Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2002 6:19:21 AM EDT
13 years in the Army and the last 9 in the infantry, the only time I have had shoots fired in my direction was helping to build a paitball field in CO. The neighbors have a armed security business and were out shooting. Their backstop was less then 6 feet high and they were shooting our direction.( if they did a 180 the backstop was a good 10 feet or so) The first 2 rounds where close enough to hear and the third close enough to hear the impact behind me. Its amazing how fast gravity works, and how well my training has set in.( spelling errors are all mine)

Hop, Drop, Hit, Roll, Shot somebody.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a few gangsters take shots as their car sped off by me.  Not sure if they were trying to hit me or if they were shooting in the air, but it was enough for me to take cover as I was drawing my gun.  Hid there for a few minutes, and they never came back around.  It scared the poop out of me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Shot by a "friend" with a BB gun when I was a kid...

...and then there was that shotgun loaded with rocksalt...  ouch...

That's it, though...

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I fought the Law, and the Law won.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:44:42 AM EDT
[#4]
My Father and I were shot at while hunting woochucks by a couple of drunk *ssholes. We were in clearview in an open field.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:46:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Found a 9mm FMJ on the driveway once.  Was during the summer after the 4th, and there's some gang turf some ways away.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#6]
My brother shot at me.  We were standing in our grandma's field with some friends.  We both had rifles.  He started shooting past me and around me.  He thought it was hilarious.  I thought he was going to lose a toe or worse(he's a very bad shot).  I also thought I can shoot him in self defense(we don't really like each other).  Luckly for him, our mother was in my granma's house and there would have been no end to the grief I would receive for shooting him.  I could here her saying,"He wasn't trying to hurt you.  Why did you have to shoot him?", in my head.  We get along better now because I rarely see him.[frag]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#7]
<---------Rasies hand.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I am embarrassed to admit this one.....

When I was young(16-17) a buddy of mine and I used to drink a lot and just drive around the back roads.(safe wasn't it!)
Anyway, one summer night I was waiting for him to come and pick me up at my house so we could go out drinking. He arrived about 10:00 pm and had already had "A Couple" of beers.

This time however he was very pissed, he said that on the way over he had stopped on the road to take a piss and someone drove by and almost hit him. He said he followed them to where they lived and they ran in the house, so he wanted to get me and go back and confront them.

So being the young dumbass that I was, I agreed and jumped in my car and he in his. we headed toward where he had seen them enter the house. My buddy was driving in front of me, and about 50 ft from the residence he hit the gas and took off. I was disappointed that he had "pussed" out, so I started to slow down as I approached the residence, I was going to take care of it myself. At that point I heard what I thought to be firecrackers, it was late June so that was not unusual. However when I was about 10 ft. away from the residence I could see that 2 people were standing by the road, one had a nickel plated revolver and was firing it at my car, I remember being fascinated with the muzzle flash and the smoke from the little revolver. I came to my senses about a half second later when I realized what exactly was happening. I fled the area with prejudice as well.

I met my buddy a couple of miles down the road, as he had stopped to load his HK .45, He said "If they want a gunfight, I 'll give 'em one!!" At that point I had a brief moment of sense and grabbed his gun, and told him that we needed to just go get some more beer and relax. He listened to me and we had no more problems that night or in the future.

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I have never been shot at but I did have an older neighbor, he was 15, we were 11 or 12, point a loaded .38 at us.  The guy was/is f*cking nuts. We were all standing around and he walks up and just start pointing the gun us and began ordering us around. I guess he liked the way it felt to point a gun at someone.

