Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2002 5:14:56 AM EDT
I know most of you over here are familiar with Gunslinger and he asked I come over here and post what's going on with his health.  His health is deteriating daily and they have given him no time to live.  I have had to quit my job to stay home to take care of him.  I will post the initial post I posted on another board when we announced to the public, this has been going on sometime but he just didn't want to alert anyone about it until he realized it would be better to tell people than it be such a surprise to them.  Due to reasons, he is no longer able to post here so I do hope the admins and mods will let this run so the friends he has here will be able to respond because he is able to sit for a short period of time to read some and I read what he can't to him.  Since space will not allow me to post it all in one, I will have to make a another post.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This saddens me to have to post this because this has been a very hard thing for me to face, to watch someone that you love so much deteriorate daily and see them in so much pain and everyday I wished it was me instead of him.
I know this news will come to a shock to most on this board, but it is something that has been going on for sometime and Slinger just didn't want to put it out on the boards because he just thought things would get better as time went on, but things are seemingly getting worse and he has asked me to post here to let everyone know why he isn't getting email or PM's answered as quickly as he would like and he also don't post on the board as much as he should. He has told the staff on board from the time this health issue developed but didn't want to alert the members.

Slinger has developed some health issues that is getting worse. His heart on the right side isn't functioning anymore at all and the only thing they can do at this point is a transplant and because of other health issues and habits he is not a candidate and most of all the money. The Drs. about a month ago gave him six months to live and for these days the health issue is getting stronger and everyday seems to deteriorate a little bit more. He is in severe pain 95% of the time and is not able to stay up in a chair for any period of a time. He is now at the point he no longer can eat hardly at all, he is taking Ensure in on the days he don't consume any food, but on the days he feels like eating something, it makes him so sick he doesn't want anything to eat the next day.

So as last night, he decided because of him deteriorating so rapidly and knowing six months is going to be a big stretch he wanted to go ahead and alert the members. He is not wanting any sympathy because of the this thread but he just wanted to let the people he cares and loves about so much to know why he isn't around like he should. This board means so much to him, it saddens him very much that he can't be here like he wants to be, but he tries to contribute as much as possible when he is feeling up to it.

I am taking total care of him, because his wishes is to be at home with me when something happens and I will never let this wish down, but some days are really hard because I have been a nurse for 11 yrs in my pass careers and took my patients as if they were one of mine own, but never had to be with someone 24/7 and see them suffer so much, but I know when the time comes I can say without any regret he got his wishes.

So anyone that wants to know anything more you can email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and I answer his mail as quickly as possible because I am trying to hold down my 40 hr job, but here lately I am home more than I am at work and with the 3 1/2 acres to mow and trim, time gets short around here because I always make sure Slinger's needs are met before I do anything else.[/i]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn...  Give him our love, and we'll pray as a group!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for letting us know.  Tell Bill that you and he will be in our thoughts and prayers tonight.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:55:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm so sorry to hear this. It is tragic news indeed.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the both of you. God Bless you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
He has been added to my prayer list. It really sadden's me to hear this. I will also pray for you to have the strength as you honor his wishes. May God bless you both.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:44:16 AM EDT
[#9]
You and your family are in my prayers. Mrs. Gunslinger, you are a hero in my book. My best to both of you.

Matt
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]
My prayers have been sent.

Is there anything more than we can do as a group? Please do not hesitate to ask.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:02:39 AM EDT
[#11]
[V][V][V][V][V]

I am so sorry.  You're both in my thoughts.  Please take care.

Sincerely,
Chimborazo
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#13]
This is a sad situation to be happening to a man that will be missed very much.  I am a new member here today but I'm visiting several boards that I knew Gunslinger posted in to see if there is a post about his health yet and to let all his friends know that there is a fund going to help the family out. His wife isn't able to work because she is at home taking care of him and no funds are coming in, so anyone that would like to help there is a paypal account set up that will go to them.  If you are not able we understand and prayers will be welcomed too.  Thanks everyone.  The link for the account is below.

[url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=baldmonkey58%40aol.com& item_name=Bill+and+Terri%27s+help+fund]Gunslinger's help fund[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I too, have had the opportunity to communicate with Bill "off the board", and found him to be a gentleman and a true friend.  

I am deeply saddened by this news, Mrs. Gunslinger, and can't imagine how badly you must feel.  

Me and mine will be praying for him, that God would ease the pain he's feeling, and let him enjoy his remaining days with you, and us.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Bill is one of the good guys.  My thoughts are with him.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Our best, most sincere wishes to Bill and his family... every single day.

Eric & Annie
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Makes my other problems seem pretty insignificant.  Take care and best wishes.
View Quote

agreed.  i would gladly give up my good news of passing the real estate exam if it meant we could keep this good man around.

mrs. gunslinger, my heart goes out to you.

hey missouri members:  i know i'm volunteering you guys without your consent, but i thought perhaps....is anyone close enough to help out with the chores a bit?  mowing the yard doesn't take much, nothing but time.  but as it stands, time is seems to be their most precious commodity.  just a thought.  if it wouldn't take me all day to get there (and i do mean all day!), i'd love to help out.

mrs. gunslinger, if there's anyway i can help, please let me know.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I am very sorry to hear that it's that bad. I hope for the best.

ARlady, good idea. Anybody happen to know what part of Missouri Gunslinger's from?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
MrsGunslinger58,
What part of the state are you in?Im in St Louis,but I go to KC most weekends.I dont mind driving.If you need anyting let us all know.

QBANG
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#23]
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

If you need ANY help with chores of ANY type please email me and let me know.  Please don't be afraid to ask.  I live just north of Columbia and travel several hundred miles each day so driving and helping out is no problem.

God Bless you 'slinger.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Very sorry to hear that. God Bless [:(]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:02:49 PM EDT
[#25]
This kind of news leaves one stunned and speechless.
I really wish the best for you all.
We'll pray for you, Gunslinger, and your family, too.
Amen, Brother.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#26]
[V]God Bless you both[V].
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I pray that GOD be with you both, and that he ease your pain and suffering.

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Ma'am,

My prayers are with you and your husband.

Heart disease runs heavily in my family & I know what a trying time this is for you.

The only advice I can offer is a trust in God, and the help I can provide is a reliance on friends.

God Bless,

Edward Cope
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#29]
You are both in my prayers
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#30]
My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time.

God Bless.

-legrue
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#31]
I really don't know what else to say other than my prayers are with you.

God bless.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:24:13 AM EDT
[#32]
 I am relatively new to this board and haven't had the time to get to know Gunslinger like many of the people here.I deeply regret that. But judging from the previous posts, he sounds like a great man and I am deeply saddened in hearing this news.

To the entire family.....my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I just wish I could do something more to help. May God bless and be with each of you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I pray that God gives you both peace and comfort.

Please let Gunslinger know that we will help you out as much as we can.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#34]
God bless you and yours, Gunslinger.  You are definately in my prayers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Very very sorry.

All my prayers and best wishes go to you and your familly.

god bless
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not a religious man, but I'll be praying for y'all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd be happy to help out with some of the chores if I can.  Any word as to which part of the state Gunslinger is from?

misanthrope747
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#41]
You both are in our prayers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top