Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
SteyrAUG, now you're changing your story. Halfway up page 2 you wrote:

It is only because the vast majority of those who serve, or work for the government, are dedicated to their oath that such a dramatic takeover is not possible. People like Jack and westman431 and the millions of others wouldn't stand for it.
View Quote

But at the bottom of page 2 you argue: Yes, the LEO's already are violating the Constitution -- but they're just following orders, so it's not their fault.

I support the Constitution and oppose anyone who violates it -- including potentially, as westman431 wrote, "LEOs, and even ... soldiers".

Discussions like this give LEO's the chance to think about what they are doing. If an LEO violates the Constitution and attacks me, I will defend myself. I will not forgive the LEO for attacking me simply because he is just following orders.

You wanna change something, you get it done BY MEANS of the constitution.
View Quote

There is nothing to change. The Constitution remains valid. The anti-gun laws are invalid. Any LEO who acts on the anti-gun laws is acting unlawfully. I have only to defend myself against unlawful force.

Do you actually believe if YOU and others shoot enough people the government is gonna see your point about you being able to have machine guns?
View Quote

Not me acting alone, with only a gun. That alone would not terminate the government's illegal activities.

And why do you keep suggesting that I want to get forceful? I don't want that. I'll be satisfied if the government stops using unlawful force on citizens; if the government stops, then citizens will have no need to defend themselves.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
JackBurton and SteyrAUG,

Virtually all LEO's today are willing to confiscate newly made M16's. How can you claim confidence that LEO's will uphold the Constitution, when they already are willing to violate it?
View Quote

OK FIRST the constitution DOES NOT specifically mention any firearm, let alone those that have yet to be invented. But I believe the intenet is to have weapons comparable to that of a opposing military force, which would include M16s.

SECOND, LEs do NOT make the laws. OUR representatives do. LEs are NOT asked about this. "Hey guys would this law be ok?" LEs are only tasked with enforcing the laws that exists. It is not at their discretion to obey or disobey an EXISTING LAW.
View Quote

So they're just following orders, ja?

[img]http://www.stjohnsprep.org/htdocs/sjp_tec/projects/internet/covino/poljew2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would it be wrong for a citizen to use force to protect himself in this case?
View Quote

What makes you think that a cop will shoot you for posessing an illegal (or legal) machine gun?

They won't.

Therefore you would not be justified in shooting them, when all they do is arrest.

If someone had a clear intent to kill, you would be justified, however you will still be judged by the infamous '12'.

BTW - Finish explaining your position on YOUR thread, and don't hijack this one.
View Quote

Assume for the sake of argument that laws preventing me from legally owning a recently manufactured M16 are unconstitutional.

Cop pulls me over for having (illegally) an M16. Attempts arrest. Would i be justified in resisting arrest?
View Quote

Ok, for the sake of arguement.

[b]"Cop pulls me over for having an M16."[/b]
This is a far fetched possibility.  Chances are you would not be pulled over, but ratted out and confronted in your own home.  If you get pulled over for speeding, and the cop finds an M16, he will respond appropriately (of inappropriately as the case may be).

Now you have a choice.  Submit to the arrest and fight it out in court, or draw on the officer and take the chance.

[b]"Would I be justified in resisting arrest?"[/b]
That all depends.  The state of the Union at the time, the political climate, public opinion, the laws on the books, are all factors which should influence your decision to resist.

If you resist, you must:  be faster and better with a gun than the officer (and all of his backup), have a safe place to hide indefinately, have millions of armed friends ready to assist, have a sympathetic jury, and [u]be prepared to die.[/u]

Never forget.  [b]Everyone has the right to revolt, and everyone has the right to pay for their own revolution.[/b]

If any of you are spoiling for a revolution of some sort, you had better wait a little longer.  It won't fly now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure why I would be forced to fire to stop an 'attempted arrest'. Sorry.
View Quote

Apparently you don't. Again, we're talking about an illegal forced entry illegally attempting to confiscate a constitutionally-protected firearm and therefore illegally arresting its owner. Feel free to let us know how exactly you would would put a stop to it if not opening fire - something like "Please, Officers, this is totally illegal and unconstitutional. Go back to your duties. I'll be sending you the bill for the door and frame."
View Quote

Your whole point is a symphony of assumptions of the worst kind.