I have had shots fired near me I don't know if they where aiming for me or not.  I was working at a chemical plant in Charlotte, NC near a housing project. Someone about fifty yards away began firing while I was walking across an empty parking lot.  I got low and moved for the loading dock.  It's amazing how fast you can move when properly motivated.  Apparently, this was a reoccurring problem. They has several bullet holes in the roof of the warehouse.They also had to construct a berm around the flammable drum storage area because folks in the projects were taking shots at the drums.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:15:04 AM EDT
[#10]
i once caught some guy breaking into my neighbor's house during the day. he took off on foot, so i pursued. when he reached the street he jumped in a car where his buddy was waiting. as they sped off, the driver stuck a handgun out the window in my general direction and fired, so i flattened myself on the pavement.

i'm much less enthusiastic now about chasing burglars.

what was really odd was that the owners arrived withing a minute or so, and ive always suspected they knew the breakin was going to occur. insurance scam?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Is this close enough?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/shooter505%2FP5100002%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:17:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a nice 4" long and 3/4" wide scar on the back of my leg from a ND graze wound as a kid. Long story but suffice it to say getting shot sucks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is this close enough?

[url]www.ar15.com/members/albums/shooter505%2FP5100002%2EJPG[/url]
View Quote

Story?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#15]
.22 Winchester CB short. The CB short is a very low velocity 22 short. Take my word for it a low velocity 22 will penetrate and does hurt! The worst part is when the Doctor runs a long Q-Tip type swab with antiseptic on it thru the wound channel-this hurts much-much worse than the initial wound!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#16]
 i was with the 26th Marines in viet nam in 67 & 68. But we couldn,t shoot back. all we could do was throw rocks and holler out a bunch of profanites about their mother,s. but i still have some nice scars to remind me of all the fun times. my favorite saying was (eat the apple #@$ck the core) call sign lease Breaker.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#17]
shot once blown up twice escaped with minor injuries each time..
God watched over me..
Been shot at lots of times...couple of not so friendly fire was hairy...
Those 2.75 inch rockets are nasty....with fleshettes
175mm arty..got a little close
A couple of US AirForce Phantoms got a little to close once.
My ex wife also shot at me once.. colt dectective special 38...
she was only a few feet away and missed...I think she was just trying to scare me..guess what ..it worked!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#18]
When I was real young 9 or 10 my dad used to take use deer hunting on state land. a soon a day broke it seemed to me we were in a war zone. never actually had anyone shoot at us intentionally but a few strays did come close well close for a 9 year old about 50 yards.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:03:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes I have....but it was really my own fault and was a result of my one and only ND. I had been deer hunting in the mountains above our ranch in Utah and was walking home with my rifle slung over my shoulder. I was using a sling that I had made from braiding paracord and was pretty proud of it. This rifle was a beauty and is still the only rifle that I have ever sold. It was a Mannlicher stocked, Remington 700 action chambered in 6.5mmx.06. It was a deer gettin' SOB! The only reason I sold it was that my source for ammo dried up and I didn't know how to reload, what a dumbass!Anyway, I was walking back down to the ranch when the sling came untied from the top swivel. The rifle then fell to the ground and discharged back towards where I had come from. I did not know it, but there was a camp just off the roadand the ND must have come pretty close. I began to hear a couple of hornets buzzing by me but I paid them no mind and kept walking. A few seconds later I heard the BOOMS of several rifles being fired. Well, I quickly put two and two together and found some cover. The rest of the walk/run home was a series of dashes from cover to cover. I told my Dad and we went into the camp and explained and made sure there were no injuries. Talk about a learning experience!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Never intentionally, but as a bird hunter I have often been shot at by dumbasses who were not paying attention to what was down range (once it was even close enough to break skin). Pretty lame compared to most of these stories, but scary enough to make me switch over to coyotes.

Kyle

Edited to add that I almost took my head off one time with a ND from a shotgun when I was first learning to use one (thanks for the reminder Wiggy762, I had almost lived it down!).
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:18:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, but all very badly aimed.  A couple of AAA rounds, an AK out back of Tu Do Street.  Hard to tell if they're really trying.  Got the cyclo driver moving, though.

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#22]
4 years in the Marine corps and 9 years in Law Enforcement. Ive been shot at lots of times.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Many, many times. I even have a scar on my forehead from were I had a large caliber bullet grazed me.
When I lived in Nevada as a kid, we use to go out in the desert and play.
This event has happened more than once, but this is the only time I got hit. Some guy decided he wanted to hunt children, and we just happen to be in the right secluded place at the right time. I was about 50 yds away from him when he shot me.
After about the 7th time we got hunted, we became much more careful when we went out in the desert.
Even at that, we still got hunted.
The farthest someone tried to hit me at was around 1500 yds +. It missed my head what sounded like around 3'.
They were so far away, I could barely see them, I couldn't even hear the gunshot. Just a few bullets swished past my head, and yes, they were trying to hit me for sport.

