Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
1100 it is, at the food stand.  Be there or be square.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, it's down to the wire!
Looks like 11:00 by the food stand up front.
I'll be wearing a Compaq shirt, ARH an Armalite hat (all hung over!) [:D].
Hope to meet a bunch of you guys!
See ya Saturday!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You boys make me homesick. I moved from Atlanta, and grew up in Villa Rica, west of Atlanta. BBQed a lot of pork out that way. What I wouldn't do for some pulled pork and brunswich stew. Put the corn to me and bring on the beer. Sh!t I would love to get in on that one. Any of you throw shoes.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I could join you all. I have to go to my wife's company cook out on Saturday. But there will be several kegs!! My family has about 300 or so acres in Whitfield county (Dalton area) that is all pastures and mountains. I can shoot out to about 600 yards. We shoot alot of machine guns there and nobody ever comes to check on us. It would be a great place to shoot but it is Hay season. I might try to have a small shoot this fall if anyone is interested. I live in Dalton an I work in Atlanta. Sorry I have to miss the gun show.
bcr308
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish I could join you all. I have to go to my wife's company cook out on Saturday. But there will be several kegs!! My family has about 300 or so acres in Whitfield county (Dalton area) that is all pastures and mountains. I can shoot out to about 600 yards. We shoot alot of machine guns there and nobody ever comes to check on us. It would be a great place to shoot but it is Hay season. I might try to have a small shoot this fall if anyone is interested. I live in Dalton an I work in Atlanta. Sorry I have to miss the gun show.
bcr308
View Quote

That would be great, I'm in for that! I was wanting to do a BBQ & Shoot, but I don't have any land to do it on!
Email me, keep in touch!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You boys make me homesick. I moved from Atlanta, and grew up in Villa Rica, west of Atlanta. BBQed a lot of pork out that way. What I wouldn't do for some pulled pork and brunswich stew. Put the corn to me and bring on the beer. Sh!t I would love to get in on that one. Any of you throw shoes.
View Quote

If you ever come back to visit, let me know!
We'll get some beers!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't thrown shoes in a long time but I would definitely be up for some. Let's just not put any money up, we can play for bullets.[:d]

IIRC Georgia Arms is in Villa Rica?
Have you ever had BBQ from Malears?
Let us know if you come to visit.
I know you miss The Varsity. Best grease in the world.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:17:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, it's almost a requirement when you live in the Atlanta area to go and get your annual colon cleansing at The Varsity...

...waddayahav...

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 4:27:48 AM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.northatlantatradecenter.com/directions.html[/url]

Dave S
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:22:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't thrown shoes in a long time but I would definitely be up for some. Let's just not put any money up, we can play for bullets.[:d]

IIRC Georgia Arms is in Villa Rica?
Have you ever had BBQ from Malears?
Let us know if you come to visit.

ARH
View Quote

Yes georgia Arms is in villa Rica, went there in 95 when I came home to bury my grandfather. they didn't take walkins.

Never been to Malears, but I've spent a lot of time at the Varsity and the Yellow Jacket (been there? Is it still there?).

Also, a lot of time on tire tubes on the Chatt. River with beer. There use to be a big beer party on the river with all sorts of rafts. Do they still have it?

How 'bout Aunt Jemima's (sp)? And Pitty Pat's Porch? Sure would like to hang around down there for awhile!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:30:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey fellas,
  I am really new to posting on the board but have been a " lurker " for about 6 months. I am about to trade my preban sks with folding stock and a Mac90 for a postban AR15...then maby I will show my face w/o shame. How many Ga Boys do we have on this board?
   JDT

Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Usually I go to John's Mountain WMA range about 45 minutes north of Atlanta up I-75 near Calhoun.
View Quote

i used to shoot a johns mountain. we've probably seen each other there. there's also a DNR range at Cisco. both about an hour drive from where i live, near jasper. now i'm a member at Pickens County Sportsmens Club, so i dont do the DNR ranges much. it would be good to meet some of you folks!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes georgia Arms is in villa Rica, went there in 95 when I came home to bury my grandfather. they didn't take walkins.
View Quote
Apparently they do now.  I have gone there three times in the last year and a half and bought over the counter.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
Apparently they do now.  I have gone there three times in the last year and a half and bought over the counter.
View Quote

Great to hear, I can get my uncle to pick up stuff for me.

Any of you boys sit by the fire at night and listen to the dogs run? Or how about going up to north Ga and camping for squirrel hunting?
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]
One more bump, back to the top before the night shift checks in...

Wish I could be there tomorrow to meet you guys.  I'm sure we can all find a time and place to get together in the future.

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Time On Deck is 0830.

BUMP  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]
s0ulzer0 and I were the only two to show.
Where was everybody?

ARH
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
s0ulzer0 and I were the only two to show.
Where was everybody?

ARH
View Quote
Got there at 1115, late I know.  Went to the food stand up front.  Probably should have gone to the one in back, the one I did not discover for about an hour.  

Did you two see how well the American flag was filled out over at Ducks Unlimited?
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 5:05:55 PM EDT
[#19]
larry g that tall blonde was nice,did you see the gal in the purple see through shirt???
rescue92
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I should have driven the 20 hours to get there!
Link Posted: 5/18/2002 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
larry g that tall blonde was nice,did you see the gal in the purple see through shirt???
rescue92
View Quote
No, I didn't see the purple shirt.  Where was she?  I may have to go back down tommorrow.  Did she have on anything underneath?
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:01:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Never been to Malears, but I've spent a lot of time at the Varsity and the Yellow Jacket (been there? Is it still there?).

Also, a lot of time on tire tubes on the Chatt. River with beer. There use to be a big beer party on the river with all sorts of rafts. Do they still have it?
How 'bout Aunt Jemima's (sp)? And Pitty Pat's Porch? Sure would like to hang around down there for awhile! [/quote]

I don't know about The Yellow Jacket or Aunt Jemimas, and it has been a long time since I have been Pitty Pat's. There is no longer an official "Shoot the Hooch". It got too big, and too many people died. You can still rent rafts in several locations, and people still enjoy a few cold ones as they float along. I needed a lube job, so I went to the Varsity Junior for lunch today. (just to make you jealous)[;)]
Let us know if you make it back to Hotlanta anytime soon.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/19/2002 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#23]
When I was young, I grew up across the street from Grant Park, off Blvd. on Home Ave. Across the street from Jerome Jones Elementary school, my school. This is in the 50's. Before there was an underground, we use to go down there (lot os trains) and shoot rats!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top