You are assuming:

A.  I own an [i]illegal[/i] machine gun.
B.  Owning such a device is Constitutional.
C.  Police or SWAT or whoever are Unconstitutional.
D.  An arrest violates your C. rights.
E.  I have a gun in my hand when arrested.
F.  Authorities will execute a no-knock.
G.  Current law applies.
H.  I will do somthing to prevent this.

a.  I don't own one, and unless SHTF, I don't plan to.  Legal options are available.
b.  Your interpretation is worthless unless you can persuade the SCOTUS.
c.  You [b]can[/b] be arrested in your home.
d.  Your arrest is permissible if there is probable cause to believe that you have comitted a crime.
e.  This is unlikely.
f.  This may or may not happen.  It's constitutionality is dubious.
g.  Are you assuming that things are far worse then they are?  I'm not.
h.  Why wouldn't I simply submit to an arrest?  After all, I didn't do anything that is against the law (see a.).

If things were bad enough to that JBT's are going house to house killing people who don't turn in their weapons, then I would fight.  I also must be prepared to die.  

But that is not quite what we are discussing now, is it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Killing soldiers/law enforcement, etc. is a popular topic with the Alamo syndrome crowd.  I remember reading threads on the best way to down helicopters, ambush police at dinner, helmet shaped targets with badges on them,, etc.  One gentleman posted that he would call in a false alarm and then shoot firemen to draw in the police. His theory was that the police would be at a disadvantage because where they would try and avoid killing fireman, he wouldn't. Because of morons like this,  gun owners have quickly become a perceived threat.  Not because it's true, but because of wannabe commando's with big mouths. I'm certainly going to be wary of anyone that feels the need for a loaded rifle on his passenger seat. After all,  he might be one of those whacko's I read on the bulletin boards. 6shooter, I'm impressed that you know what I, and thousands of others, are going to do in a given (Highly unlikely) situation.  please enlighten me on how you can read minds into the future like that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I refuse to believe that EVERYone in the FBI, CIA, ATF, HRT, DOJ, LE, military, etc... is out to strip away the Constitution....
View Quote

But you also refuse to explain why EVERYone in the FBI and ATF is willing to confiscate newly made M16's from citizens.

JackBurton, do you think newly made M16's are [b]not[/b] protected by the 2nd Amendment?

Do the words of the 2nd Amendment suggest that M16's aren't protected?

Has the Supreme Court ruled that M16's aren't protected?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm as pro-constitution as the rest of you, but I'm also in the Marine reserve. I don't really expect to be given any orders such as the ones described above while I'm still in, but if I were, my loyalty is to my oath to uphold the constitution, not my CO.

That being said, if I or my unit were fired upon, the shooter would die. [b]Just the all the rest of you[/b], my self-preservation instincts would take over regardless of whether or not the person firing at me thought he was in the right. Would you try to stop a no-knock by shouting, "You're violating the constitution! Please leave!" No. Likewise, if a "gun-toting lunatic" with noble motives were to shoot at my platoon, he would be martyred within moments by accurate automatic small arms fire.

I'm a freedom-lovin' gun nut like all of you, and my loyalty is to the constitution. I won't follow an unlawful order but I WILL defend own life.

For that 0.01% of us who think killing military and LE is the way to go, please consider my words. The rest of us, I know, are more reasonable than that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe in this country, and I do not believe that my government wants to take away my liberty.  America IS liberty.

That said, if the shtf, I will not be staying in my cookie cutter anyway.  It's [b]North!  To Alaska![/b]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Torf :

Your whole point is a symphony of assumptions of the worst kind.

You are assuming:

A. I own an illegal machine gun.
View Quote

No, remember, I said that this is far likely to happen with "assault rifles" aka semi-automatic rifles.

B. Owning such a device is Constitutional.
View Quote

It most certainly is.

C. Police or SWAT or whoever are Unconstitutional.
View Quote

Well of course Police aren't "unconstitutional"!

D. An arrest violates your C. rights.
View Quote

Of course it would.

E. I have a gun in my hand when arrested.
View Quote

Oh well...

F. Authorities will execute a no-knock.
View Quote

That's a given.

G. Current law applies.
View Quote

Unconstitutional laws are unenforcable.

H. I will do somthing to prevent this.
View Quote

No, I guess you wouldn't. Geben Sie mir Ihre Gewehren, Juden!  

Quoted:
I'm a freedom-lovin' gun nut like all of you, and my loyalty is to the constitution. I won't follow an unlawful order but I WILL defend own life.

For that 0.01% of us who think killing military and LE is the way to go, please consider my words. The rest of us, I know, are more reasonable than that.
View Quote

I don't think you're understanding what we're talking about here. We're not talking about going *after* LEOs and military! We're only discussing what would happen if the ATF, FBI, or even the military broke down our doors to illegally confiscate our arms. And I can assure you that number is more than 0.01%.