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Neatest scar I ever saw, and story to go with it, is on a guy I shoot bullseye with.  He was an Army sniper in Somalia (IIRC) and another sniper took a couple of shots at him.  They were looking for the other sniper when he saw a flash out of the corner of his eye.  He pulled his head back from reflex, whatever, and got nicked on the very front of his Adam's Apple.  Tiny little horizontal scar.  Good story.  They got the other sniper.

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes. Idiot hunter.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:40:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Been sprayed by the outer fringe of dove-loads at ~10 yards - GDMFer swept right by me in line!

Had unknown rounds whiz about 1-2ft overhead and knock off tree twigs I was standing under. Never did find out who was taking potshots at us in the desert - [pissed]

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:41:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Lessee...

Once, we were shooting at a bowling ball (ball--not pin).  A .45 slug ricocheted off the ball and fragmented.  A large fragment hit me square in the chest.  The fragment had lost most of its energy when it hit me and so it didn't penetrate, but it hurt like hell.

Another time I was visiting a friend.  A couple of gangsta's in an old sedan had just finished threatening someone and started heading towards me when I pulled into he street.  We both stopped and just sort of looked at one another.  The one in the passenger seat stuck a small chromed SNS out his windows and fired into the air.  I put my car into reverse and backed away from 'em.  They sped off.

It didn't even occur to me what had happened until after they had left.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Only once, buy some maroons who thought it was funny to send rounds over our heads while shooting out in the desert.  We (I) shot back, they stopped.  I've never been shot at where the person was trying to kill me.

I also used to shoot bowling pins at a local range, and, as in any competition, some of the guys came in with their high-zoot raceguns.  One guy had a tricked out revolver that he handloaded waaay down for... you could watch the rounds fly from the gun to the pins they moved so slow! Anyhow, this guy was shooting his string when he got to the middle pin and, with everyone watching, he shot, the bullet hit the pin, and came right back at him... hit him square between the eyes! Rung his bell and gave him a nifty cut, but otherwise he was fine...  

Edited to add the second story.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#29]
12 year old boyscout...sent to get flat rocks out of a freshly plowed field, to line a firepit with.

farmer's wife opened up with a shotgun from the porch of the farmhouse.

we ran, and a couple of us caught a few pellets. didn't hurt as bad as the scoutmaster digging the shot out.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My brother shot at me.  We were standing in our grandma's field with some friends.  We both had rifles.  He started shooting past me and around me.  He thought it was hilarious.  I thought he was going to lose a toe or worse(he's a very bad shot).  I also thought I can shoot him in self defense(we don't really like each other).  Luckly for him, our mother was in my granma's house and there would have been no end to the grief I would receive for shooting him.  I could here her saying,"He wasn't trying to hurt you.  Why did you have to shoot him?", in my head.  We get along better now because I rarely see him.[frag]
View Quote

That sucks. I thought me and my brother didn't get along good. We never shot at each other though.
My friend did shoot him with a BB gun once 15 years ago and my brother still hates my friend for that LOL. And my friend is now a State Trooper.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:01:15 AM EDT
[#31]
How could I forget, once with saltrock, and once with #6 shot.

Saltrock: Crazy old lady just didn't like kids going past her house. [BD]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Twice.  The first time was in a cemetary.  We chased a burglar into a cemetary, and he was firing shots in every direction.  It was about midnight. Several of us were hiding behind headstones.  We couldn't get to him so they sent the dogs in after him.  They were hungry that night.

