[/b]

(unless you're talking about "diversity")
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Your nephew now probably has a terrorist sticker on the outside of his file.

I think schools are going a little too far.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
come on, tell the whole story.  Did he "load" it with piss?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I would probably be in jail if I were a kid today. I remember when me and my friends were in 3rd grade and we cut open a bunch of 12ga shotgun shells with our pocket knives to get the bb's out. We would have probably burned all of the gunpowder at recess but nobody had a lighter so we poured it in the trashcan.

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:07:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I would have gotten detention if I would have taken such a thing to school; this was long before zero tolerance (hell it was ok to have a pocket knife when I was in school)
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I wasn't allowed to bring squirt guns to school either.  It was not because it was shaped like a gun.  It was because it squirted WATER, was often used to squirt other students and caused disruptions.  I don't know if that's the case here.

Shotguns in gunracks were often seen in students pickups parked on our school campus in the 80's.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wasn't allowed to bring squirt guns to school either.  It was not because it was shaped like a gun.  It was because it squirted WATER, was often used to squirt other students and caused disruptions.  I don't know if that's the case here.

Shotguns in gunracks were often seen in students pickups parked on our school campus in the 80's.  
View Quote

(Terrified Antivoice)"Oh my! thats a accident waiting to happen! someone might walk by and the armor piercing round might just fire and kill them!!!"

Ban the 80's for the children....NOT! im from the 80's.

I used a .177 Pellet rifle till I was 18, not that parents restricted me. I could shoot it in the backyard with neighbors houses 50ft away and nobody cared. plus none of my friends parents cared either that we shot pellet rifles.
now i have .22(P/R) .223(R) 9MM(P) .357(P)

I don't know if any of them own any guns or not, perhaps next time they come to town I shall introduce them if i have time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#14]
If they outlaw squirt guns, only outlaws will have squirt guns..............sorry couldn't resist.

Maybe he was "brandishing it", and other students felt they were in imminent danger of "squirtage".

Did he complete the pre CCW-Squirt gun course?? Know as "squirt, don't squirt"?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#15]
just in case they havent realized:

[B] ALL BOYS CARRY SQUIRT GUNS IN THEIR PANTS.[/B]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#16]
if you thynk that was odd, heres one, my friends grandson got into a tiff wyth another kid in school, there was a small crowd & two teachers present when he said, "i'm gonna go home & get my dads gun & kill all of you..."

problem is that his parents are staunch anti-gunners & do NOT have a firearm in the house yet they were searched & are now on a "hot list"
the kid was suspended for 10 days, & the entire family has to attend anger management classes..... this happened in Colo.........!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:10:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Zero Tolerance works both ways. Bring in the cops and go through the principals desk and point out the weapons:

Pencils
Scissors
Letter opener
Pens

Well, you get the idea.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't have a problem with squirt guns in school.  It's those "assualt super-soakers" I'm worried about.  Every now and then, you'll come across a water grenade(balloon) but not very often.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#19]
He wasn't squirting anyone...he just likes to take his toys with him wherever he goes and the squirt gun (post-ban---not hi-cap super soaker)he was innocently showing it to his friends and the teacher saw this.
  As soon as I gave the kids their guns at Sunday dinner at Grandma's...Grandma yelled "get those guns out of the house" (as this was a violation of the "GRANDMA"S GUN PROHIBITION ACT OF 2002") so they had to go on the porch with their 'weapons' until they figured out that they could 'pack heat' simply by carrying concealed. I vow to keep the 'Rebels' supplied with all the squirt guns they want.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:06:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:32:29 PM EDT
[#21]
My mom is a school teacher and not too long ago they (the school administrators) didn't say anything about squirt guns during class picnics for end of the school year, now they are banned and they only allow water balloons so as not to incite fear.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Kid up here just got a suspension for having a spent shotgun shell "hull" in his jacket pocket.

I need me some money, may send my kid to school with a piece of .45ACP brass on his keychain....

gdamn. this is starting to get tiresome.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#23]
AlClenin has it right....... Heard on the radio today that two kids got in trouble in school for using their FINGERS as guns. Seems as though the teacher was offended by their behavior and turned them in to the office. It is going to continue to get worse boys and girls..........
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Ban squirt guns....FOR THE CHILDRENS
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
 I gave all the kids some cheap (6 for 88 cents) squirt guns on Mothers Day and my nephew took his to school today (just like he takes his favorite markers) and they wanted to suspend him but relented and ONLY gave him a detention. It was a post-ban ...see thru...obvious squirt gun.
View Quote

When I was in my senior year in high school, I brought a squirt gun to school because I wanted play a  joke on one my favorite male teachers, who was 10 years old than I and good-looking too (YEAH BABY!!!). When class was over at the end of day, I started squirting water at that the man. Why did I do that? It was revenge from the day before. My teacher confiscated a squirt gun from another student and kept in his desk. When I went to pick up my expensive 10-speed bicycle, which he let me keep his  classroom as oppose to being locked outside where a person is able to scratch and ding it,   he squirted me with the squirt gun. I ended up biking home all wet in the hair and parts of my shirt. Anyway, I got back at the guy. Other teachers saw what I was doing yet I didn’t get detention or suspended for it. They knew the teacher and I were good-buddies. I guess y’all can say I’m just a “kiss-ass” to teacher. LOL
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:20:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Zero tollerance!!!!  Anything that looks like a gun will get you expelled here.  Even a little tiny one on a key ring.  Pocket knives also.   I graduated from HS in '75.  We used to go to the local skeet club after school.  Some of the guys who didn't have cars left their shotguns in their lockers.  No one cared, no problems.  No school shootings either.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would keep a low profile.
It's obvious that this was a Straw purchase and you were distributing without a license. It's alway the kids that suffer the mistakes of the adults.

[:)>]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top