As for defending your own life, if you won't follow an unlawful order then you won't be in a position to have to defend your life from a gun owner.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't think you're understanding what we're talking about here. We're not talking about going *after* LEOs and military! We're only discussing what would happen if the ATF, FBI, or even the military broke down our doors to illegally confiscate our arms.
View Quote

That is exactly what I'm talking about: [b]Defending myself against an illegal attack[/b].

And yet the anti-machinegun crowd continues to claim that I want to launch attacks on firemen and cops indiscriminately.

[b]Typical propoganda[/b] put forth by the [b]anti-machinegun[/b] crowd.

Not one friggin person on this thread has explained to me how they can support the Constitution and yet trust LEO's who [b]today[/b] confiscate protected arms.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:17:12 PM EDT
[#11]
6shooter, do you have a class 3 license which allows you to legally own an M16 (meaning a full auto or 3rd. burst M16)?  If you have gone through all proper channels to legally obtain an M16 (or other NFA weapon) then you most likely have nothing to fear unless your under suspicion of a criminal act.  People who have class 2, class 3 or concealed carry permits aren't generally the folks the FBI or ATF have the most concern with.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Kevin,

Federal law ([url]www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/nfireact.pdf[/url]) distinguishes between machineguns produced before and after 1986.

The government permits citizens to possess only machineguns produced before 1986. Newer machineguns are [i]absolutely[/i] prohibited, except to government agencies and licensed manufacturers/importers/dealers.

Any machinegun produced after 1986 is flat-out [b]banned[/b]. No amount of tax-stamps or government forms will change this.

This ban on modern machineguns is a violation of the Constitution, yet the FBI and ATF uses the so-called ban to justify its use of force against citizens (i.e., if the ATF knows you have a modern machinegun, they will INCARCERATE you and they will CONFISCATE your gun).

While people on AR15.com speculate about the future, most seem oblivious that the anti-Constitutional confiscations have been going on for years already -- with the unanimous support of the FBI and ATF.

I have everything to fear, Kevin:

-- The Constitution is being violated TODAY. The government IS confiscating machineguns produced after 1986.

-- People who speak in defense of the Constitution are branded "extremists" and "cop-haters".

-- Today's ban on modern machinegun paves the road for future incremental anti-gun bans and confiscations. If left unchecked, the legislators will ban additional guns; the LEO's will confiscate these guns; people who object to the confiscations will be branded "extremists" and "cop-haters".

-- Pro-gun people put undue faith in LEO's to refuse illegal orders "when the time comes". The time CAME in 1986, and the LEO's obeyed the illegal orders.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Kevin,

Federal law ([url]www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/nfireact.pdf[/url]) distinguishes between machineguns produced before 1986 and machineguns produced after 1986.

The government permits citizens to possess only machineguns produced before 1986. Newer machineguns are absolutely prohibited, except to government agencies and licensed machinegun manufacturers/importers/dealers.

And machinegun produced after 1986 is flat-out [b]banned[/b]. No amount of tax-stamps or government forms will change this.

This ban on modern machineguns is a violation of the Constitution, yet the FBI and ATF uses the so-called ban to justify its use of force against citizens (i.e., if the ATF knows you have a modern machinegun, they will INCARCERATE you and they will CONFISCATE your gun).

So while people on AR15.com speculate about the future, most seem oblivious that the anti-Constitutional confiscations have been going on for years already -- with the unanimous support of the FBI and ATF.

I have everything to fear, Kevin. The Constitution is being violated TODAY, and those who speak in defense of the Constitution are branded "extremists" and "cop-haters".
View Quote

Don't you understand? The ATF and FBI are not at fault. They don't make these laws. They're just doing their jobs. If you've got a problem with that and think you're going to try to do something about it you'd best [u] be prepared to die[/u].

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:43:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok then, to further clarify, do you have a class 3 license for an M16 produced before 1986?  Just because it was produced before 1986 doesn't give you the right own one w/out a license.   Non-licensed civilian ownership of class 3 firearms (full auto, etc.) was ended back in the 40's or something.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you for the advice. I know the Bill of Rights, and I know the federal laws that violate it. Since LEO's ignore the Constitution, I'm not going to talk about my possessions, except to assure you that they are all protected by the Constitution.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Then the discussion about shooting people because of your fictious M16 is over!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top