The second time was from about 14 feet.  A guy in  a bar was shooting at people as they ran.  I happened to be outside and heard the shots.  I went in and he fired a shot at me and missed me by 4 inches off the right side of my head.  I fired back and hit the gun.  I was shooting for center body mass and the way he was holding the gun it was in front.  He still had the gun and fired two more times even though a couple of fingers were messed up.  I was still firing also and ducking at the same time.  My second shot hit him 1 inch above the navel and the third two inches above that.  His second and third apparently went right over my head according to the detectives.  He was shooting a desert eagle .44 mag, and I a S&W mod. 65 .357 Mag.  God was definitely with me that night. I fired a total of five shots and he 4 in about 2 seconds.  Shootouts happen really fast.

As for his gun, my round didn't do any damage to it.  It hit the trigger guard and it looked like someone had used a metal inscriber and drew a perfect circle on it.  They are really tough guns.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I was shot at in Desert Storm.  Both with small arms and artillery.  They were walking the artillery in before our guns wiped 'em out.  They actually got about 500 yards from our gun placements. We sent over some rocket assisted air bursts for their troubles.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:51:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Three of my friend on motorcycle were using some secluded back road as a race track. (okey I'm stupid)
then out of nowhere I see shots hitting the canyon above us. All of us roll on the gas and rode the hell out of that canyon. We rode like 60-80 on the twisty mountain road until he reach a ski lodge.

I guess we spook some pocher's game and they decied to take some shot at us.

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Three of my friend on motorcycle were using some secluded back road as a race track. (okey I'm stupid)
then out of nowhere I see shots hitting the canyon above us. All of us roll on the gas and rode the hell out of that canyon. We rode like 60-80 on the twisty mountain road until he reach a ski lodge.

I guess we spook some pocher's game and they decied to take some shot at us.

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:32:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yes. Idiot hunter.
View Quote

wow! is there a bag limit for idiots? got any recipes?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I was a police officer for 10 yrs, no problem, but got shot at by a couple hillbillys while canoeing down the Current river in the Ozarks. I'm sure they were just a couple of good 'ole boys having fun, but I've seen Deliverance and didn't want to stick around and find out!

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:00:01 AM EDT
[#40]
One time my friend and I decided to mess with my girlfriend, she always left her car unlocked, and I always told her that if she didnt start locking it she would get her stuff stolen. so anyway one night late we went out to her car and took the face off of her car stereo, and made her car look ransacked.

Then we went in and told her that some one had broken into her car and that we had chased them off, it was dark out, so she ran outside, saw her ransacked car, and saw some people in the distance down the street, (probibly just neighbors) anyway, we were about to tell her that we were kidding, she ran into the house, and ran out with a 9mm (one of her dads guns) and she started running at these people, so I tackled her and had to wressle the gun away from her. (she was going to shoot these people!!! ) anyway while I was trying to get the gun from her she was telling me that it was not even loaded, but after I got it I found that it was not only loaded, but it has a hollowpoint in the chamber!!!! I dont mess with her anymore.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. Idiot hunter.
View Quote

wow! is there a bag limit for idiots? got any recipes?
View Quote

Do you taste like chicken?[;D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:45:38 AM EDT
[#42]
yeah, been in two "shootouts",got shot once.
not anything like tv, they failed to mention that in the academy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lets see if this picture thing works.

[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/8/11/96/37681196YcIQDF_ph.jpg[/img]
View Quote

There you are...
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
One time my friend and I decided to mess with my girlfriend, she always left her car unlocked, and I always told her that if she didnt start locking it she would get her stuff stolen. so anyway one night late we went out to her car and took the face off of her car stereo, and made her car look ransacked.

Then we went in and told her that some one had broken into her car and that we had chased them off, it was dark out, so she ran outside, saw her ransacked car, and saw some people in the distance down the street, (probibly just neighbors) anyway, we were about to tell her that we were kidding, she ran into the house, and ran out with a 9mm (one of her dads guns) and she started running at these people, so I tackled her and had to wressle the gun away from her. (she was going to shoot these people!!! ) anyway while I was trying to get the gun from her she was telling me that it was not even loaded, but after I got it I found that it was not only loaded, but it has a hollowpoint in the chamber!!!! I dont mess with her anymore.....
View Quote

