Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2002 10:41:03 PM EDT
tonight was the first time i messed with a guitar. holding it sorta had the same feeling the first time holding an evil black rifle. not quite, but similar. i suppose its sorta a glamour/sex appeal thing.

im thinking about gettin a low end electric guitar just to mess with and maybe learn a little bit. any of my fellow AR15.com brothers play the guitar?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
if it got a flash hider then it probably is evil
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been playing guitar since I was 13(31 now)
Guitar takes patience and can be every bit as involved as guns are in the collecting/money
aspect of it.BTW,I play metal,southern rock and
classic rock;I don't play very much country music(some but not alot)
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I play bass, does that count?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

NERD!  J/K, it is actually much harder to play bass well than to play the guitar well.

Matt- I would reccommend getting a decent used guitar over a cheap new one.  If you decide to stick with it you'll be much happier not having to replace the guitar.  Cheap guitars tend to have crappy actions, thin wiring, and pickups that sound thin and feed back when really cranked.  Not good feedback either, nasty coil feedback.  Bring a friend who plays and he'll point you in the right direction.

BTW, having two expensive hobbies is not always a good thing. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure, long as you land them, too.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been playing since I was 15, will be 33 this year. I traded my trumpet at a pawn shop
for a Gibson Flying-V copy.... Music was my life for a long time, clubbing, recording...
came close to the big deal once.... now I just play and record for myself and jam w/friends.

Get a guitar, you'll learn to love it and it'll boost your moral when your down. I would suggest you get a descent one to learn on,
don't get a POS or it will discourage you.

ENJOY!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a fiddle shop next door to one of the local gun shops,and I keep a eye on the window a while back there was a yamaha in there, I don't play but I had to have it, of coure it was black...what is this thing with black rifles,pistols,and guitars [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
That's the dangerous thing about a good pawn shop.  Stop One is at the handgun counter, then off to see what's in the rifle/shotgun rack, then Stop Three at the guitars hanging on the wall.

That pawn shop takes toooooo much of my money . . .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top