User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2011 4:54:57 PM EDT
Requirements:

It must be a side by side.
It must be blued.
It must have a wood stock.
It must be under $10,000
It must have interchangeable chokes.

Double triggers would be nice, but are not a must.
This will be a dove gun, and will double as a sporting clays gun.

GO!

Link Posted: 3/29/2011 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 1905 Hopkins Allen I'll sell ya for $9,999.00 Side by side. Double triggers.
Other than that. I got nuttin.   I'm not really a shotty guy.
Good luck looking.
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#2]
duct tape two saiga 12s together

Link Posted: 3/29/2011 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Find a nice specialtiy grade L.C Smith
Find gunsmith willing to choke it.
Profit?
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Searcherfortruth, stfu, your out of your element! As soon as I read the description I knew it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
duct tape two saiga 12s NEF Pardners together

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Remington 870

CZ Ringneck Custom Grade

Stand by while I do some research.
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Keltech bullpup....it's a side by side mag
Link Posted: 3/29/2011 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#8]
hello;

have you checked with your c.f.o. before you spend that kind of money?

know a little about sxs shotguns.  with the limits you set on money suggest you look into having a sxs that is fitted to you.  been there done that, suggest the following;

browning bss - used @$1k - 1.5k.  good, solid shotgun, will last a life time.

skb model 280, there are other skb types, model 100 and 200.  these sxs are going to run just under $1k to $2k. other than the model 100 they are a little on the light (weight) side.

beretta model 471.  my dream sxs. stopped bidding on one when it got to $2.8k.  to rich for my blood = wife would use it on me for spending that kind of money.

merkel model 147 types.  built like a tank, cost as much as a tank.

cabels in gonzales, la (see cabels web site) has an area devoted to high dollar shotguns.  in baton rouge, jim's, meyers and bowies have high dollar shotguns.  meyer's will be retail + 10%.  don't think jim's will do anything on price.  bowie's prices ? .

see shotgunworld.com for added info.  they only like the "3 B's" shotguns.  visit the site and you will see what i mean.

rp

Link Posted: 3/29/2011 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Beretta makes a nice SxS for around 3k !

Beretta 471 Silver Hawk (English Stock, Splinter Fore-end)

$3850
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:29:29 AM EDT
[#10]
see gunbroker -> shotgun -> sxs -> beretta.  whole page of beretta sxs, half are 471 types.  several are really really nice.  its only money, you worked hard for it, enjoy it, spent it, there will be enought left for the kids to fight over.

still suggest you find a place that can fit you.  might take a little looking because "try guns" are very expensive and you will have to pay to be fitted, but in the long it will be cost less.  one time i got a sxs that i really wanted, could not hit a grabage can lid at 25 yards.  operator error, the sxs just did not fit me.  bought that lesson.

i'm left handed.  pls. note, if you are left handed be careful. a lot of sxs and o/u have "cast off" on the stock for right handed shooters.  don't trust sellers some may not know or how to look for cast off.  some, very few,  just lie about cast off.  always best to put your hands on the item being sold.

rp
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:35:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Probably way too expensive but I have always drooled over these:

http://www.purdey.com/guns/side-by-side/
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:38:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Buy a coach gun for $300, have a smith tap it for chokes

You can send what you save to me.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I would be looking at Perazzi, Blazer, Krieghoff, and Merkel. Out of these makers you will be able to find exactly what you want and not have a run of the mill Beretta/Browning like everyone else.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Why side by side?  Over unders are far better in every way.  At least your willing to spend the dollars, that is a start.

I like the Browning Citori, has a thick feel and old school fit and finish.
The Browning Synergy is slim modern design.  I like it.  My next purchase.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Browning or Beretta for the deeper pockets. If you want to go big, get a bespoke Holland & Holland.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Two 870s, duct taped together.  I'm sure the folks at Red Jacket could cook something up for ya.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:13:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why side by side?  Over unders are far better in every way.  At least your willing to spend the dollars, that is a start.

I like the Browning Citori, has a thick feel and old school fit and finish.
The Browning Synergy is slim modern design.  I like it.  My next purchase.

Because they are cool.

I have a coach gun and it makes me feel like John Wayne.

Even though I installed a permanent butt stock pad to protect my old shoulder.

John Wayne would not be proud of me.

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#18]
if you're around Ft. Worth, Cabelas gun library has some nice sxs shotguns. It's a good starting point, so you can swing a few.
look at some books from michael mcintosh ( there are 3 "Shotguns and Shooting") that discuss action types and gunfit ( most important).
go online and look at Quality Arms website ( Houston). He imports AyA, Arrieta, and Merkels.
don't just go buy something you think "looks cool". Fit is everything.

and I don't know what you meant by "blued", but most good quality sxs actions are case-colored or "coin finished" (shiny),although a subdued "greyed" is also out there.
spend a lot of time before you spend a dime; you're in no hurry, and make sure you know what you're buying. It's easy to get screwed on a big money shotgun if you aren't careful.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:46:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Poke around in here.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 5:51:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably way too expensive but I have always drooled over these:

http://www.purdey.com/guns/side-by-side/

As soon as I saw his requirements, the first thing I thought of was Purdeys.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:17:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Poke around in here.

And here:  http://www.stevebarnettfineguns.com/

Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Yawn
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:47:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Have a look at A&S, and Rizini. Both are very nice, and on par with London guns, and may be in your price range,if you do some shopping, but are still true investment grade guns.
Stay away from the Spaniards.
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Not that pricey...

(I'm no Shotgun Expert, but saw one of these once)...

Beretta GR-3.

Doesn't have choke tubes though...however for your price, you could probably pick up several of them with various chokes.

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/30/2011 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top