Damn... if you ever break up, let [b][i]her[/i][/b] do it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Shot at about seven or eight years ago. A buddy and I were hiking through a really dense part of Lake Tahoe, CA. We stumbled onto someone's marijuana field. Someone or someones started shooting at us and we hightailed it out of there.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Shot at about seven or eight years ago. A buddy and I were hiking through a really dense part of Lake Tahoe, CA. We stumbled onto someone's marijuana field. Someone or someones started shooting at us and we hightailed it out of there.
View Quote

you should have returned with matches.
make some potheads  cry when their stupid dope goes up in flames, what are they gonna do, call the policeand report arson to their dope?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#47]

[img]http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v0/8/11/96/37681196YcIQDF_ph.jpg[/img]
Thanks Chimborazo, I don't see what I was doing wrong. As you can see on the left of my shin I was perforated at one point. I was seeing this girl in Tacoma. All my life I have been looking for just one woman who might meet these stringent criteria:
1. Not a drunk
2. Not a drug addict.
3. Reasonably intelligent
4. Reasonably attractive.
5. Not crazy.
Sometimes I get 3 out of 5.
The girl seemed to meet 4 out of 5 at first. One Saturday morning she woke up from a DREAM that I was cheating on her. She knew it was a dream. She got up, got her little .25 Beretta, and took aim straight for Big Jim and the twins. Thankfully for any future poikilotrms that might come along I sleep curled up. I woke up to a feeling like someone had smacked me across the shin with a bat and saw that crazy bitch freaking out with a gun in her hand. It was somewhat disorienting. Naturally she was immediately apologetic. We had a heated, brief discussion, and then I began throwing her stuff onto the lawn. Upon inspection of the wound I saw that the round had imbedded itself into my tibia with about 1mm of the base sticking up. I got a ridged forcep, bit down on a rag, and yanked it out. HA! Screw you John Wayne! After cleaning up the vomit and brushing my teeth I cleaned the wound with H2O2, put on a wad of gauze, and used, yes, duct tape to hold it in place.

I still have a semicircular notch in the bone that I let chicks stick their finger into. I used  tell them that is why I was so afraid of commitment. It worked until the woman I am seeing now came along.

I was also shot at by accident and not hit when I was a boy by some other kids shooting at cans and pinecones floating in a pond. It was no fun, but I think lowcrawling under fire may be genetically programmed.

Lessons learned:
1. Never let your loved ones have a .25. They  don't get the job done.
2. Don't date nuts, and always protect yours.
3. Don't shoot at water.
4. Duct tape rocks.
5. Pain hurts.
6. My friends who told me I wouldn't be a gun enthusiast if I ever got shot were, apparently from the responses to this thread and my own experience, dead wrong.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:45:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Leaving the club with wife (then girlfriend).
She always had some reason why I should leave my weapons at my place (basicly anywhere execpt around her). We are leaving the club when this guy simply ... well it got ugly .. after "WE" (yup, thats right we never fight alone... hey I was young) got this guy bleeding on the floor.... being the dumb $hits that we where, we started talking among ourselves about how good it all went down. when the freaking a-hole starts shoting at us.. I only took one kick to the head bring that nasty little episode to an end. And before any of you start feeling sorry for that little prick...dont
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Been shot at a couple times. Once by the cops when I was young, dumb and doing dumb things. Multiple times when I was at Camp Demi in Bosnia. Once with and M60,(FNG didn't understand the range markers). Last weekend hunting ground squirrels, my buddy doesn't understand that his Valmet M78 ricochets.
Isn't life grand?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes.  Summer 1984 while a passenger on an AMTRAK train from L.A. to Portland.  The train was traveling slowly through Oakland, CA, (of all places).  Early morning around 0200, I was reading (after an entire day on the train, could not sleep) and I was the only passenger in that car to have the window curtains open and reading light on (yes, not smart).  Then BANG! something hits the window next to me.  Being as it was dark, I did not know what had hit it.  Frightened the $#!* out of me.  When we pulled into a station about 10 minutes later, I could see a pockmark right next to my head.  Looked to be about .22 cal, but the projectile did not penetrate the glass.  I am grateful for bullet resistant glass/poor terminal ballistics of the projectile, but a good shot nonetheless.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top